Modding Help Armor abilities

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by MetaFace, Oct 26, 2016.

1. MetaFace

MetaFace Guest

So I have a question, I know that you can add status effects to armor, similar to items like salve and other foods. I'm wondering if there is a way to make it so when the armor is being worn it'll slowly drain the wearer's energy? If this even possible...

edit:
    also wondering about hp regeneration on armor...

2. Twindice

Twindice Void-Bound Voyager

Frackin Universe already has some armor that can do HP regen, so yes, it's possible. I see no reason why energy drain isn't possible, seeing as how FU has armor that regenerates it. Unless I'm massively misunderstanding something about Starbound code, I imagine all you'd have to do is give it a negative number on energy regen.

If you're looking for the actual code for this, FU's developer would definitely know. He's usually willing to answer questions.

3. MetaFace

MetaFace Guest

Cool I'll look at it, thanks.

4. MetaFace

MetaFace Guest

Would it bee too hard to write my own? Coming from someone who has worked java before but not lua... well not to this level. I've modded a lua game before but it wasn't this hard to grasp. Could I write my own armor status effects?

5. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

look at /status/effects and decide that for yourself.
    But if you just assume you can and dive it, you'll probably prove yourself right... maybe after a couple failed attempts but that's how you learn.

Also read the documents included because they list the functions you want.