August 11 - Documentation again

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by OmnipotentEntity, Aug 12, 2014.

1. BloodyFingers

BloodyFingers The End of Time

@Kawa

All I took from that is that my worst fears came true:

we'll actually be piloting Thomas the Tank Engine...

Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
    Kawa likes this.
  2. Zylann

Zylann Intergalactic Tourist

Wow. That documentation is now my favourite book.

3. OmnipotentEntity

OmnipotentEntity Code Monkey Forum Administrator

Hey guys, I updated the documentation a bit. Was using doxygen 1.8.1.2 because that's what comes with debian stable.

Now I'm using 1.8.7 because 1.8.1.2 didn't understand enum classes and omitted all of the happiness therein. Now you can actually see the contents of 99% of our enums (yay).

4. thunderskull833

thunderskull833 Orbital Explorer

honestly this is great and all but i want a update on saying when the next update is please

DO A UPDATE SAYING WHEN THE NEXT UPDATE WITH THE NOVAKIDS AND PETS sorry with the caps im just angry that the update hasnt came

i dont think your supposed to understand :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2014
  5. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Merged your triple-post. Please use your edit button instead of stacking posts together. All-caps are also frowned upon.

6. Titanium

Titanium Existential Complex

i'm surprised there aren't more people complaining about the lack of the arbitrary "daily update"

7. Telgardrakore

Telgardrakore Void-Bound Voyager

Being that Im currently taking classes on C++, this code is both incredibly confusing for me and also making me incredibly giddy that I understand parts of it.

Titanium likes this.
  8. Lintton

Lintton Guest

Sadly not everything is pictures and animations. A lot of the work involves staring at code sussing out where you forgot that semicolon, or going to meetings and interviews, and there is just no way to make troubleshooting look fun. I think a lot of the folk realize that.

I have to admit though I've also been checking that news page like Pavlov's dog, waiting for more info.

Titanium likes this.
  9. Type1Ninja

Type1Ninja Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

That happens to me a lot. I know a bit of java. :)

10. thunderskull833

thunderskull833 Orbital Explorer

ok

11. The Doctor

The Doctor Pangalactic Porcupine

Just curious if anyone has a solution to the frame rate lag/memory leaks I have been experiencing at about the 1 hour to 1.5 hour mark of playtime in game on the nightlies. not really complaining because honestly it just forces me out of annoyance to take 10-20 minute breaks between sessions, which is healthy for me, plus nightlies are considered alpha 2 so memory leaks are expected. but still a solution would be nice, i like to play 3 hour sessions more than 1.5 hour ones.