1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Arachne Race Alpha 2016-10-25

Eight Legs, One Spaceship

1. Antyrus

Antyrus Pangalactic Porcupine

Antyrus submitted a new mod:

Arachne Race Alpha - Eight Legs, One Spaceship

Read more about this mod...

2. Alpha_StevO

Alpha_StevO Phantasmal Quasar

SO...

Spiders are known to keep frogs as pets; as spiders desiccate prey, and as they lay eggs, it attracts ants and other small insects. Spider gives the frog protection, frog eats anything trying to eat the spider's eggs.

THAT BEIN' SAID, I already had a frog-pet design in mind, but no desire to sprite it out because I didn't know what to tie it with. UNTIL NOW.

[​IMG]
    Based on mixing characteristics of the literally-a-squeak-toy Desert Rain Frog, a Malaysian Horned Frog, and a tadpole. The design on the left is what I made initially, before I realized I made it WAY too freakishly large to be considered pet material (at that size, it'd prey on the cockatrice I made for your lamia race; and those things are more than half the height of a human!). SO I scaled down and cleaned up, making the tinier one on the right. Not as likely to eat it's spidery owner, but y'never know.

Like the cockatrice, I'll be more than happy to go ahead and make the full spritesheet myself. It's just that I had a moment of inspiration after seeing you post an official Arachne race mod, and couldn't let that moment slip by!

Saint Apollyon likes this.
  3. Pohany

Pohany Parsec Taste Tester

suggestion ^__-
    femalebody.png

4. jonathonspy

jonathonspy Existential Complex

hmm...tech or racial ability to let it walk on walls and ceilings? except they drain energy when moving?

5. XelSlime

XelSlime Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Haha, it begins...

Also I'm sure that's totally supposed to be Rachnera's body style up there in Pohany's post, though personally I'd leave clothing entirely to vanity 'cause of styles like Rachnera's, where an existing bra on the character would interfere with the way her clothing is, possibly. That and the fact nothing is shown in Starbound unless people decide to mod it in, so it's not exactly "lewd", though someone was bothered enough to make an edit for my race mod that got rid of the bounce that was apparently in the spritesheet I edited for the slimes and zombies, so...

Now I'm curious, what inspired you to make these races, Antyrus? 'Cause I mean everyone else's first thought is "Monster Musume" when they see these types of race mods, but... yeah, could be any number of things. Myself, the slime race was first about Space Station 13, but of course it's got Suu's hair available. Had to do that.

The second one was totally Zombina though.

I'm not sure how possible that'd be, jonathonspy, but there's another thought that could be done, considering it was done once already.

Think of XS Mechs. Rho mech tractor beams... but resembling a spider web. Probably just a thin translucent white beam with little to no sound. Also preferrably without any excessive special effects on the target 'cause that causes some hefty lag for a lot of people's computers. I can handle it myself, but two friends either crash or have to wait a good bit if a tractor beam's used for a while 'cause of that bit of blood or whatever that emits from the held target.

Part of me wants to do something similar myself (if I knew how), but it befits an arachne more than a slime.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2016
    jonathonspy likes this.
  6. Senpai Deviljo

Senpai Deviljo Cosmic Narwhal

No my greatest weakness sexy spider ladies.

7. Lindazana

Lindazana Cosmic Narwhal

Finally got a chance to try this out. Looks really good so far, though it does desperately need a jump animation put in. With just that, though, It would be satisfying and playable without awkwardness.

8. Notameme

Notameme Title Not Found

I was able to make a jump animation for this. Feel free to use it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Mineorange

Mineorange Master Chief

i love this

10. Mineorange

Mineorange Master Chief

i made custom...custom? AI for this mod. free to use

Attached Files:

11. Mineorange

Mineorange Master Chief

i made now teleport animations for this mod....actually i don't know how to apply this animation for arachne race.

Attached Files:

12. Mineorange

Mineorange Master Chief

and this time i made for tech upgrade (i mean for this mod)

Attached Files:

Lindazana likes this.
  13. Mineorange

Mineorange Master Chief

suggestion:Flag for Arachne. flagArachne.png

Attached Files:

Lindazana likes this.
  14. Notameme

Notameme Title Not Found

heya guys. I actually made this spritesheet a long time ago, but I have no use for it, so here ye go. Feel free to use it if you want. femalebody.png malebody.png

15. Hekete

Hekete Subatomic Cosmonaut

It auto deletes itself after pressing done :) awesome race btw :) was able to make Rachnera but cant play it as soon as i click done it deletes the character

16. Antyrus

Antyrus Pangalactic Porcupine

Just tested it, and it works fine for me. Try again, and if the problem persists, post your log

17. Hekete

Hekete Subatomic Cosmonaut

I reloaded the mod it does work now :) what ever you did thank you :) please do more with her :)

now i got Mai , Shu, and now Rachnia from monster girls LOL

xD DO HARPY NEXT : D

18. Notameme

Notameme Title Not Found

You know the mod cutebound replaces the avian sprite with a harpy sprite. I suggest downloading it.

19. jonathonspy

jonathonspy Existential Complex

the Penguin race mod has added in innate racial abillities, so i'm sure you can do something similar

20. thtubehd

thtubehd Space Spelunker

do you have any plans to realese this to the steam workshop for easy access