August 21st - Kid strummed that guitar...

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Armagon, Aug 22, 2014.

1. lupadim

lupadim Pangalactic Porcupine

• User was warned for this post. Reason: Losing their cool. Penalty: None.
    Argh, just tell the players that Starbound won't be updated again and make us stop waiting day after day for an update

2. Phantaeon

Phantaeon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Everyones mostly excited for a sitting animation and more concerned on balancing of the gun ( which I can stand behind ). But still waiting for an enemy? That seems a really nice possiblity for a new boss. If it will be one but what would a Lunar base Boss be? The sneakpeaks of the glowing crystal. that wierd machine in that one Screenshot? Its even mentioned in the past that someone of the team ( Forgot who ) wanted to make more megaman-esque bosses by making fixed rooms. That wierd Vortex Machine could be a spawner. Could be related to the glowing purple Crystals in the area. However the main catch here is COULD.

jamstronaut likes this.
  3. linkthegamer

linkthegamer Master Astronaut

I would not put it past CF to be slipping teasers of something into the screenshots. I imagine we would have to wait for the update though to actually get to see it, they already spoiled that one mining based boss thing.

And I might see if I can find anything on the megaman style boss rooms, I do recall that especially since people felt it was too easy to outsmart the bosses with some quick building.

jamstronaut likes this.
  4. Phantaeon

I've done some slightly more connecting and with the Matter Manipulater being the only needed tool they might remove the other mining tools since they dont really fit in. The Black hole thingy may be causing a disturbance in your manipulater making it unusable so you cant mine moonstone or place blocks. And the Room with the Black Hole-Thingy Seems quite spacious and has 2 platforms which seems like a pretty basic boss room. Still. only speculation.

5. linkthegamer

I do wonder if the picks/drills will be removed or kept as an alternate progression path. The speculation sounds a tad more intensive then what I would expect them to do but trying to piece together things like this is a fun distraction none the less.

6. Phantaeon

It keeps us going. Unlike this message :
    Honestly. Its not a bad thing. I like getting this bit by bit. It keeps me informed and there can be really great topics. Also Puppy is nice to hear about especially if you're a dog person( Like me ). Also now I'm still wondering what she was called.

Although people find it unlikely to throw away something trusted. It might be that you can just get a basic axe and pickaxe and no diamond/copper/gold one and that the stone one just can't mine Moonstone similarly to how theres that you need a Diamodn pick to mine Rubium or lower in the nightlies.

7. KazeSkyfox

KazeSkyfox Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Are you still planning on letting people free play the instruments or are we always gonna need to compose it? Because I was looking forward to some by-ear stuff, I don't do well with composing at all and I wanna show off on servers - you know, without whistling into the mic and getting banned from TS...

8. Type1Ninja

Type1Ninja Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

She's called Rosie. :)

9. lupadim

lupadim Pangalactic Porcupine

So I get warned for mentioning in the forum that the update is taking too long.

Great, thanks for finally telling me that I should never buy any other games made by Chucklefish again. Oh, and don't forget to warn me for this post, and maybe ban me, I don't even care.

10. Lando_Stay_Beatin

Lando_Stay_Beatin Void-Bound Voyager

My knees are leaking with anticipation!

11. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Let's have a look at the post in question.

Reading this, I can see you want the next update. Perfectly understandable. But accusing the developers of lying? Insinuating that the game won't be updated again? That's simply untrue on both counts. The very reason they are doing these news items are to show what work they are doing in preparation for the next update.

Now, as far as warnings go, I personally don't think your post is worth an infraction point. I've deleted the point, but I ask that you still take heed of the warning.

linkthegamer likes this.
  12. BrakSampson

BrakSampson Big Damn Hero

Can we get an estimate on when the next stable update will be available, please?

13. linkthegamer

Unlikely, They have noted they don't wish to give one several times, Best we are going to get is likely an announcement close to release like happened with the beta.

Tiy and co. are to afraid if the give a date then have to postpone for some reason they will anger the community even more then if they just work on the patch till it is where they want ti to be. It's sad it is that way.

14. jamstronaut

jamstronaut Poptop Tamer

I'm usually a very patient person, but more and more often, deep inside my secret heart, I find myself unwillingly agreeing with these people who are angry and indignant concerning the lack of a new, non-nightly, stable update, or at least news of an upcoming one. I love this game. I am able to play the nightlies but after a good while I just went back to the stable version. I know you guys are doing all you can, but maybe you could consider for a moment if there is any possible way to get a new stable update, (or a date for one) even if it's not final? I think this would make a lot of people happy and help everyone, who can't or don't play the nightlies, to be held over for a while longer. Thank you for listening if you read this. And even if you consider this I greatly appreciate it. I'm sorry for kinda speaking for people that don't share my opinion. I know I'm not speaking for everyone. But I don't think I'm the only one either. Thanks!

BrakSampson likes this.
  15. linkthegamer

I would likely imagine there will be no update before the big one, Mainly due to some people likely expecting something really big after this wait. I do wish they could, It would help and let them continue more of their systems overhaul without starting to annoy users. As for the date they likely will do nothing more then announce when they are trying everything together do to having a bad history with the community and missing their release dates.

I really do think it would be nice to have an update or a date but I worry that it would not bod to well. Not even counting people bickering about how an interim update is just to give them another 6 months or something it would likely take away from the "whole new game" feel they are trying to redeem themselves with in the big patch. I do hope this pays off for them though.

But I can't blame people for being impatient.

jamstronaut likes this.
  16. jamstronaut

jamstronaut Poptop Tamer

Yeah, you're right. Thanks for not blowing up on me lol I was kind of expecting someone to do that, though I was pretty sure I covered all my bases concerning being respectful, well meaning, and not putting words in people's mouths. Thanks though man. My patience has been renewed haha. Love you starbound guys! Love the game and I can't wait!

linkthegamer likes this.
  17. dragonnest88

dragonnest88 Space Hobo

《DNfires》Private server, LV80, the characters has 7 classes . We did reasonable settings, you will have the best experience while playing game. Otherwise, it has good speeds all over the world.

18. Vuldreg

Vuldreg Cosmic Narwhal

The official Novakids are really starting to look good, Also is that a new tree type the Novakid is next too? I've never noticed a tree with that type of trunk before.

19. BotanicalCode

BotanicalCode Subatomic Cosmonaut

Sweet picture.