1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone got good coordinates they would like to share?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Day56, Dec 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nerva

Nerva Parsec Taste Tester

No weapons are, strictly numerically speaking, better than Impervium. They're really the strongest weapons around in terms of raw stats.

However, there are weapons that can outperform them in practice. A good example is the Bonehammer, several coordinates for which have been posted in the thread already. The Bonehammer's explosive blast and spray of bones can each inflict damage independent of the swing, allowing this already-high-damage weapon (I've had Bonehammers with a damage over 3200) to deal in excess of 6-7k damage when properly applied. Also, some grenade launchers may have a projectile that splits into about 5 sub-explosives on contact with an enemy or after they've flown a set distance - a direct hit from one of these can inflict upwards of 6000 damage.

Below is the best Bonehammer and grenade launcher I've ever found. Note the projectile displayed on the grenade launcher - grenade launchers with the right kind of scattering submunitions tend to look like that, although the colors can differ.

BonehammerAndGrenade.png

Some weapon types, while inferior in raw damage, are useful because their special effects can keep you safe from attack. A good example is the Watersword. While inferior to an Impervium 2h sword in most cases (it's very rare for a Watersword to approach 2k damage), the spread of bubbles produced with every swing of the fast-swinging Watersword will repel enemies with their knockback. The trio of gas clouds produced by the Eyesword work similarly, and it swings even faster if memory serves.

Below is a typical Watersword.

Watersword.png

Finally, there's rocket launchers. Some of these can exceed the damage output of an Impervium 2h sword or even approach the damage of an Impervium hammer, but from range. Just be aware that they have terrible fire rates, and if you do find one with over 4k damage, expect to burn your entire energy bar just to fire the dang thing once. Still, if you need to blast a tightly-packed cluster of enemies at a distance, this'll do your business for you.

This is the best Rocket launcher I've found. Honestly, if it didn't kick out over 4k damage in a single attack, I wouldn't even use it - anything with an energy cost over 250 can't be fired twice from a full energy bar (max energy is 500 with full impervium gear), so you want to have just as much damage on these as possible.

Rocketlauncher.png

My previous post has a Bonehammer and a Rocket Launcher for you. I'm afraid you're on your own for a Grenade Launcher, Watersword or Eyesword

Last edited: Jan 5, 2014
  2. Jubbass

Jubbass Void-Bound Voyager

:iswydt: Hello my fellow people!

I need a Hunter's Knife for my Legend of Zelda Nostalgia Trip!
    It would be really great if someone could provide me with such coordinates!
    I really hope you can help me!

- Jubbass the Adventurer!

3. gigantic tarantula

gigantic tarantula Master Chief

X Kaus Australis 58 IV b
    Level 6 Forest
    x: 999 999 917
    y: 999 999 886

very Earthlike Forest planet. Spawns you right into an Apex outpost with a high tech chest underneath. Traveling right found me two chests with guns in them, one green and one blue. Floran savages have 2 more chests along the way. Traveling left found an Apex Lab with a tech at the end (I got dash :zzz:) and a miniboss. If it weren't for the deadly meteor showers, this planet would be a great home. Would definitely work for a good earthlike underground base home for all your mad scientist exiles out there.

Pic is how I deal with overpowered minibosses
    Capture.JPG

4. AgentMarcx

AgentMarcx Aquatic Astronaut

Butterfly boost location. Fairly easy to get, plus it's earlier on than most other boost locations

5. Fissurous

Fissurous Yeah, You!

Could anyone tell me when chests randomly generate loot? I know sometimes legendary weapons always seem to generate in a specific spot, but when?

6. SeaJay

SeaJay Space Kumquat

...Isn't the Hunting Knife craftable at an anvil/metalwork station?

7. The Observer

The Observer Phantasmal Quasar

There's the weapon, and there's the back vanity slot.

8. SeaJay

SeaJay Space Kumquat

Oh, that thing. I don't think it's even in the game right now. Did a quick ctrl-F for it in the loot tables.

9. Krillin

Krillin Poptop Tamer

For anyone new to the X sector who is in search of weapons or food (or clothes?), there's an Avian village on this planet and you spawn literally smack dab in the middle. Meaning for those equipped to go to threat level 5 planets, it's safe for you to show up here and grab weapons stronger than you could ordinarily craft/find at that level!

Sector X
    Threat Level 10 Jungle Planet named X Eps Cep Majoris V b
    X: 76638175
    Y: -6648864

10. gigantic tarantula

gigantic tarantula Master Chief

That's awesome Krillin. I also happened to find a cape in a chest

11. XBDKXOzoneX13

XBDKXOzoneX13 Space Hobo

Coordinates

Alpha Sector
    X: 62728028
    Y: 12947613

Alpha Maiia 1015 II b: Has an Avian city ( to the left) with a bunch of merchants ( farming, food, close range weapons, ). The gravestones have stuff in them do mine them. There is a tech chest with double jump in it. Also many books for your codex, good reads.

Biome: arid
    Threat level: 1

Alpha Maiia 1015: Has an Apex lab to the left, !warning! has many tesla spikes and is very dangerous. Also has a dungeon filled with pixels right under surface of spawn, extremely cold. Bring a heat source. There is many acid patches on the way down so be cautious.

Biome: forest
    Threat level: 1

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388918608.945214.jpg

12. thijsi108

thijsi108 Intergalactic Tourist

Sector X
    X:22791381
    Y:-17338830
    X 18 Sco Majoris V c, Magma biome
    You spawn right next to an avian crow temple , has some average loot
    the planet also has alot of surface ores

EDIT-

I also found a desert planet lvl 5 which has 2 human temples if you walk to the left, the first one is nothing special, the second one though has a matter generator and a tech chest, which had no tech for me but maybe ur lucky
    Sector X
    X:-50810365
    Y:8084938
    X Ratonev 88 II b

13. Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

My fiancé found a strange planet. Assuming it's a rare one.
    It's a mushroom semi-city planet with mushroom people and such. A few recipes and some mushroom weaponry.
    Apparently the mushroom people also drop their hats if you kill them. I couldn't bring myself to kill 'em.

Alpha Sector:
    -57284205 81802802
    "Alpha Phi And Majoris" star. Planet is the.. I think it's the forest moon of the first planet.

14. Fledermaus8

Fledermaus8 Void-Bound Voyager

X:-73316670
    Y:-66551498
    Planet Name: Alpha Horsebutt 496 I b
    There is a friendly Avian village 1-2 minutes left from spawn.

15. manwith3boobs

manwith3boobs Astral Cartographer

Gamma Draconis Minoris II c
    X:96919917
    Y:51828750
    Biome Desert, Threat level 3.

You spawn on top of a GIGANTIC modern complex. It has about 6 guards with decent armor. I am in the x sector but made my permanent home on this planet in the gamma sector. I took all metal from the bottom florrs and made a nice house, with the ENTIRE first floor of the complex as a storage area/Lounge. Many parts are currently filled with boxes for storage. Probably the best coordinates I have ever found on my own.

16. ENZYM

ENZYM Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hey guys, here's a video with the coords for a Top Hat, enjoy!

Sector: X Sector
    System: X Marsha 3629
    Planet: X Marsha 3629 II b (LvL 5 Forest)

Coordinates
    X: -83069885
    Y: 24089494

Operating System: Windows 7 (64 bit)

Go immediately right from spawn!

17. Cheppie

Cheppie Space Hobo

Delta Sabby Majoris IV a
    Biome: Volcanic
    Level: 4
    X -83069262
    Y 24089643

Walk a few minutes to the left, you will find a knight. Also there are a few demons on your way over there, but nothing big. I haven't been able to get passed the knight tho. He kills me with one hit.

*EDIT*
    I just threw a granate at him. There's a giant castle where I found lots of neat things, including a few weapons and a plasma gun.

18. StarBrethren

StarBrethren Phantasmal Quasar

Me and my community on YouTube had a discussion about this and came to a conclusion. I explain it here:

19. Potatoeatingmoose

Potatoeatingmoose Aquatic Astronaut

I have a coordinate request!
    I am looking for the toxic flower back please reply with coordinates, sector, system and planet
    Thanks!

20. AnonymousLyric

AnonymousLyric Void-Bound Voyager

Alright, I was flying around on one of my newer characters and came across some pretty good Alpha Sector systems:

System: Alpha Oizys 0307
    TL: 1
    X: 15267784
    Y: 78103700
    Did not explore thoroughly. But here are the planets I went to.

Planet I a:
    • Cultist building with a sewer basement. Interesting loot: Bear Hat.
    • Ape Training Building (with all the electrical things). Interesting loot: Dash Tech.
    • Misc USMC mini-bases (with two robots guarding it). Interesting loot: hammered dulcimer, and cat glasses.
    Planet III a: Forest with Toxic Flower.
    • Avian Tombs
    • Toxic Chest. Loot: Table Blueprints.

System: Alpha Delta-2 Lyr Minoris
    TL: 1
    X: 15267741
    Y: 78103710

Planet I a:
    • Misc. Chests (didn't know where). Loot: Top Hat.
    • Mad King mini-castle (not a real castle, and just the king was there). Had a secret chamber, but nothing too good if I recall. Loot: Crown.
    • Glitch village.
    Planet I b:
    • Big Apex Research Base.
    • A chest somewhere containing a violin.
    Planet I c:
    • Floran Prison.
    • Cultist Camps. Loot: Fancy Hat (purple hat).
    • Snowman. Loot: Fancy Hat (bowler's hat).

On my higher tier character, I have one system with some neat things.

System: X Zeta Lup 3752
    Sector: X
    X: 31059268
    Y: -95366065

Planet II a: Level 6, Jungle
    • Cultist Camp to the left. Loot: Phoenix Emblem.
    • Random chest with a fancy hat (purple hat).
    • Another Cultist Camp with a Doctor Spawner.
    • Right next to camp listed above, High-tech Chest with Bubble Boost.
    • Avian Tomb.
    • Plenty of surface agiesalt (that green metal that isn't uranium).

Planet II b: Level 7, Desert with tar
    • Bone chest to the left.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.