1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone got good coordinates they would like to share?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Day56, Dec 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Redinhead

Redinhead Void-Bound Voyager

I'll just repost my stating planet which had an avian ship just left of the starting place
    "My starting planet had a avian air ship with guns and a chest with 5 diamonds inside.
    Lvl 1 forest biome.
    Alpha Adhafera 071 I (a)
    X: 34726273
    Y: - 78766671

2. AdelaisAer

AdelaisAer Industrial Terraformer

Anyone found any good planets to make a home on? Looking for Beta and up planets. Also looking for Ocean planets (if they have been implemented yet; wondering because of Hylotl cities).

3. MrBurg

MrBurg Master Chief

Thank you, that was actually a really awesome planet for some coal!

panderp19 likes this.
  4. Thoranius

Thoranius Aquatic Astronaut

Blast, the moment I find this thread, stop to write down a few of the more promising looking coord's, then steam self-updates, crashing Starbound. And then after all that ruckus, Starbound itself is getting another update...which from what I understand, invalidates all previous coords. Alright folks, time to throw fresh pairs of eyes at the stars, and find us some new planets ripe for exploiting...errr, exploring.

5. Boozfob

Boozfob Star Wrangler

it doesnt invalid the old ones(?) o_O

6. Thoranius

Hmm, I thought I read earlier in this thread that each update invalidates the previous coords due to the changes in the terrain codes. Though planets already spawned/genned through exploration aren't affected, any new ones would be generated by the newer code, correct?

Edit : Or would that only be on the updates severe enough to warrant a character wipe? I'm actually quite unsure, hopefully a Dev will catch this discussion and shine some light on it for us.

7. Executor

Executor Master Chief

From what I can tell, the only invalidated coordinates are those in the former X Sector because Delta has a different seed number. Unless I'm missing something and X is still available in-game as a fifth sector or something, in which case disregard.

8. NyxVampiria

NyxVampiria Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Don't really know how rare Aegisalts are, but since some people have been asking for locations about them I found a location with tons of it. I've had around 4-500 so far just from the surface close to spawn point with only a little digging down. It's also sand/tar so digging is extremely fast (one hit with diamond pickaxe).
    To the left there is also a pretty awesome Floran prison, very dark themed for florans. Didn't find anything valuable but it's worth to check out for the looks..
    Also a decent amount of coil, not anything "WOW" worthy but better than I've seen on most planets so far.

location (x sector, threat level 6)
    x -535382229 y -956027355 X Omicron-1 Ori 070 IIb

9. Zsword

Zsword Pangalactic Porcupine

Speaking of Delta Sector, I'm looking for a Gunsmith in it. :(

10. JohnnysBigDay

JohnnysBigDay Seal Broken

I can confirm that the latest two updates work with eachother, Annoyed Koala and Frustrated Koala. The list of updates made in the launcher are pretty spot on.

I check this site every once and a while: http://starbound.gamepedia.com/Coordinates

11. Thoranius

Hmm, I'll try out the coords I wrote down as potential ore harvesting sites, and see if things line up with what I read previously.

12. Wolftein

Wolftein Void-Bound Voyager

I would like to share this gorgeous planet with Magma biome (First time i found it)

Sector: Delta
    X: -62079115
    Y: -97499098
    Planet: Delta HR 2622 Mon Minoris I - Magma

13. Thoranius

Aye, but we are now on v. Indignant Koala 11/12/2013 . Let's hope for the best!

14. Moegitto

Moegitto Aquatic Astronaut

Anybody know of any great beginner coordinates? I want to get into the meat of the game as soon as possible, but I don't want to overload myself just yet. THX!

15. JohnnysBigDay

JohnnysBigDay Seal Broken

My apologies. This morning I got stranded on a planet trying to find more coal to get to a coordinate posted on the site I just mentioned, and by the time I got home it had updated to Indignant Koala. I went to those coordinates anyways and found the avian ship I was looking for in Alpha sector.

To clarify, it seems all the coordinates that existed before the last character wipe are the same. To my knowledge, not all of the Tech items you find in chests will be the exact same. At least until you reach Beta sector, you can only get the Dash and Double Jump. I am heading there right now.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  16. Criofan

Criofan Poptop Tamer

Got a few here.
    1: Sector: Gamma
    Planet: Gamma V Pup 74 II a
    x: 22633515
    y: 48485257

You can find a tech to your left in in an apex dungeon, you will have to walk a bit though.

2: Sector Gamma
    Planet: Gamma Premium Minoris II
    x: 8144714
    y: 89764425

If you go left you will come to a glitch village, there you can find in one of the houses the ocarina. Also have coordinates for a flute if interested

3: Sector: Gamma
    Planet: Gamma Tau Aur Minoris V
    x: -11257063
    y: 30124659

Go to your left and you will almost immediately find a temple where inside theres a red turbine of some sorts, which when activates explodes and releases Matter Blocks.
    Here some screenshots from the temple.

2013-12-12_00004.jpg 2013-12-12_00001.jpg

Hope i was able to help C:

17. Boospengi

Boospengi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

X: -63641763 Y: -21308078.
    Star is blue and named Alpha Dumile 83, planet is Alpha Dumile 83 I, Forest Planet.
    Very easy planet with tar biome and obsidian biome beneath it. Plenty of gold, platinum, and diamonds. Since tar can be mined extremely quickly you can get good ores with a stone pickaxe and no armor.

18. Pham

Pham Void-Bound Voyager

there is no planet at those coord's. did you miss a digit or - ?

19. Hellfyre

Hellfyre Aquatic Astronaut

Checked out the Glitch village from Gamma Premium Minoris II and I couldn't find an ocarina there. Maybe I'm just cursed B(

20. Criofan

Criofan Poptop Tamer

well i've got two, i would gladly give you one C:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.