Assign Quests to NPCs!

Discussion in 'Other' started by Madmarlon, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Madmarlon

Madmarlon Pangalactic Porcupine

I thougt about the idea to assign quests to NPCs! As there will probably be a lot of different ones, some friendly, some evil, some are fighters, some miners, or merchants. And you would have to aproach them differently and tell them what you want. And they would all react differently. here some examples:
    Talking to a friendly farmer: -Hi, would you farm some food for me on my planet, if I give you some farmland?
    -Of course, young man!

Talking to a greedy scientist: -Hi, would you analyse the creatures on this planet for me?
    -Maybe, but it will cost you a lot of Money!

Talking to a harsh Space Pirate: -Hi, would you and your crew secure this hostile planet for me?
    -Fine, but we will loot everything we find on our way, you Landlubber!

I'm not only talking about simple stuff like, "follow me" or "build this and that", but more like "go to planet xyz and talk to xyz" or "visit area xyz and beat all the hostile xyz" so it would be like a real quest!
    Some NPC would require some special requirements to acknowledge you, like to ask a warrior for help, you would have to beat him first, or to hire some mercenaries, you would have to own a large amount of money. So, what do you think?