1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Area on planet teleports me back to ship.

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by quasm, Jan 21, 2017.

1. quasm

quasm Intergalactic Tourist

On my homeworld anytime I go near a certain area I get beamed back to my ship. It happens no matter if I come from the top or the side of this area, it is underground. It is an area I have already explored several times without issue. I don't have any mods installed, on windows, and in windowed mode.

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Please attach the full log located in your storage directory. It's named starbound.log (will show up as "starbound" when you don't have file extensions shown). There are also more logs (.1-.5). These are logs from the sessions before. If you didn't had start the game after the error i don't need them. Use the "Upload a File" button to select and attach the log.

~ Iris ~

3. quasm

Hope I did this right, I opened the game back up and went to the area it was happening in, then saved and quit after it happened.

Attached Files:

4. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

According to the log it is possible that the world file got corrupted. Can't say this for sure though. Do you have stuff in the broken region? What else do you have on that planet?

~ Iris ~

5. quasm

It was my starter planet on it so I have some buildings around spawn and some deeds. I'm not sure if I have anything in that area or not. It's in the mineshaft / cave that was already built. I might have a tent or something I placed there but hard to remember. If it is corrupted that kinda sucks but not that big of a deal since I hadn't done very much building yet. There is a way to save my character and items and stuff even if it is corrupted right? I really don't want to have to start the game over again. :(

6. quasm

Also when I teleport to the ship it isn't like a normal teleport. I'm underground and then the game freezes and then shows nothing but the blue sky and clouds or something and then I'm back on my ship.