1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

#Armor #Armor Contest - Story

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Gadgetguy, Jun 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alvin Flummox

Alvin Flummox Existential Complex

The point is that June only has 30 days.... There is not such thing as the 31st June!

2. Camz

Camz Existential Complex

ooops! school boy error! gadgetguy wrote this thread i will inform him to correct it.

ooops! theres only 30 days in june, my bads!

3. Vizendel

Vizendel Pangalactic Porcupine

Well, seeing as how 2000 is my maximum word count, I’ll try to keep it under that.

In the realm of Euresia, a place of magical monstrosities large and small lay many treasures, some greater than others, some so powerful that even a mere glimpse will torch the eyes of a mortal and rend their mind from their body.
    There is one treasure that is particularly coveted, however, a simple piece of chainmail, unremarkable in appearance, though its story is one of horror and majesty, indestructible in make and priceless beyond imagining: The Myticor Mail, personally created by deserter of the throne of Euresia, and unsurprisingly, its fifth heir; Ar’Tury Arcadas Myticor.
    The suit of chainmail is made from Euresian steel, enchanted by the unholy powers of Ar’Tury himself, it has never stayed in the hands of one mortal for long, many being murdered over even the prospect of owning the suit of mail. The Myticor Mail is cursed beyond imagining, though it gives nigh immortality and indestructibility to those who don it, they are also morphed slowly into a necromantic horror, becoming slave to the horrible thoughts that swim around inside the mail, amongst the paranoia and psychosis, their flesh decaying and falling off in long, rotting strips, their bones growing old and weak, agony spreading throughout their entire being though said agony is what keeps the undead monstrosity awake during their existence.
    Should anyone don the suit of mail without any sort of proper precautions or affiliation to the dark magics that protect it, they too will succumb to the dementia and maddening voices and thoughts that fills their minds, though without the precautions or dark magic, they are unable to keep themselves in a state of existence, and simply disintegrate, their flesh rotting off as their bones turn to ash.

The history behind the much-feared Myticor Mail started in the royal court of Euresia, Ar’Tury, known back then as Arcadas Myticor the fifth had commissioned his personal forge master, and close friend Mutas-Epedes to create him a light chainmail whose chains were interlocked tightly, but freely. Such a design was difficult to make and competent smiths themselves were few and far in-between and one who would even bother making such a complex piece of armour that did indeed allow free movement was rarer still, as it was an incredibly long and particularly painful experience, as whilst Euresian steel was indeed malleable, it was only so when bent by living tissue, as with all things in Euresia, the steel was magical and strange aswell.
    Though Mutas was ever faithful to his friend and started work immediately, he had doubts, and as such the finished product after many months of agonizing labour was not perfect, though Ar’Tury was no master smith and as such did not know, or much care. With a carefree swing of his fist Ar’Tury wrenched Mutas away from consciousness, and hauled his body towards the forge.

Ar’Tury allowed himself a ghost of a smile as he went about securing Mutas’ arms and legs onto the cross, thinking about all the horrible things capable of doing to his old friend. “Oh, old friend how I wish this was possible to do without you, but I’ll need to sacrifice you for what I am doing, and killing someone else just doesn’t feel right.” he cackled to himself quietly. With a wave of his hand and a well-placed growl a wave of darkness crashed violently into the cross, shredding the wood into tiny splinters unrecognizable by the naked eye. Though the first wave of darkness was harmless to living tissue, the horrible cracking sounds of the wood woke Mutas with a whimper, Ar’Tury having been watching him intently for the past few seconds waiting for the moment he would wake flicked his hand once again, sending a smaller though far more dense wave towards Mutas. The wave of living, writhing shadows tore into one of the arms of Mutas, tearing it from its socket with a spurt of blood and a blood-curdling scream from its previous owner.
    Ar’Tury stifled a sadistic giggle at this, which drew Mutas’ attention. “Why?..” he murmured, more to himself than his old friend. “Well,” came the reply “You see, Mutas, you created the chain, so I must both protect its existence, and it needs your soul, and with that your mind for me to bring it to its full potential.” With that Ar’Tury turned silent and closed his eyes, imagining beasts so horrific that a glimpse would make a man’s mind wander for an eternity and a year.
    Bringing those thoughts into his mind he placed a finger gently on Mutas’ forehead, making the man flinch, as he transferred the horrible thoughts from himself to Mutas he simply waited for the screams. “My... My stomach! They’re gnawing on my stomach! Gods! Help me! HELP!” The screams were fruitless, obviously, as they simply made Ar’Tury giggle once more.
    Ar’Tury, having drained even his last reserves torturing Mutas to bring his screams and fears out, strode over to the nearest wall, and touching the wall with a murmur of a language spoken no longer spoken by those living, grasped a scythe glowing red with hate and power, emanating a feeling of dread and general hate for all things living around it.
    Ar’Tury giggled once more, raising the scythe over Mutas like an axe-executioner does with his quarry, then with the force of the living shadows behind it, carved off Mutas’ head cleanly, the heat that had emanated from it having cauterized the wound instantly. Ar’Tury spoke a single word and touched the chain, the writhing shadows squirming into the chains through any way possible, as though desperate to become one with the chain.

These memories, along with the memories of this that had worn the chain at one point in their lives are relived within the instant one wears the chain-suit.
    Many could argue that they price of the power is not worth the repercussions, many could argue that it is, though there is only one question that I have for you should you ever be granted the opportunity to don it. "Are you ready?"

Okay, definitely not my best work, but I am dealing with writers block and I haven't written anything fantastic in a year or two, though I do hope you like it.

MagikPigon and SkeithRei like this.
  4. Pancakes

Pancakes Pangalactic Porcupine

The Story Part to my entry: Lizard Bones!

Here's the Art Entry

Stumbling across the remains of his Starship, John Deer found himself with very few supplies on a planet he wasn't planning on visiting in the first place. No one else could possibly be around to help since all these worlds were randomly generated when first visited by players. Heck, he wasn't even sure if anyone would care about the planet he's on; there was nothing there but the wreck and him.

Darn!

His armour had taken the brunt of the damage on the emergency landing, but he still had a few cuts and bruises. As soon as he began to think of it, the pain seared like a burning wave across his body. It was only two days ago that John had begun playing Starbound, and things haven't been looking up for him. Sleepless nights spent looking for suitable gear and food... only to end up back at the beginning.

All I wanted was to travel the stars...

The very first planet he was on turned out to be very hostile indeed. His battery was drained much too fast with his panicky button-mashing, and he probably would have died if it weren't for that empty temple he had found... And the creatures. Oh boy, those creatures!

Wait. That's it!

He flung open his bag, rummaging for- aha! - the teleporter!

For the love of Venus!!

The device had also taken a beating. Just from the looks of it there was no way it could possibly work now!
    He chucked the device back into the bag and looked around. Still, nothing but him and the wreck...
    Picking a direction, he wasted no further time pondering his troubles and set out to find a way to get off the planet, or at least find supplies. One step forward made him realize a deep gash in his leg.

If I don't get off this planet soon, I'm done for! I hope there aren't any creatures around.

Luckily for him, there was very little in the way of formations; just sand, rocks, and a few dead brushes dotting the landscape. That, and a strange red glow in the distance. Strange because it was the middle of the day as the twin suns in the sky clearly showed.

What am I trying to tie this glow to? Something about a saying involving smoke and fire... Ah, nevermind that. What could the source of the glow be, anyway?

He picked up the speed of his limping, the ground beneath him going from a sandy terrain to a grassland. Something was strange about the grass though...

It's glowing red! Everything here is glowing! Wait, what's that?

He saw it. Finally, the source of the glow, and it was just as he feared! A dead, skeletal snake-like creature had been scattered across the ground, probably by another more powerful enemy, and it had been giving off a strong red glow. John felt that the enemy creature was lying in wait somewhere nearby. Inching closer to the dead creature, he inspected it for anything that he might be able to use...

Who are you?

A recoil of fear sent the player backwards onto the ground as the skeleton he though dead raised itself and looked directly at him. It's mouth never moved as it spoke,

Don't waste my time with your petty pick-pocketing! Players like you could never possibly get far in the game that way. Once you become smarter try and find me again!

John couldn't mutter a thing, nor could he think clearly; he felt nothing but the gaze of a possible assailant. By the ice-cold shudder of his bones, John could easily guess that what floated in the red glow before him wasn't an ordinary creature.

The guy was only level 5, and from the looks of the creature he was easily outmatched. It might just spare him, or it could just as easily end his game right there on his third night of adventuring! He tried to move, but his sense failed him.

Geez, will you look at that? Can't muster the guts to say anything?! Get off of this planet if you can't handle adventuring!

John didn't respond. He didn't know how to.

What, won't move? Fine then, I'll do that for you!

It had turned mid-air and slithered away, faintly losing it's glow until it dissolved into nothingness!

John stared for a moment to register the fact that he was alone once more. Of all the things that could happen to him on a planet... John Deer shakily and very painfully got up from the ground, dusting himself off slowly before setting his gaze on a small forest not too far from where he stood. Looking more closely at his teleporter, he saw that it only needed a recharge!

Well, that's one good thing that's happened to me today!

The discovery brightened the Starbounder's mood quickly. Things might just start to look up for the level 5 player who only started not too long ago. He began his trek towards the forest in search of something that could help recharge the battery for his teleporter, and never thought to look back on the events of that day.

It would be a few more days in-game before John Deer, level 67, met Lizard Bones again.

5. civengine

civengine Big Damn Hero

The Draconic Battle Armor is very mysterious, said to be forged in the heart of a dying star using Tri-Raptor and dragon scales. It acts like normal iron armor unless in the hands of a Draconian at which point it activates its core and becomes super powerful, equivalent to Jupitanium in strength and enhances there speed, strength and mind power tenfold and the wearer becomes near invulnerable. The Sunstone in its holder is the form the Dragon scales take when in a dying star. These expensive suits of armor are custom forged by each new king.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  6. pwner53

pwner53 Over 9000!!!

Imagine This:

You have just woken up and you want to make Breakfast. You’re feeling in a bacon, pancakes, toast and eggs mood. You get all the ingredients and you make your breakfast. You eat and you eat and you eat and then you’re full. But… OH NO, there’s still food left and you wouldn’t want to waste it since you’re already low on resources. Then you get an idea, a splendid idea, a disgustingly amazingly SPLENDID idea. You get to work on it.

“Honey,” your wife says, “what are you doing?”

“Oh you’ll see, Margaret, you’ll see.” Then she walks away, quite curious about what you’re doing. A bit later you finish the first part of what you were working on, “AMAZING!” you yell. Your wife comes charging in.

“What, what is it?” she asks.

“Why, it’s what I’ve been working on all morning!” you reply.

“I know that, but what IS it?” she asks again.

“Well, you see, this morning I was eating and I got full, but I didn’t want to waste precious food, so I made THESE!” You hold up some strange looking boots.

“Okay, what’s so special about those… things?” She asks.

“These are no mere things,” you answer, “these are Toast Trousers!”

“That… is… disgusting!” she says back to you.

“No honey, Well, yes they are disgusting, but, no honey, I’m making breakfast armor and each one has special abilities! These Toast Trousers are not made of mere toast, they are made of buttered toast!” You tell her.

“Then what do those do?” she asks sarcastically.

“Well, because they are buttered toast, the butter makes you run at extreme speeds!” You answer.

“Well, I want no part in this AT ALL!” she tells you.

“Suit yourself. OH WAIT, YOU CAN'T, CAUSE I'M THE ONE MAKING THE ARMOR!” You reply, and she walks away. You continue working and a few hours later, come up with a new piece of armor, the Bacon Boots! “EUREKA!” you exclaim. Once more someone comes charging in, but it is not your wife, it’s your son.

“Dad, what’s wrong?” he asks.

“Why, nothing’s wrong!” you tell him, “it’s just, I’ve invented a new piece of breakfast armor!”

“Oh, cool!” he replies, “But, what do they do, and why do they smell delicious?”

“These, my son, are Bacon Boots, and what they do is they allow the wearer to climb up walls, using the grease on them!” you explain.

“Dad, that’s gross, and how does grease help you climb?” He asks you.

"Don't ask me, this is a video game. Grease does whatever it wants in here." You explain to him. He saunters away, shaking his head at your idea.

You continue working. A few hours later, you come up with a new piece of armor.

“AWESOME!” you yell, “It’s FANTASTIC!” But nobody comes charging in. “That’s odd.” You wonder to yourself, but you dismiss it as a something minor. “If anyone’s listening,” you scream, “this is the Pancake Protector! It allows the user to turn invisible for about 10 seconds!” you exclaim. Still nobody comes in. “Quite odd,” you mumble to yourself. Anyhow, you continue working. Now it’s 6 o’clock and you come up with the last piece of armor, “GrREAT, I think,” you yell, hoping someone comes charging in. No one does. “I’ve come up with a new piece of armor, if you want to criticize it,” you yell as loud as you can, “It’s called the Egg Head and it lets the user know how to defeat any monster and know the name of any monster and other stuff about that monster!” but still no one comes in. “Okay something’s up here.” You equip all your breakfast armor and go into the living ro- “OH MY GOD! WHAT IS THAT?” You see a scary monster thing chewing on your family’s limbs. You equip the Egg Head and discover the monster is a Poptop and it gets its nutrients by chewing on limbs. You approach it and it lashes its tongue out at you! “Well, someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed.” You try multiple times to attack it, but to no avail. “Oh, of course, I have breakfast armor.” You realize. You climb up the wall using the Bacon Boots to attack the Poptop, but fearing it might see you, you turn invisible using your Pancake Protector. “But wait, oh no, I only have 10 seconds of invisibility and the monster is much too far away for that.” Then you remember the Toast Trousers. You turn them on and run at light speed above the Poptop. “DIE!” you yell as you fall down and slash the Poptop in half! It dies and releases your family. They stand up and words start spilling out of their mouths.

“Oh honey, we’re so sorry we doubted the Breakfast Armor. It actually IS amazing even though it’s VERY disgusting!” Your wife tells you

“Yeah Dad, it’s pretty awesome and gross, it’s a win win!” Your son agrees.

“It’s okay, as long as we’re all safe, everything is all good and we won’t be needing this armor.” You tell them.

If you couldn't already tell, my armor is breakfast themed. The full armor set consists of 4 armor peices. The Bacon Boots, (footgear) The Pancake Protector, (armor) The Toast Trousers, (leggings) and the Egg Head (headgear). Each peice of armor has it's own special ability and each peice of armor is not very good armor-wise. This armor set sacrifices strength and protection for maneuverability and speed. And if you want a pun, (sort of), if you keep getting attacked, this armor will, break fast. (horrible pun)

Bacon Boots - The grease that is smothered on these boots allows the wearer to cling to and climb up walls. It has very bad armor because, well, it's bacon. But the bacon is extremely quiet.
    Pros - very quiet, wall climbing ability, light weight
    Cons - bad armor, takes health to use ability

Toast Trousers - Pretty obvious, these trousers are made of toast. But not just any toast, oh no, they are made of Buttered Toast. Because of the butter being on the inside of the trousers, the slippery butter increases the rate at which your legs move back and forth, which, in turn, increases the rate at which you run which increases your speed. Long story short, they make you run fast.
    Pros - light weight, super speed ability
    Cons - bad armor, loud and crunchy, takes health to use ability

Pancake Protector - This chestplate is very... interesting. Of course, sticking with the breakfast theme, it is made of pancakes. Once again it is light weight and quiet because it is breakfast food. But the syrup on the pancakes has a very strange ability. The syrup seems to have adapted like a chameleon to be able to change it's color to blend in with its surroundings rendering the player practically invisible for about 10 seconds.
    Pros - light weight, quiet, invisibility ability
    Cons - Bad armor, takes health to use ability

Egg Head - The Helmet knows ALL! this helmet has traveled all around the universe on other heads in search of knowledge. As a result of that, it can give you the low down on any monster you see. It can tell you if there's any special thing you need to do to kill it, it can tell you its name, it can tell you if it's harmful, it can tell you if it's passive or agressive, basically it can tell you anything about almost any monster. The catch is, it can't tell you anything about that monster if you haven't fought it before and it forgets it knowledge if you haven't fought the monster in a long time. It also needs money (pixels) before it gives info. It's kind of like a pay phone.
    Pros - quiet, light weight, monster knowledge ability
    Cons - Bad armor, takes money (pixels) to use ability

Oh yeah, also, if you eat breakfast food while wearing these armor peices, you get one heart of damage for each peice of armor you have equipped!

And the reason they take your health is: They must obey you, but they try to avenge their fallen brethren as much as they can by taking it out on you.

Edit #1 - did some proofreading and added some things here and there, changed it up a bit.

Edit #2 - added a little joke based of Catoosie's suggestion

7. Catoosie

Catoosie Heliosphere

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!

he said 'suit yourself' and he's making a suit of armor! get it?!!?!? what if he said 'Suit yourself.... oh wait, YOU CAN'T, BECAUSE YOU DON'T HAVE AWESOME BREAKFAST ARMOR TO WEAR!'

LOOOL sorry I just had to point that out. good job, I loooooooove pancakessssssssssssssssssss :rofl:

pwner53 and Pancakes like this.
  8. Pancakes

Pancakes Pangalactic Porcupine

Aw, thanks! Always nice to know there are faithful followers! :D

Catoosie likes this.
  9. CaptainMcManface

CaptainMcManface Pangalactic Porcupine

my entry

It had been three weeks since they had recovered the alien artifact from planet Zevixnos and the top scientists from all over the galaxy had been assigned to crack its secrets. It was black and silver and shaped like a square with rounded points and was triangular at the top. So far, even though the researchers had scoured every inch of it, they had not even found a scratch on it. No niches on it anywhere. On the back was a rune of some sort which glowed green. Sevian Mintaru was a soldier hired by the private company that found the artifact. “Report.” His personal communicator crackled. “all clear” he returned. Sevian walked down the hallway, his shift over he had full intentions of grabbing a hearty meal and then heading straight to bed. “ahhh Sevian!” the cook called to him “what will it be today” “I’ll take two Mendrik burgers with a medium fry and a.” He was cut off by an explosion coming from the main lab “Shazbot!” Sevian yelled drawing his pistol. Then the door exploded and armed gunman steeped through shooting down everyone they saw. Sevian dropped one of the men with a shot and the squad started firing on him. He vaulted over the counter just in time to avoid the bullets whizzing past and landed on the cook’s body. Sevian popped over the counter and downed another soldier and ducked down just as quickly as bullets whizzed overhead. He popped up and downed another two soldiers “one left” he thought as he ducked back down “he’ll be calling for back up any second now.” He vaulted over the counter again shooting the last man in the head he ran over and picked up one of the rifles. “Can anyone here this?” his communicator crackled. “Roger” Sevian replied “get the artifact out of there that is your number one priority” it crackled again. Sevian rounded the corner heading into the laboratory two guards were standing outside of it, He brought his rifle up and quickly dropped the first one and as the other turned bringing his gun up he quickly closed the distance and gutted him with his knife. He opened the door and steeped in immediately five people started shooting at him. he shot three of the men, before throwing his knife into another. He was running over to the artifact when he felt a sharp pain in his leg and right hand “one left” he thought collapsing onto the table “no I can’t let these fiends have the artifact” seeing the scientist’s bodies scattered around him, the blood from his hand dribbling onto the artifact filling the rune’s channels. “got ya” the man who’d shot him gloated, Then something yelled in Sevian’s head. It was an unknown dialect; it went on for several seconds before pausing and speaking in another tongue still no luck so it spoke in another, after going through over ten languages it finally landed on Sevian’s native tongue of Dosmurian “hello you have filled the blood contract’s requirements please state your name for our records” the voice said “Sevian” he said. “What’s that” the man standing over him asked “cause it sounded a lot like shoot me” “I have logged your name… oh you look pretty banged up put me on and I will fix that” and with that the artifact flipped over and straps shot out. The man was so startled he let go of Sevian, and backed away a few paces, Sevian picked up a hand gun and shot him then turned and picked up what now looked like a metal backpack. He put it on and stood up “regenerating” the voice said and his wounds started slowly sealing up “by the way this next part will hurt” it said just as where he was shot started burning with pain, Then the bullets popped out and he stood up perfectly healthy. “The artifacts in here sir” someone outside the door said then a man walked in “well well well it’s seems we have an intruder” the man (clearly an officer) remarked “please that does not belong to you so give it to us” he continued bringing his handgun up. “Never. you don’t deserve this” Sevian retorted “hmm pity I was hoping you we could resolve this peacefully” and he aimed it Sevian’s head and pulled the trigger. But before the bullet could hit, armor shot out of the alien artifact and blocked the bullet. then it started spreading over all of Sevian’s body.

(Armor description time!) The ZV T-22 is a personal defense unit equipped with an organic AI and armor capabilities that include regeneration, and super speed. It has two U.E.E (utility energy emergence) slots on the wrists which can bend the plasma into various shapes and forms. The ZV T-22 is made out of woven steel interlaced with advanced Nano beings to allow it to be extremely flexible. Developed by Xzano Tech Corp for advanced police units, the ZV T-22 is black with silver plates (please do see the picture I will hopefully put up) it is a body suit the only thing sticking out more than an inch are the plates which are made out of Dimirsian a naturally occurring ore on zevixnos.

(and back to the story) “I guess that doesn’t work now” said Sevian just as the helmet slid over his face and then he uppercut the flabbergasted captain in the jaw who went soaring in the air. The other two guards opened fire “sir” the AI began “I will be able to transform your U.E.Es into blades” “do it” Sevian replied, and instantly green plasma shot out of the U.E.Es and solidified into blades. Handles appeared and he grabbed onto them, then he ran forward. The soldiers continued firing at Sevian as he was bearing down on them the closer of the two pulling a grenade out of his belt, he pulled the pin and before he could throw it Sevian gutted the man who then grabbed the man’s knife and impaled between the shoulder blades, the man slumped his life force quickly drained. Then the grenade exploded pushing Sevian out of the room and into the wall “minor trauma and a few puncture wounds sustained, patching.” The AI said methodically. Sevian stood taking stock of his surroundings “the com sat room” Sevian shouted suddenly. “There might be someone still alive there!” he dashed off down the corridor. “The disturbance came from down this way” someone around the corner said. “I sense one of them is carrying a rocket launcher it would be best to avoid this fight” The AI advised Sevian looked back the way he came “there’s no cover” he countered “push yourself against the wall” the AI said like he was having to explain to a child. Sevian pushed himself against the wall and slowly he sank into it, “Shazbot” he cried “don’t worry the suit’s Nanobots are simply repositioning the matter of the wall” the squad of soldiers rounded the corner walked down the corridor and completely missed the green visor sitting in the wall. Sevian peeled himself from the wall “is there any way to make that easier Calculator?” “over time the suit will adjust to your thoughts and calculator… is not my designation” The AI stated “doesn’t matter I’m calling you calculator so calculator it is.” By this time they had arrived at the com center, Sevian burst the door open there was no one in there, then someone coughed. Sevian identified that it had come from behind one of the larger desks. He walked over towards the desk “Shazbot” the voice said weakly. Sevian stepped around the desk and lying underneath it was a man in a lab coat with three bullet wounds, he screamed “Ahhhhhhhhhh” “it’s me Sevian. Can you pull the helmet back calculator?” “heh you found a way to work it? Nice job” “yeah do you know why these guys attacked and slaughtered everyone?” “Yeah you won’t like it” the man coughed “hey take it easy.” Sevian said reassuringly then he snapped his fingers “hey calc you can regenerate me so can’t you regenerate him?” “That would be possible.” Sevian laid his hands on the bullet wounds and the suit encased the area and spat the bullet out. Then he did the same for the other areas and then sat the man up “okay so who are they. Who hired them?” “Our employers.” “What! Why would they do that?” “They don’t want too much information on the… what you’re wearing right now to get out so every time the team of scientists fails to get results…” “I get it.”
    A loud crash and sounds of machinery signaled the end of the chit chat. “They’ll bring the building down on top of us” the scientist screamed. “you stay here I’ll stop it” then Sevian ran out of the room. “Sir, scanners indicate that a large mecha is in the hanger. Calculations indicate that it has a seventy-five percent chance of being the object that caused the tremors” Calculator droned “and that is why I call you calculator” Sevian ran down the hall as fast as he could another tremor rocked the building. He rounded the corner sunlight blinding him as a giant mech ripped off another part of the ceiling. “Well well well. Looks like we got a visitor” a gruff voice said as the mech turned around. It was at least two stories tall with arms and legs as wide as smart cars “after I’m finished with you, you’ll wish you’d scampered off” the mech driver yelled as he swiped at Sevian. The fist slammed into Sevian smashing him against the wall “severe trauma incurred please do not take another hit like that” Calc said as he healed the broken bones. “Thanks I’ll do my best” Sevian responded as he stood up. “You survived. Impressive” the mech driver called as he ripped of another part of the celling and threw it at him. Sevian rolled to the side just in time to avoid the girder, but wasn’t quick enough to avoid the punch the mecha threw right after that, and He slammed into the wall again. “sir I recommend you use your super speed” Calc suggested. “Okay” Sevian waited a few seconds “nothing happened… wait” the mech’s next punch was coming at him in slow motion. “Now that’s what I’m talking about” Sevian yelled as he jumped off the wall and onto the giant fist. he ran up the arm, “blades!” he shouted as he jumped towards the cockpit. He slammed the blades into the glass screen, easily cutting through it then he saw the driver inside another smaller mech, “didn’t count on that!” The mech driver yelled as he punched Sevian with the smaller mech. The mech driver caught sevain as he flew intending to crush him but he simply melted into the giant hand he was encased in “where’d he go?” the driver asked shocked. On the inside of the arm Sevian was cutting everything in his way disabling the arm as he speed through the arm “most clever sir, and the suit seems to be adjusting quite well to you” Calc remarked. “my right arms dead” the driver thought “what’s happening?” the driver tried to move his arm again “no matter I still got my inner layer” he said confidently “but still where is that guy.” “Right behind you” Sevian said gutting the man. The mech toppled over crashing to the ground with so much force it shook the remaining parts of the building, Sevian stepped out of the wreckage “better get the scientist and get out of here.” Sevian stepped into the room “it’s you again! Thank god” the man sighed with relief “yeah let’s get moving we don’t want to be around when the cleanup crew comes.” And thus they walked off into the sunset, the conviction that with this new found power they had to bring down the evil corporation.

also my art entry
    http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/armor-armor-contest-art.6816/page-2#post-155562

10. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

11. CaptainMcManface

well that's including the after thoughts.

12. Alvin Flummox

I don't want to be a dick but you could really do with adding some proper structure to that. It's horrendous to read as it is now.

13. Camz

Camz Existential Complex

im sure this will be fine if it was 2183 then yes but its only 2058 so it will get judged ok :up:

14. Gadgetguy

Gadgetguy Bag of Holding

So many great entries! Keep up the good work! :D

15. pwner53

pwner53 Over 9000!!!

I kind of thought of that as a joke, and then i thought nobody would get it, but somebody did! And do you mind if i use something similar to your suggestion?

16. Catoosie

Catoosie Heliosphere

something similar to the suit yourself thing? you can use that.

17. CaptainMcManface

What do you mean?

18. pwner53

pwner53 Over 9000!!!

I think he means it has no seperate paragraphs, so it's just one big mass of text.

19. Alvin Flummox

Yeah some paragraphs and spaces and other formatting. It's a huge wall of text, you've written over 2000 words and only used 2 paragraphs. It would just be so much easier to read if you sorted out the formatting, and it would greatly improve your entry :)

20. Kriegson

Kriegson Big Damn Hero

Ashes rained from the darkened skies, like such a metaphor for his world now. Beautiful fluttering flakes reminiscent of the snow-seasons of his past, only to turn to gritty black soot the moment they were disturbed. From a thing of beauty and life, crumbling into the wastes of death and decay.

He imagined his hunter-killer kin felt some pang of loss at the sight of their once great village scattered to the winds. Kiln and Rhakshada hunched opposite of him amidst the rubble, concealed with cloaks drawn over most of their form and scarves to block out the worst of the ash and chill alike covering much of their faces. None of them had spoken since they had left the redoubt to seek vengeance upon the invader of their world, against the pleading of their wives and demands of their chief.
    When he....it..had come, it brought with it a kind of war that his people had never known, and would never come to understand. There were no howls of courageous challenge, no terms of battle or sacred ground. There was only the silent onslaught the alien had wreaked upon them. An azure wraith with eyes that reminded him of the great glaciers of his northern oceans. Unstoppable, unrelenting, and of what little you could see and understand, a leviathan existed just out of view.

Kiln moved again slightly, it was only the second time now that Janyk finally noticed and broke from his revery. Something was coming, down the street towards their ambush. A hint of azure, and that damnable silhouette...one arm mounting a weapon not unlike like their bows, only it whispered unseen death to its victims faster than any arrow he had ever seen. The other, ending in a wicked claw which had given the beast it's name among them.

"Talon...."

As he looked upon the grim faces of his comrades, turning towards the foe and slowly creeping forward, clutching weapons, he had a horrific epiphany. The ash that clung to them, white yet still, made them seem like dead men. Corpses crawling into their graves.
    They had known they would not have returned from this quest. They had felt if they bled the beast, or howled their last defiantly in its face, that at least would be enough.

Now he knew the truth. They were not here to die like heroes. They were simply here to die.

Like something from a nightmare, it seemed to simply appear there, glaring down upon them with the dim light casting darkness over its features. The pale blue orbs within that darkness turned, and came to meet his own gaze. Fear...that animistic fear that wakes you in the night bathed in sweat and seeing death in every shadow, heart pounding in your ears as you pray nothing hears it.
    He hardly registered the shouts of alarm of his kin, quicker to react and to strike.

Rhakshada's tempered blade of wicked serration, embedded with the hardest and sharpest of crystals, was turned aside with a mere gesture of Talon. The terrible metal gauntlet seemingly both an intricately carved antique of ages past, and technological marvel of some advanced race, simply reached towards...and then through him.
    He had no time to voice his agony.

Kiln was not so favored.

He drew his spear and made to thrust with all his might into the face of his foe, a battle cry of a true hero building upon his lips, only to turn to a cry of shock and pain as talons closed upon his face. The pitch then grew higher, and more to sounds and tone the likes of which Janyk had never heard, nor would wish to hear again. Though they would come to wake him many times in his dreams, in his darkest nightmares.

As the last tortured noises torn from his kinsman's ragged form ceased to echo through the wastes, Janyk realized he was curled in a ball upon the ground, soiled and shaking with fear. Every few moments, he jerked suddenly as he imagined the tips of blood soaked talons digging into his flesh...though it was only the touch of ash and his own mind. When the mind numbing fear had finally subsided, like a child peering over his bedsheets, he ventured a brief look beyond his arms to see what doom awaited him.

Nothing.

A pair of oddly shaped mounds of ash, and ruins of his civilization....nothing more.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The armor of "Talon" is largely azure blue with black and grey highlights, made out of a highly refined metal and some degree of mechanical augmentation. The key features are the claw itself, which encompasses the entire right arm.

Segmented plates of armor Covering the upper arm with a layer that extends past the elbow (provides additional protection over the joint without limiting mobility) the forearm and the gauntlet itself. The talons are articulated fingers ending in sharp blades. Though energy emitters under the tips of the blades allow it to cut much farther than it physically appears able to.

The left arm has a mount for a physical or energy projection should, and thus the left forearm plate flat upon the upper surface of the arm, and better armored. A militaristic X armor plate would go here by default.

The lower portion of the armor consists of fatigues (of a camouflage color relevant for the planet) and armor plated"jackboots" with plates on top of the foot, the heel and the shin.
    The torso itself is embroidered with a raven insignia upon the back in which outspread wings reaching from the center of the back to the shoulders actually function as a energy emitter which creates wings that allow the user to fly or at least jump extremely far and unhindered based on their weight and the gravity of the planet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.