1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED [ARCHIVE] Creative Mode - Complete control over your experience.

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by aMannus, Dec 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xorlac

Xorlac Seal Broken

Sorry, I had to go to work, so I couldn't reply. And I tried a green instead of blue, it doesn't look good. I was thinking of using a leather-brown (like item frames in Minecraft, if you've played it) but it might conflict with the brown handles. And I noticed you were working on flight tech, when I was looking around the mod files I noticed the pic for your flight tech, a pink bubble.

2. aMannus

aMannus Space Kumquat

Flight tech is already in the new update, haha. The pink bubble was just a placeholder to work on it, it's just the bubble that the bubbleboost uses as well.

de0lsu likes this.
  3. de0lsu

de0lsu Subatomic Cosmonaut

aMannus, I went ahead and added a Basic Spawning Box to your mod.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It didn't seem like too much trouble and I find it wholly useful for when I'm exploring. :D I love the V. 91 Spawning Box's crafting list.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
  4. Nerox1996

Nerox1996 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Where you now installed the mod in the mods folder or Asset?

5. Luigix

Luigix Space Spelunker

I followed the instructions to the letter and I can't get it to work. I am unable to launch the game via Steam so I have to go into the win32 folder and actually find the application to launch it.
    When I try to create the thing with the wooden platform in the furnace it flickers for a fraction of a second and produces nothing.

6. de0lsu

de0lsu Subatomic Cosmonaut

Just posting some feedback for V. 95: removing the mod while your character has the new flight tech equipped causes the game to crash when accessing the character select screen. The crashing is fixable.

Make sure you unequip Creative Flight, from your ship's tech computer, before removing the mod.

7. Moray

Moray Seal Broken

thats what i did, i did read the readme lol

8. SaintPanda

SaintPanda Cosmic Narwhal

You need to separate the Items in the spawning box more, just trying to use the search box crashed my game, and opening the box caused a major lag spike and froze for a few seconds

9. MittyQuake

MittyQuake Void-Bound Voyager

ok i copied the entire folder into the mod folder, i ran the game and everything perfect, but then, i tried to smelt the wooden platform and it wouldn't let me, im really having problems with every mod... T_T idk how to do it

Edit: omg finally figured it out

Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
  10. Xorlac

Xorlac Seal Broken

I agree. While I don't crash, my game does completely freeze for 1-2 seconds, and I still have that ever so fun feature where, when I search, it double taps every letter. But in aMannus's defense, this mod isn't fully finished, he's still working on the boxes.

11. This got major issues. D:
    My whole character and planet files got unusable because those Neon Symbol blocks instant crash client. :(

12. I deleted all my inventory with editor, but no good. It broke all the save file. I believe it's the world file that owns that X item i crafted via the spawning box, that caused this, darn. D:

I think the error that crashes the client starts here:
    Code:
    Error: MaterialException: No such material id: 112

005E1D24 (C:/starbound/source/game/StarMaterialDatabase.hpp:11)
      0073AF5C (C:/starbound/source/game/items/StarMaterialItem.cpp:153)
      0073AFFB (C:/starbound/source/game/items/StarMaterialItem.cpp:140)
      006DE465 (C:/starbound/source/game/StarItemUser.cpp:682)
      006DEE67 (C:/starbound/source/game/StarItem.hpp:227)
      005244C8 (C:/starbound/source/game/StarPlayer.cpp:759)
      ... (3)
      004F0735 (C:/starbound/source/game/StarUniverseClient.cpp:143)
      00404CFF (C:/starbound/source/client/StarClientApplication.cpp:559)
      00407357 (C:/starbound/source/client/StarClientApplication.cpp:368)
      0040A264 (C:/starbound/source/application/StarApplicationBase.cpp:199)
      00407C7F (C:/starbound/source/client/main.cpp:48)
      004DB931 (c:\SDL-1.2.15/./src/main/win32/SDL_win32_main.c:318)

13. DerMethJunkie

DerMethJunkie Aquatic Astronaut

I have the same problem! Can u help me?

14. aMannus

aMannus Space Kumquat

Alright. I want to say one thing before I say anything else. There's a reason why I called these builds the experimental builds. The spawning boxes are very much still in a work in progress. There's items that can corrupt your file (which I started removing, by the way), there's I don't know how many Perfectly Generic Items still in, and there's still double tapping when searching by categories. I know these problems exist, the problem is actually working with them. It's very hard to weed out the items that crash your game, seeing as it's already a list of 1400 items.

As for the search bar double tapping letters, this is a real problem. I have tried to balance items between categories for hours now, trying to see what the choke point is, but this choke point seems to be SO low that even 200 items in a single category causes this double tapping to happen. This is a major problem, and while it can be fixed by dividing the items even more, it takes a ridiculous amount of time. I have to change the category for every item, every single time, just to test if it works that way. If it doesn't, I have to change the category of even more items.

As for the small freeze time the game has when opening the boxes, this is something I might not be able to fix, ever. I agree that it's annoying and all, but it's a short delay of maybe 2 seconds. If I wanted to fix this, I would have to introduce 10 seperate crafting tables (furniture not even included) each with their own items. This would make it INSANELY difficult for players to find their items, and would fill up their entire base with 10 different boxes. This is not a solution at all. For now, I have to ask everyone to cope with the small delay when opening these boxes. For the search bar however, I'm still working on balancing the categories for that.

Remember, these are called experimental builds for a reason. You can expect a lot of weird stuff going on regarding the spawning boxes. But even so, I highly value all of your input, just like you have been doing. This is just where it's at right now, and it's really hard for me to find a solution to all of these problems.

de0lsu, Mr. Zombie and Bacon like this.
  15. Xorlac

Xorlac Seal Broken

Honestly, as far as the boxes go, I'm ok with how the regular spawning box is currently. I just scroll instead of searching, and that way it isn't too horribly slow. Maybe, to balance things out a bit more, you could change the boxes around so that there's a "basic stuff" box, with all the most basic weapons, armor, and blocks. The idea being that there'll be only a few items in each category, so less lag, but there are multiple categories, as opposed to the box specifically for weapons and armor. I just think that might reduce lag, if you have a bit of every category in each box.

de0lsu likes this.
  16. DerMethJunkie

DerMethJunkie Aquatic Astronaut

aMannus I installed as u said and everything runs fine but I cant smelt the wooden platform? Can u or somebody else give some me tipps what I did wrong?!

17. Nerox1996

Nerox1996 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Where you now installed the mod in the mods folder or Asset?

18. aMannus

aMannus Space Kumquat

This is actually not that bad of an idea. Scooping items from the currently existing boxes, so there's less items in them. This would still be kinda weird as the player would have to search 2 different boxes which can both hold a single item, but maybe it'll lessen the burden on the other boxes. This won't get rid of the small freeze time when opening the boxes, however. Well, the basic box wouldn't have it, atleast.

Apparently others have fixed this by getting rid of all of their platforms, then crafting a new one and using that one.

/mods/. It has this handy file called 'modsgohere', that's where you need to be.

de0lsu likes this.
  19. Luigix

Luigix Space Spelunker

Yeah if you figured it out we're probably having the same problem. Halp

20. Crystal*

Crystal* Space Spelunker

Awesome Mod but if i use the combat sword my game crashes and i need to start it again, this happens all time if i use the sword.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.