Any ideas of Currency yet?

Discussion in 'Other' started by ThomasDekker, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Fishbertus

Fishbertus Zeromus

New iPod touch: 328 pixels/inch
    BILL GATES took all of them!

2. DarkDXZ

DarkDXZ Phantasmal Quasar

You fail!
    But it makes all these weapons out there incredibly cheap considering out of how many pixels they're made.

Apparently, it would be badass if the amount of dropped pixels would be proportional to creature's size and out of how many pixels it is made (note - 1 pixels is 3x3, giving 9 pixels/pixel. Stupid sh!t).
    So a small fly would give you ~7 pixels, while a 128x128 boss would drop UP TO 16384 pixels...

Considering it would be made that way.

Strife likes this.
  3. Drithyl

Drithyl Phantasmal Quasar

Hey, I actually love that suggestion! The only problem with it is that it would mean that bigger creatures are always stronger, and smaller ones always weaker (that, or you reward less money for stronger small creatures, which doesn't make much sense).

Ponzai likes this.
  4. Fishbertus

Fishbertus Zeromus

Um, I don't think size effects richness.

Ponzai likes this.
  5. Maplestrip

Maplestrip Existential Complex

In that case, i want to kill a balloon planet. Stab it with a sword and it dies, and because of it's size, it would contain thousands of pixels ; )

Ponzai likes this.
  6. Strife

Strife Existential Complex

I would love to do the same thing ... but simply to hear the loud *POP* noise.

Then dance in the shower of multi-colored pixel confetti.

Yes. A dance in space. It shall happen.

Call it the Spaceship Shuffle?

Ponzai and Maplestrip like this.
  7. Fishbertus

Fishbertus Zeromus

Every lightyear we're shuf -uffling!

Ponzai likes this.
  8. Maplestrip

Please get back on topic guys =P

9. Fishbertus

Fishbertus Zeromus

That was because it was a reply to a post about pixels, which are the currency.

10. Fishbertus

Fishbertus Zeromus

Wow, that's a cool fun fact.

11. Maplestrip

Didn't know that, pretty cool and explains a lot ;P

12. Marsgreekgod

Marsgreekgod Big Damn Hero

Logicly there shouldn't juts be one type of money, but thats not very fun for gameplay.

(also there clearly is one type of money in the game and screenshots, and already likely has a name)

13. Maplestrip

I think it would be very fun if there are quite a few different coins, which can be worth more or less. There would be a coin you'd use the most, but the different valuta should be somewhat equally used and have logically spread...

14. Hostail

Hostail Pangalactic Porcupine

I don't know really.... It can get quite messy with several types of currencies. And if there can't be one, there have to be lots more. Maybe if there would be some kind of factions and such each one could use their own currency but with certain planets/NPCs have their own then it can become really messy to keep up with all the currency names and changes in value.

Also the name of the currency is Pixels I believe.

15. iblob

iblob Big Damn Hero

Well in space you are going to have some form of currency.
    But maybe the tribes will be more intrested in trading for goods rather than money.

Maplestrip likes this.
  16. jaxter0987

jaxter0987 Big Damn Hero

I don't think there will be multiple currencies. That would just over complicate things.

17. Maplestrip

It has to be done right, though. If done wrong, it will effect the game in an extremely negative way. I would love this to be used in the game, but it might be a better idea if they wouldn't.
    this, however... ;)

18. jaxter0987

jaxter0987 Big Damn Hero

You're right and I actually do hope that they try to implement it. We'll find out if it works after the Beta Tests.