1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Any tips on making ABC files sound good?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Man of Shadows, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Man of Shadows

Man of Shadows Subatomic Cosmonaut

I've been converting a couple Midis to ABC files using Maestro, taking out tracks like the drumline and such, yet the finished product always sounds really weird in game(It sounds fine when played through an ABC player). Anyone know how people make them sound smooth?

2. Eonwulf

Eonwulf Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It's because not all abc syntax is recognized by Starbound abc parser. Simply put some parts of the song aren't understood by Starbound so it just leaves them blank causing nothing to be played.

3. Malkyn

Malkyn Pangalactic Porcupine

Some instruments also sound way better while playing certain songs than others. I know the microphone I had found made almost all of my songs not sound remotely like the song, but I could easily identify them while playing them on a couple other instruments.

4. ForceablePlace

ForceablePlace Phantasmal Quasar

No idea, but does anyone know the ABC converter/Maker Tiy told Leth to download? (In his stream) it was like "IABC" or something, But ill try Maestro if no one know the one Tiy used :/

5. VIcariousViking

VIcariousViking Void-Bound Voyager

Are there drums in the game yet? There should be. Also All files I get off LOTR abc or whatever all sound horribly out of time and bad in my ABC player, so I don't even try them in game D:

6. cestislife

cestislife Scruffy Nerf-Herder

http://abc.sourceforge.net/iabc/
    This may be what you are referring to.

7. ForceablePlace

Thanks, i searched for it but found nothing, and was not sure if it was "iabc" and not something else lol

8. Nameisnotname

Nameisnotname Void-Bound Voyager

9. Man of Shadows

Man of Shadows Subatomic Cosmonaut

I tried out iabc and can't get it to convert at all. I get "Error: Error, cannot open file tmp/tmp.mid" upon using action>create abc.

10. ForceablePlace

yeah, that converter is not the right one, ill go ask tiy for it i guess :/ but that one dident even work for me, and i couldent figure out how to use it lol