August 19 - The day when all your mods died.

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by OmnipotentEntity, Aug 20, 2014.

1. jpmrocks

jpmrocks Phantasmal Quasar

Looks like alphabet soup, but without the soup...

2. Noranum

Noranum Phantasmal Quasar

I'm sorry to ask stupid questions, I only want to understand how and why things are going. At least I would like to play this game the way I like, if possible. Of course I could whine and say "I hate you all!" and run out, but that's not very helpful. So I ask questions. And I'm glad that people answer them.

3. Type1Ninja

Type1Ninja Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Answering questions is fun. It makes me feel mature and useful. :D

4. curiouslyExistential

curiouslyExistential Phantasmal Quasar

I'm trying to edit the default treasure pools, but I really can't seem to figure out how it works with this new system.
    My current patch file:

default.treasurepools.patch

Code:
    [
      { "op" : "add", "path" : "/starterTreasure/0/0-", "value" : [["accordian",1],["acousticguitar",1],["banjo",1],["bassguitar",1],["bones",1],["brightpiano",1],["clarinet",1],["drumkit",1],["dulcimer",1],["electricbass",1],["flute",1],["harmonica",1],["harp",1],["keyboard",1],["koto",1],["leadguitar",1],["microphone",1],["musicbox",1],["nylonguitar",1],["oboe",1],["ocarina",1],["overdriveguitar",1],["piano",1],["reedorgan",1],["rockorgan",1],["saxophone",1],["steeldrum",1],["trumpet",1],["violin",1]]},
      { "op" : "add", "path" : "/avianStarterTreasure/0/0-", "value" : [["accordian",1],["acousticguitar",1],["banjo",1],["bassguitar",1],["bones",1],["brightpiano",1],["clarinet",1],["drumkit",1],["dulcimer",1],["electricbass",1],["flute",1],["harmonica",1],["harp",1],["keyboard",1],["koto",1],["leadguitar",1],["microphone",1],["musicbox",1],["nylonguitar",1],["oboe",1],["ocarina",1],["overdriveguitar",1],["piano",1],["reedorgan",1],["rockorgan",1],["saxophone",1],["steeldrum",1],["trumpet",1],["violin",1]]},
      { "op" : "add", "path" : "/apexStarterTreasure/0/0-", "value" : [["accordian",1],["acousticguitar",1],["banjo",1],["bassguitar",1],["bones",1],["brightpiano",1],["clarinet",1],["drumkit",1],["dulcimer",1],["electricbass",1],["flute",1],["harmonica",1],["harp",1],["keyboard",1],["koto",1],["leadguitar",1],["microphone",1],["musicbox",1],["nylonguitar",1],["oboe",1],["ocarina",1],["overdriveguitar",1],["piano",1],["reedorgan",1],["rockorgan",1],["saxophone",1],["steeldrum",1],["trumpet",1],["violin",1]]},
      { "op" : "add", "path" : "/humanStarterTreasure/0/0-", "value" : [["accordian",1],["acousticguitar",1],["banjo",1],["bassguitar",1],["bones",1],["brightpiano",1],["clarinet",1],["drumkit",1],["dulcimer",1],["electricbass",1],["flute",1],["harmonica",1],["harp",1],["keyboard",1],["koto",1],["leadguitar",1],["microphone",1],["musicbox",1],["nylonguitar",1],["oboe",1],["ocarina",1],["overdriveguitar",1],["piano",1],["reedorgan",1],["rockorgan",1],["saxophone",1],["steeldrum",1],["trumpet",1],["violin",1]]},
      { "op" : "add", "path" : "/glitchStarterTreasure/0/0-", "value" : [["accordian",1],["acousticguitar",1],["banjo",1],["bassguitar",1],["bones",1],["brightpiano",1],["clarinet",1],["drumkit",1],["dulcimer",1],["electricbass",1],["flute",1],["harmonica",1],["harp",1],["keyboard",1],["koto",1],["leadguitar",1],["microphone",1],["musicbox",1],["nylonguitar",1],["oboe",1],["ocarina",1],["overdriveguitar",1],["piano",1],["reedorgan",1],["rockorgan",1],["saxophone",1],["steeldrum",1],["trumpet",1],["violin",1]]},
      { "op" : "add", "path" : "/hylotlStarterTreasure/0/0-", "value" : [["accordian",1],["acousticguitar",1],["banjo",1],["bassguitar",1],["bones",1],["brightpiano",1],["clarinet",1],["drumkit",1],["dulcimer",1],["electricbass",1],["flute",1],["harmonica",1],["harp",1],["keyboard",1],["koto",1],["leadguitar",1],["microphone",1],["musicbox",1],["nylonguitar",1],["oboe",1],["ocarina",1],["overdriveguitar",1],["piano",1],["reedorgan",1],["rockorgan",1],["saxophone",1],["steeldrum",1],["trumpet",1],["violin",1]]},
      { "op" : "add", "path" : "/floranStarterTreasure/0/0-", "value" : [["accordian",1],["acousticguitar",1],["banjo",1],["bassguitar",1],["bones",1],["brightpiano",1],["clarinet",1],["drumkit",1],["dulcimer",1],["electricbass",1],["flute",1],["harmonica",1],["harp",1],["keyboard",1],["koto",1],["leadguitar",1],["microphone",1],["musicbox",1],["nylonguitar",1],["oboe",1],["ocarina",1],["overdriveguitar",1],["piano",1],["reedorgan",1],["rockorgan",1],["saxophone",1],["steeldrum",1],["trumpet",1],["violin",1]]}
    ]
    Which results in a json parse error. I tried earlier to just full-on replace it, but I feel like this is in bad form. Besides, it didn't even work anyway. The json was parsed correctly, but during generation it just hangs and then eventually crashes my game. The logs indicate nothing beyond this:

Error: Access violation detected at 0x95003b (Write of address 0x8)

Here's the patch file which results in that effect:

Code:
    [
      { "op" : "replace", "path" : "/starterTreasure/0", "value" : [0,{"fill":["flashlight",["wheatseed",6],["coalore",3],["generatedgun",1,{"definition":"commonassaultrifle"}],["generatedsword",1,{"definition":"crappybroadsword"}],["accordian",1],["acousticguitar",1],["banjo",1],["bassguitar",1],["bones",1],["brightpiano",1],["clarinet",1],["drumkit",1],["dulcimer",1],["electricbass",1],["flute",1],["harmonica",1],["harp",1],["keyboard",1],["koto",1],["leadguitar",1],["microphone",1],["musicbox",1],["nylonguitar",1],["oboe",1],["ocarina",1],["overdriveguitar",1],["piano",1],["reedorgan",1],["rockorgan",1],["saxophone",1],["steeldrum",1],["trumpet",1],["violin",1]],"levelVariance":[0,0],"allowDuplication":false}]},
      { "op" : "replace", "path" : "/avianStarterTreasure/0", "value" : [0,{"fill":["flashlight",["torch",10],["wheatseed",6],["avianstarter",1],["accordian",1],["acousticguitar",1],["banjo",1],["bassguitar",1],["bones",1],["brightpiano",1],["clarinet",1],["drumkit",1],["dulcimer",1],["electricbass",1],["flute",1],["harmonica",1],["harp",1],["keyboard",1],["koto",1],["leadguitar",1],["microphone",1],["musicbox",1],["nylonguitar",1],["oboe",1],["ocarina",1],["overdriveguitar",1],["piano",1],["reedorgan",1],["rockorgan",1],["saxophone",1],["steeldrum",1],["trumpet",1],["violin",1]],"levelVariance":[0,0],"allowDuplication":false}]},
      { "op" : "replace", "path" : "/apexStarterTreasure/0", "value" : [0,{"fill":["flashlight",["torch",10],["wheatseed",6],["apexstarter",1],["accordian",1],["acousticguitar",1],["banjo",1],["bassguitar",1],["bones",1],["brightpiano",1],["clarinet",1],["drumkit",1],["dulcimer",1],["electricbass",1],["flute",1],["harmonica",1],["harp",1],["keyboard",1],["koto",1],["leadguitar",1],["microphone",1],["musicbox",1],["nylonguitar",1],["oboe",1],["ocarina",1],["overdriveguitar",1],["piano",1],["reedorgan",1],["rockorgan",1],["saxophone",1],["steeldrum",1],["trumpet",1],["violin",1]],"levelVariance":[0,0],"allowDuplication":false}]},
      { "op" : "replace", "path" : "/humanStarterTreasure/0", "value" : [0,{"fill":["flashlight",["torch",10],["wheatseed",6],["humanstarter",1],["accordian",1],["acousticguitar",1],["banjo",1],["bassguitar",1],["bones",1],["brightpiano",1],["clarinet",1],["drumkit",1],["dulcimer",1],["electricbass",1],["flute",1],["harmonica",1],["harp",1],["keyboard",1],["koto",1],["leadguitar",1],["microphone",1],["musicbox",1],["nylonguitar",1],["oboe",1],["ocarina",1],["overdriveguitar",1],["piano",1],["reedorgan",1],["rockorgan",1],["saxophone",1],["steeldrum",1],["trumpet",1],["violin",1]],"levelVariance":[0,0],"allowDuplication":false}]},
      { "op" : "replace", "path" : "/glitchStarterTreasure/0", "value" : [0,{"fill":["flashlight",["torch",10],["wheatseed",6],["glitchstarter",1],["accordian",1],["acousticguitar",1],["banjo",1],["bassguitar",1],["bones",1],["brightpiano",1],["clarinet",1],["drumkit",1],["dulcimer",1],["electricbass",1],["flute",1],["harmonica",1],["harp",1],["keyboard",1],["koto",1],["leadguitar",1],["microphone",1],["musicbox",1],["nylonguitar",1],["oboe",1],["ocarina",1],["overdriveguitar",1],["piano",1],["reedorgan",1],["rockorgan",1],["saxophone",1],["steeldrum",1],["trumpet",1],["violin",1]],"levelVariance":[0,0],"allowDuplication":false}]},
      { "op" : "replace", "path" : "/hylotlStarterTreasure/0", "value" : [0,{"fill":["flashlight",["torch",10],["wheatseed",6],["hylotlstarter",1],["accordian",1],["acousticguitar",1],["banjo",1],["bassguitar",1],["bones",1],["brightpiano",1],["clarinet",1],["drumkit",1],["dulcimer",1],["electricbass",1],["flute",1],["harmonica",1],["harp",1],["keyboard",1],["koto",1],["leadguitar",1],["microphone",1],["musicbox",1],["nylonguitar",1],["oboe",1],["ocarina",1],["overdriveguitar",1],["piano",1],["reedorgan",1],["rockorgan",1],["saxophone",1],["steeldrum",1],["trumpet",1],["violin",1]],"levelVariance":[0,0],"allowDuplication":false}]},
      { "op" : "replace", "path" : "/floranStarterTreasure/0", "value" : [0,{"fill":["flashlight",["torch",10],["wheatseed",6],["floranstarter",1],["accordian",1],["acousticguitar",1],["banjo",1],["bassguitar",1],["bones",1],["brightpiano",1],["clarinet",1],["drumkit",1],["dulcimer",1],["electricbass",1],["flute",1],["harmonica",1],["harp",1],["keyboard",1],["koto",1],["leadguitar",1],["microphone",1],["musicbox",1],["nylonguitar",1],["oboe",1],["ocarina",1],["overdriveguitar",1],["piano",1],["reedorgan",1],["rockorgan",1],["saxophone",1],["steeldrum",1],["trumpet",1],["violin",1]],"levelVariance":[0,0],"allowDuplication":false}]}
    ]

I'm stumped.

5. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

It's "/avianStarterTreasure/0/0-". That's not valid. /0/1/fill/- would be valid, but doesn't react the right way. /0/1/fill without a /- straight-up replaces everything. So how do we fix this? I'm afraid the answer involves a lot of copypasting:
    Code:
    [
      { "op": "add", "path": "/starterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": [ "accordian", 1 ] },
      { "op": "add", "path": "/starterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": [ "acousticguitar", 1 ] },
      { "op": "add", "path": "/starterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": [ "banjo", 1 ] },
      { "op": "add", "path": "/starterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": [ "bassguitar", 1 ] },
      { "op": "add", "path": "/starterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": [ "bones", 1 ] },
      { "op": "add", "path": "/starterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": [ "brightpiano", 1 ] },
      { "op": "add", "path": "/starterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": [ "clarinet", 1 ] },
      { "op": "add", "path": "/starterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": [ "drumkit", 1 ] }
      //etc.
    ]

curiouslyExistential likes this.
  6. curiouslyExistential

Shit the bed that's going to take a lot of entries.
    Oh well, at least it's actually possible with this system. Under normal circumstances, I wouldn't expect many people needing to add as many things to the default treasure pool as I am.

Edit: I've tried your suggestion, but now I'm back at that strange behavior I mentioned before. Where it simply hangs on creation and then crashes.

Info: UniverseServer: Client 'Dewwale' <1> (Fifo <0x1201dbd8>) connected
    Info: Renderer initialized
    Info: UniverseServer: Shutting down world CelestialWorld: 34077198:48747465:-19166603:4:2 due to inactivity
    Error: Access violation detected at 0x95003b (Write of address 0x8)
    Info: Renderer destroyed
    Info: UniverseClient: Client disconnecting...
    Info: Client received world stop packet, leaving: Removed
    Info: UniverseServer: Client 'Dewwale' <1> (Fifo <0x1201dbd8>) disconnected

There's nothing in the log that indicates what went wrong. Nothing that I can seem to fix myself, that is. But for completeness sake, here's my patch file.

default.treasurepools.patch
    Code:
    [
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/starterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["accordian", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/starterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["acousticguitar", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/starterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["banjo", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/starterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["brassguitar", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/starterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["bones", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/starterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["brightpiano", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/starterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["drumkit", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/starterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["dulcimer", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/starterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["electricbass", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/starterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["flute", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/starterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["harmonica", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/starterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["harp", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/starterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["keyboard", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/starterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["koto", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/starterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["leadguitar", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/starterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["microphone", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/starterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["musicbox", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/starterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["nylonguitar", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/starterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["oboe", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/starterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["ocarina", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/starterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["overdriveguitar", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/starterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["piano", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/starterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["reedorgan", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/starterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["rockorgan", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/starterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["saxophone", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/starterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["steeldrum", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/starterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["trumpet", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/starterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["violin", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/avianStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["accordian", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/avianStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["acousticguitar", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/avianStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["banjo", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/avianStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["brassguitar", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/avianStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["bones", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/avianStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["brightpiano", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/avianStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["drumkit", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/avianStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["dulcimer", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/avianStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["electricbass", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/avianStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["flute", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/avianStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["harmonica", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/avianStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["harp", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/avianStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["keyboard", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/avianStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["koto", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/avianStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["leadguitar", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/avianStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["microphone", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/avianStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["musicbox", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/avianStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["nylonguitar", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/avianStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["oboe", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/avianStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["ocarina", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/avianStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["overdriveguitar", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/avianStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["piano", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/avianStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["reedorgan", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/avianStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["rockorgan", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/avianStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["saxophone", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/avianStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["steeldrum", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/avianStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["trumpet", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/avianStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["violin", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/apexStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["accordian", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/apexStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["acousticguitar", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/apexStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["banjo", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/apexStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["brassguitar", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/apexStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["bones", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/apexStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["brightpiano", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/apexStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["drumkit", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/apexStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["dulcimer", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/apexStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["electricbass", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/apexStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["flute", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/apexStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["harmonica", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/apexStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["harp", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/apexStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["keyboard", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/apexStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["koto", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/apexStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["leadguitar", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/apexStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["microphone", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/apexStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["musicbox", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/apexStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["nylonguitar", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/apexStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["oboe", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/apexStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["ocarina", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/apexStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["overdriveguitar", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/apexStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["piano", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/apexStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["reedorgan", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/apexStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["rockorgan", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/apexStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["saxophone", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/apexStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["steeldrum", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/apexStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["trumpet", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/apexStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["violin", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/humanStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["accordian", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/humanStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["acousticguitar", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/humanStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["banjo", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/humanStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["brassguitar", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/humanStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["bones", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/humanStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["brightpiano", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/humanStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["drumkit", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/humanStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["dulcimer", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/humanStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["electricbass", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/humanStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["flute", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/humanStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["harmonica", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/humanStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["harp", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/humanStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["keyboard", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/humanStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["koto", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/humanStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["leadguitar", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/humanStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["microphone", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/humanStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["musicbox", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/humanStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["nylonguitar", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/humanStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["oboe", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/humanStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["ocarina", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/humanStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["overdriveguitar", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/humanStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["piano", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/humanStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["reedorgan", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/humanStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["rockorgan", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/humanStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["saxophone", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/humanStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["steeldrum", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/humanStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["trumpet", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/humanStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["violin", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/glitchStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["accordian", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/glitchStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["acousticguitar", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/glitchStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["banjo", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/glitchStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["brassguitar", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/glitchStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["bones", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/glitchStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["brightpiano", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/glitchStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["drumkit", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/glitchStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["dulcimer", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/glitchStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["electricbass", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/glitchStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["flute", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/glitchStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["harmonica", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/glitchStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["harp", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/glitchStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["keyboard", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/glitchStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["koto", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/glitchStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["leadguitar", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/glitchStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["microphone", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/glitchStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["musicbox", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/glitchStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["nylonguitar", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/glitchStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["oboe", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/glitchStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["ocarina", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/glitchStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["overdriveguitar", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/glitchStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["piano", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/glitchStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["reedorgan", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/glitchStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["rockorgan", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/glitchStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["saxophone", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/glitchStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["steeldrum", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/glitchStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["trumpet", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/glitchStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["violin", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/hylotlStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["accordian", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/hylotlStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["acousticguitar", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/hylotlStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["banjo", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/hylotlStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["brassguitar", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/hylotlStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["bones", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/hylotlStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["brightpiano", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/hylotlStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["drumkit", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/hylotlStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["dulcimer", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/hylotlStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["electricbass", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/hylotlStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["flute", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/hylotlStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["harmonica", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/hylotlStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["harp", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/hylotlStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["keyboard", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/hylotlStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["koto", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/hylotlStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["leadguitar", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/hylotlStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["microphone", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/hylotlStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["musicbox", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/hylotlStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["nylonguitar", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/hylotlStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["oboe", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/hylotlStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["ocarina", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/hylotlStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["overdriveguitar", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/hylotlStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["piano", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/hylotlStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["reedorgan", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/hylotlStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["rockorgan", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/hylotlStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["saxophone", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/hylotlStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["steeldrum", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/hylotlStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["trumpet", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/hylotlStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["violin", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/floranStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["accordian", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/floranStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["acousticguitar", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/floranStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["banjo", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/floranStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["brassguitar", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/floranStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["bones", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/floranStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["brightpiano", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/floranStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["drumkit", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/floranStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["dulcimer", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/floranStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["electricbass", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/floranStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["flute", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/floranStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["harmonica", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/floranStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["harp", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/floranStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["keyboard", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/floranStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["koto", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/floranStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["leadguitar", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/floranStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["microphone", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/floranStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["musicbox", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/floranStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["nylonguitar", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/floranStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["oboe", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/floranStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["ocarina", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/floranStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["overdriveguitar", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/floranStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["piano", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/floranStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["reedorgan", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/floranStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["rockorgan", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/floranStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["saxophone", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/floranStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["steeldrum", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/floranStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["trumpet", 1]},
      { "op" : "add", "path": "/floranStarterTreasure/0/1/fill/-", "value": ["violin", 1]}
    ]

Last edited: Aug 22, 2014
  7. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

1. At least one of the instruments is misspelled -- "accordion", for example. This one might be the problem.
    2. If it's just the one, you can just do "value": "piano" -- like the flashlight. This probably isn't the problem.

curiouslyExistential likes this.
  8. curiouslyExistential

This solved the issue. Two misspelled items.
    Strange. I thought that the engine replaced undefined items with perfectly generic objects? That is what used to happen in the old merge system, when I messed something up.

9. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

@OmnipotentEntity, take note :D

10. GorunNova

GorunNova Pangalactic Porcupine

... that site is a (censored) godsend. This link = basically answered all my questions as far as stranger patch options and how to handle convoluted in-array modifications. It should be stickied or something. <_<

11. OmnipotentEntity

OmnipotentEntity Code Monkey Forum Administrator

Huh...

@curiouslyExistential, can you do me a favor and pastebin that file and the modinfo file and I'll take a look at it? It absolutely should not be segfaulting.

12. starboundish

starboundish Phantasmal Quasar

Good to see this coming into effect. However I will wait til it hits stable before I patch my one mod (I don't use nightlies yet and who knows what future possibilities could come up).

13. Acewonder

Acewonder Guest

Damn, this isn't at all good for the modding community as of current. Here's to hoping everyone can convert their files safely without breaking them. And hey now we're moving away from the merge system, hopefully we can get a bit more adventurous with modding!

14. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

Yeah well, modders are like "Z0MG A UPDATE COMING IN A MILLION YEARS QUICKLY CODE ALL THE STUFF AGAIN BLAHBLAAAHHHB; JABALHJDG;FOH"
    I dun get it :L

15. curiouslyExistential

16. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Because once the patch hits, I guarantee within 5 minutes of the patch going live, each modder will have like 20 ratings of the effect of:

"OMFG patch has been out 6 minutes now, why havn't you updated!?!?!!!111111, THIS MOD SUCKS" - 1/5 stars

If you still havn't got it fixed within 10 minutes, you then start getting e-mails to the effect of:

"Hey dude, I like fixed your mod for you... probably. Here's my modifications, now credit me as the mods creator since I changed a file for you uninvited and you never used my change anyway"
    And woe betide you don't update within 15 minutes, because then the mod upload page starts to look like this:

Avali 1.1 - Ded mod revived edition
    Avali - Unofficial version
    Notavali - New race based on Avali as author has obviously abandoned it
    Avali 2 - Now with fix for new version as creator has quit
    Avali fix - Official version (I once spoke to the creator so he's ok with me taking it over)

#sarcasm

Kawa likes this.
  17. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

@RyuujinZERO: and that is why I had the felins ready for this weeks ago.

Edit: what if one were to release the new mod update the day before Stable is updated?

18. ThaOneDon

ThaOneDon Parsec Taste Tester

Well S3r1ous Mods will be dead for a while after this comes to stable.
    :facepalm:

I guess thats progress, its going to hurt.

G.Xyon likes this.
  19. C0bra5

C0bra5 Oxygen Tank

has anyone come up whit a script to translate the files? i happen to have a 1500+lines file that needs to be patched... i guess that sleeping is not an option if i want to finish this thing for the next update the update.

20. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

> Implying stable is ever going to be updated

;)