1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED [ARCHIVE] Creative Mode - Complete control over your experience.

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by aMannus, Dec 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diago21

Diago21 Void-Bound Voyager

Works for me, I can't wait till you add all the recipes though, it's the main reason I want this mod.

2. goldenbean

goldenbean Void-Bound Voyager

yup the overpower gun does not work it crashes my game i think they change the weapons

edit Armour needs an update it revert back to none Armour

Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
  3. VeryOpinionatedGamer

VeryOpinionatedGamer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The recent patch changed weapons and armor, removing armor penetration from all weapons this includes guns, and changing armor to have different benefits such as increasing health.
    starbound 2013-12-10 03-35-16-865.jpg starbound 2013-12-10 03-35-19-713.jpg

As you can see in the pictures The starter chest now gives +10 to health, and the weapons now have new stats as well

4. goldenbean

goldenbean Void-Bound Voyager

ya its cool but its anoying when mining underground when u got used to not dying alot please amannus fix the armor

5. VeryOpinionatedGamer

If were being honest, sure the old system wasn't perfect, i found several ways they could have improved on it, I STILL LIKED IT, and was against changing it from the start. It's here though, so I'm looking to make the best of it. If it's really that bad, i'm sure the backlash will result in yet another character wiping patch. Lets see where this leads first before deciding it's the worst thing since aerosol cans.

6. aMannus

aMannus Space Kumquat

I just woke up and I indeed noticed the update is out right now. I have to go to work first, but once I get back, I'll get cracking on making all of this work on the new Annoyed Koala update. Don't worry, it was expected this update would break a few items, like the weapons and armor. I have some plans to make the armor a bit better as well in some way, but you'll just have to wait until I release it to see how it'll change. If possible, I'm hoping to also include a few of the key recipes in the spawning box while I update, if time allows. Please bare with me for a little longer.

7. VeryOpinionatedGamer

I just realized i misread what Goldenbean was stating lol, my fault, and aMannus no rush mate, the Mod was pretty sweet. With the changes made to armor and weapons, I am pretty sure you can come up with quite a few ways to make armor and weapons rock. So like i said no rush mate, there is plenty of beta left to test in this patch before I dip into the mods again :-D (I like to test the actual game before using certain mods, for game breaking bugs, and things that completely halt the games progress Like the dang birds that won't leave me alone now >.>)

8. Sam_3d

Sam_3d Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Your mod was crashing users on my server as soon as i come close to them, more over after i removed the folder i could not load my charater anymore because it crashed the game all the time, i thought i could destroy items your mod
    adds and be fine, but you can't delete you super matter manipulator, thus i was forced to destroy my character files, thanks.

9. Sam_3d

Now without your mod it chashes my game each time i pick a any character even new ones, thanks mate.

Code:
    Debug: Correcting path from /items/armors/floran/floranfurnivour/icons.png to /items/armors/floran/floranfurnivour/Icons.png
    Debug: Correcting path from /items/armors/floran/floranpelt/icons.png to /items/armors/floran/floranpelt/Icons.png
    Warn: Problem reading deatabase ..\universe\playerQuests.db. retrying : IOException: Internal exception! block 88 missing free index block marker!
      008083AE (C:/starbound/source/core/StarIODevice.hpp:9)
      ... (3)
      0096714D (C:/starbound/source/core/StarBTreeDatabase.hpp:120)
      00806487 (C:/starbound/source/core/StarSimpleDatabase.cpp:17)
      00809D6A (C:/starbound/source/core/StarVariantDatabase.cpp:17)
      ... (4)
      00409FA4 (C:/starbound/source/application/StarApplicationBase.cpp:199)
      004079CF (C:/starbound/source/client/main.cpp:49)
      004DB381 (c:\SDL-1.2.15/./src/main/win32/SDL_win32_main.c:318)

Warn: Perf: ClientApplication::update millis: 257
    Warn: Perf: StarApplicationBase::run.innerLoop.update millis: 257
    Warn: Perf: StarApplicationBase::run.innerLoop millis: 261
    Info: Shutting down Star::Root
    Error: IOException: Rename error: 32
      007D79BA (C:/starbound/source/core/StarIODevice.hpp:9)
      ... (5)
      00409FA4 (C:/starbound/source/application/StarApplicationBase.cpp:199)
      004079CF (C:/starbound/source/client/main.cpp:49)
      004DB381 (c:\SDL-1.2.15/./src/main/win32/SDL_win32_main.c:318)

and this with open gl version
    Code:
    Warn: Problem reading deatabase ..\universe\playerQuests.db. retrying : IOException: Internal exception! block 88 missing free index block marker!
      00805FCE
      0080607B
      008063AF
      0080660C
      009648ED
      008040A7
      0080798A
      00A64E5B
      005CD65F
      004F91F7
      00409B14
      004079CF
      004D8FA1

Info: Shutting down Star::Root
    Error: IOException: Rename error: 32
      007D55DA
      00807A82
      00A64E5B
      005CD65F
      004F91F7
      00409B14
      004079CF
      004D8FA1

10. Sam_3d

ok i deletet playerquests.db file and it worked, seems that file is generated after the fact

11. eran100

eran100 Void-Bound Voyager

When I open the ultimate block my game crashes...

12. aMannus

aMannus Space Kumquat

Your error is talking about the quests, as you figured out afterwards, which has absolutely nothing to do with my mod. Also, as far as I could tell (although I would need to test this) every item that this mod adds will simply dissapear when loading your file the next time you're loading the game. If this isn't the case after all, I'll look for a way to be able to delete the Super Matter Manipulator, which is not trash-able right now because it uses the same assets as the normal Matter Manipulator.

Also, I KNOW there's a lot of crashes in right now and that's because the game updated. Don't blame me for anything related to this, I already stated earlier I would update once I got back from work, which I just did. I'm going to work on the update for the newest starbound version right now, just hang tight.

13. eran100

Sorry, only saw you said you gonna work on it after I posted, cheers!

14. Mate

Mate Void-Bound Voyager

Same here

15. PhoenixRiku

PhoenixRiku Void-Bound Voyager

The game was updated people shouldn't have any expectations for this to work on the newest update at this time.

16. eran100

When I tried the mod I didn't even know there was a new patch, sorry. :chrono:

17. aMannus

aMannus Space Kumquat

Updated to Annoyed Koala. Sword and gun had to take a backseat and I'll add them in later. All other changes are once again found in the changelog.

Also, please, everyone, follow the 'how to install' really carefully. A lot of the errors people were getting was because of them installing the mod wrong.

Also, a call for help. If anyone knows how to passively scan folders for files with a certain extention, extracting information out of them, placing those into excel cells and ultimately create .recipe files based on those excel cells.. Please contact me. I've been looking into it myself but haven't quite gotten the hang of the excel coding stuff.

Now, I'll keep an eye on this thread for anyone having issues installing or using this mod, but other than that, I would actually like to play the game for a bit. So no update is planned for today, sorry :)

18. eran100

Still clicking on ultimate box crashes my game. I've puten all the files in asset folder.
    Oh wait...
    Edit: Omg I've stupid...

19. blond30

blond30 Void-Bound Voyager

could you explain eran100 my game crash clicking on ultimate blox

20. aMannus

aMannus Space Kumquat

I'm pretty sure you're not copying over the entire CreativeMode folder. As I've stated in the README as well, copy over the ENTIRE folder into your assets folder, not just the subfolders.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.