1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Asleep at the wheel (not literally...)

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by FancyChicken, Jan 13, 2017.

1. FancyChicken

FancyChicken Void-Bound Voyager

I didn't really know where to post this but when it happened, I knew I had to post somewhere. Before I begin I want to say that I have a total of 219 mods installed, a lot of them are very minor with the major mods being Frackin' Universe and a handful of Avali themed mods, everything is tested compatible with each other (that I and the community currently know of). It's highly possible what I experienced is indeed a bug, however if it turns out this was on the client's end and not from a mod I suggest keeping it for the sake of immersion

I was up late last night mapping my way through planets around my home planet, as I was going to a frozen planet I started getting tired so I figured I could go fire up the warp drive now and turn my game off. After my nap I come back and notice that my ship arrived at a lush planet. Checked the solar system, nowhere near my home planet. I have effectively fallen asleep at the wheel and let my ship fly adrift, far away from home.

Before I even clued in on it possibly being a bug I thought it was legit part of the game, a little easter egg to remind you not to start flying to a planet and then leave the game.

2. tehcavy

tehcavy Ketchup Robot

Basically, game bounces you to random starting planet every time your ship is at invalid coordinates (say, deleted universe folder or somehow tried to warp to nonexisting coordinates). In this case, you exited - and thus saved - your game mid flight, which messed up your position.

The MechE and lazarus78 like this.
  3. FancyChicken

FancyChicken Void-Bound Voyager

I figured that was probably the case, honestly I still like it for immersion's sake. Wonder if it ever gets a fix the devs could instead make it so that it warps you to any random planet and not just a lush starter

4. tehcavy

tehcavy Ketchup Robot

You see, save corruptions don't really care where in the game you are. And if you will, say, get warped to a Magma planet before you even get the FTL to work? Yeah, it's pretty much it for your char. Hence warping to Lush planets only (as well as every bloody Lush planet having almost indentical composition of "gateway on one side of the planet, mine on the other, well, if you're lucky also microbiome someplace").