1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Arcane Add On 1.9.02 DROPBOX

Interesting Tiered Magic, Balanced for the Game.

1. Combusting Avians

Combusting Avians Intergalactic Tourist

Thanks ^u^
    Also, the flare scroll just throws a flare. It doesn't crash, but I think that may be an ID conflict

2. EMERALDTURTLEZ

EMERALDTURTLEZ Space Hobo

This is an amazing mod, when are you planing to make the spells fully functional? I really enjoy geomancy and would love for all of it to work! :) Thank you

3. Seterwind

Seterwind Scruffy Nerf-Herder

To be honest got on a completely different project and haven't had much time for this. Since Chucklefish are changing the way things work so drastically, I have been waiting for them to update then rework the mod to work with the newest update.

4. Attia

Attia Seal Broken

Ok, Give me how it is... New character wants to be a mage What to do first?

5. ASalesman

ASalesman Void-Bound Voyager

Great mod! I can't wait to see what you do with it next.
    Quick thing: Taking damage from lava cancels your teleport. I used teleport and there was lava somewhere above me. My character blinked into the lava and started taking damage rather than finishing the teleport. I don't know if this behavior is expected or something you would want to fix so i figured I would bring it to your attention.

Thanks for the amazing mod! Keep it up!

6. Combusting Avians

Quick questions
    With the Geomancy (Oops not that) conjuration spellbook, how do you get to the spell swarm?
    With said book, what does the spell familiar do?

7. Attia

Attia Seal Broken

Well, you asked for a list of spell books allowed for each race no? Instead Maybe It, could be a Last Tier thing Or mid tier thing where you combine certain spell books granting exclusive spells. For Example combining Some spell books (excluding Thermo- spell book) Making The Floran Shamans Book Tier one having some spells from some books and yatta yatta with exclusive new ones... How you can make it exclusive to each race...eh I don't know but this is what im thinking of
    Glitch- Arch Mage Book- electricity
    Floran- Blood Shaman book- geomancy
    Hylot- Peace Healer book- water
    Human- God Compendium- Universal
    Avain- Kulex Secrets- Air
    Novakid- Dust Fire- Fire

Ask me more questions If you are still interested, I have different spell ideas, but if you got it from here great :) Good Luck
    ~Attia

8. DragonSoulSong

DragonSoulSong Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Craft an enchanting table. That is the absolute first step. Search for it in the crafting table~ :)

Swarm is available for conjuration as of tier two, and can be accessed with the key sequence 'down' | 'up' in casting mode. The only caveat is that the spell is currently not operational. For your question about familiar, I shall quote the OP, "Familiar: Will summon a familiar, does not disappear." Though currently, said spell does not function as intended. It sometimes works, sometimes doesn't, and, regardless of which, doesn't really work right. As of right now, the conjuration book doesn't really do much for you until tiers 3 and 4.

9. Cipherstar

Cipherstar Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This is broken, Nothing generates uncommon essence. Not to mention how big of a hassle it is to get everything for single scrolls.... -.-; Really not good if you want to feel like a budding spellcaster from the start since it'll take you ages to get the first spells >,..,<

10. Combusting Avians

Wheat seeds do

calvinemrekaya likes this.
  11. Cipherstar

Mm, thanks for that. I went through heaps of items trying to find something that makes it.

12. zxcorp

zxcorp Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Apparently anytime I try to use a scroll it crashes and I have no clue what is causing this error??

13. Cipherstar

The scrolls are useless, they're just very expensive components to the books.
    I wish they were individual spells you can use .-.

Crosburn likes this.
  14. zxcorp

zxcorp Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thanks for telling me haha I thought the books were what you used to upgrade your spells or tier of spells; yeah I wish they were too it would make the spell organization and usage a lot easier.

15. mtgvoryo

mtgvoryo Industrial Terraformer

the glitch bowl gave me common magical essence. how do I get the uncommon one?

16. DragonSoulSong

DragonSoulSong Scruffy Nerf-Herder

For one, you may have had the wrong sort of bowl. I can't say for certain as I do not know precisely what item you used. Aside from that, though, some current sources of Uncommon Magical Essence are certain crop seeds and various decorative items that you can find in structures. Its really not too hard to get, just start stripping some dungeons clean and you'll run across at least a few uncommon essence-giving items.

17. Nickretro

Nickretro Starship Captain

How do you get Essences?

18. Frozwolf

Frozwolf Space Hobo

Maybe I installed it improperly somehow, but it crashes with a starexception, unknown status effect greaterhaste. I'm playing on my brother's laptop (unimportant note) but it seems all up to date on his game. What have I done wrong? I wanted to try it out, but since it keeps crashing upon starting because of that one problem, I just removed it.

19. Nickretro

Nickretro Starship Captain

Laptops aren't always the best to play games on. i know because i have a laptop and it could not handle the simplest of mods and games. i recommend playing on desktops and carrying a flash-drive to transport those mods.

20. Frozwolf

Frozwolf Space Hobo

While true, I don't know if that would cause a kind of script exception because of an unknown status effect.... he did mention hopefully fixing a problem with specifically the greater haste effect. Maybe it's something related to it?

EDIT: And on my fifth re-install, it just sorta worked itself out. Mods are funny like that. Thanks for the assistance though!

Last edited: May 28, 2014