August 29th - Kindergarten

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by metadept, Aug 29, 2014.

1. Dust

Dust Giant Laser Beams

You're right. Viciously murdering Ponies would be much more appropriate, thank you :)

BlueSmoke likes this.
  2. thatwaffle

thatwaffle Void-Bound Voyager

There's a problem it still has birds, also will this biome still generate bones under the surface? I remember being quite creeped out by those underground biomes when i first played

3. thunderskull833

thunderskull833 Orbital Explorer

uhhh okay

4. CaptainFoxx

CaptainFoxx Pangalactic Porcupine

Its a good idea, unfortunately I only seem to get the fir trees that spawn there, and those things only drop one sapling per tree.

If I could, I'd suggest re-balancing the drop rates of seeds for specific trees

5. Dust

Dust Giant Laser Beams

6. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Judging by that eloquent reply, I don't think you got the reference. This video should clear it up.

7. thunderskull833

i see never saw that movie or play or whatever it is

8. Jonesy

It's just a song... :confused:

9. Dust

Dust Giant Laser Beams

Just.. Just... Just he says.. this isn't /Just/ a song.. How dare you... :mad::viking:

/derail thread

Beatrice and Jonesy like this.
  10. KazeSkyfox

KazeSkyfox Scruffy Nerf-Herder

They could just put surface caves back in, I don't mind the outposts being a shortcut but I don't want them to be more appealing than actually exploring nor do I want the cave exploration to be completely gone from the game which is basically what removing surface caves would do for me. I'd never have any reason to leave my planet besides finding a nicer one if I can just buy everything through grinding.

I hope this isn't their idea of non-linear progression because that's a pretty half-assed way to do it.

11. thunderskull833

ok ok not being mean geez

12. zaik

zaik Void-Bound Voyager

I'm not really sure why you think that all surface caves are removed from every single biome forever and would stay that way from now on just because they weren't generating in a less than day old biome in a nightly build.

And outposts are literally just there to allow you to buy stuff and sell stuff for pixels(and maybe accept some sort of missions?), not really sure why you think that would somehow invalidate exploration rather than supporting it.

13. Dembai

Dembai Void-Bound Voyager

While true, this doesn't stop that very first quest from referencing vines. I'm presuming that surface caves will return, I just miss them. >>;;

TottWriter likes this.
  14. Zael

Zael Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Implemented as Solar Roadways it would work beautifully.

15. KazeSkyfox

Probably because they weren't in any of the recent nightly builds I played at the time, not just one. Seems pretty logical to assume they were removing them entirely and subsequently say something about it rather than assume it was temporary and be silent about it in case it actually was a permanent change and then I'd kick myself for not speaking up about it earlier.

The whole point of nightly builds is feedback. Don't get snide with me for doing just that.

16. brine909

brine909 Orbital Explorer

he didn't say everyone will start on the same world. he said starter worlds meaning multiple

17. Jonesy

Grass attending a rave party by the looks of it.

Dust likes this.
  18. Skyraider

Skyraider Void-Bound Voyager

Hopefully this "Kindergarten" will deny meteors from coming down and blowing up the surface of your planet =P
    Because that actually happened to me on a home world of one of my characters.
    I swear it waited for me to build a small house before it blasted it to pieces... Space life is hard D=

KazeSkyfox likes this.
  19. KazeSkyfox

happened to me 3 times on my own builds and twice on glitch villages where it just happened to decide to RAIN FIRE FROM THE SKY when I entered their chunk.

There has never been a greater sign that the avian god hates me than that. Joke's on him though because the feeling is apparently very mutual.

20. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

I want a garden.
    I want a garden where the flowers have no flowers.
    I want a garden where the trees have no leaves.
    I want a garden where the weeds don't even grow.
    I want a garden.
    I want
    my garden.
    I want a garden where there are no colors.
    I want to water that garden.
    I'll garden that with my tears.
    Whilst that garden busted trees,
    Busted leaves, water me with my own.

"Oh, you want kindergarten!"