1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Anybody else having the keyboard glitch out with starbound?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by DrHax, Jan 5, 2014.

1. DrHax

DrHax Big Damn Hero

Its happened about 12 times in the last past 4 days, once in awhile my keyboard will just have a stroke in game. The chat log becomes gibberish as it seems a key get stuck.. Yet its only in starbound. No other programs are affected, minimalizing the game doesn't solve it, its happened more then enough to make me question what could be causing.

2. cyberspyXD

cyberspyXD Tiy's Beard

No.

And I don't think a program can affect your keyboard. Do you have gunk stuck in your keys?

The | Suit likes this.
  3. DrHax

DrHax Big Damn Hero

Its less the keyboard and the inputs from it. Just the fact the chat log itself when pressing enter goes SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS like a freaking snake while I go over to the skype window and can type I can't believe with this is happening with No random S's appearing. Once in awhile the characters just seem to just run into a wall, or get stuck walking in a single direction without any input from the keys. Its less the keyboard and more the input. THAT much I know, because nothing else is affected.

4. NBear

NBear Space Penguin Leader

Sounds like a fault on your end, since you the only one getting affected and it's a bit of an odd one.

5. FrozenFlame

FrozenFlame Giant Laser Beams

Yeah that's a hardware thing, IF it happens, try unplugging your keyboard (obv the S's would stop) but plug it in again.
    Check if it would continue, or other effects.

6. dhxmg

dhxmg Scruffy Nerf-Herder

try pressing the key going ham, especially if you alttabbed

7. PHaeTH

PHaeTH Space Spelunker

It's been happening to me once in a while on my laptop. Forgot to make a thread about it. Thanks for reminding me about this.

8. Blaster Master

Blaster Master Star Wrangler

Yep, it gets a little strange for me once in a while. Even my mouse will develop sensitivity issues for a few seconds on occasion. If the issues do happen, though, they only seem to happen around areas where there's lag.

DrHax likes this.
  9. DrHax

DrHax Big Damn Hero

It always starts from warping to another planet on mutiplayer. Thats when it happens, or when traversing a mutiplayer world. (Other players)

10. mapi

mapi Space Hobo

Did you ever find a solution? im having the same problem..