1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Discussion Another Server Memory Leak? Why such Linux Hate?

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Bacon, Mar 10, 2014.

1. OmnipotentEntity

OmnipotentEntity Code Monkey Forum Administrator

Just pointing this out. Windows and Linux measures CPU usage differently. 500% means it's using 5 cores at 100%, which it actually may need if you're running several worlds at the same time. It kinda depends on what's going on in the worlds. A max load average of 5 isn't that high unless you have less than 5 cores...

2. Yes, we have 8 cores (i7), but i find incredible odd, 1 player can use up to 2 Cores at 100%, sometimes we have 30 players with 40-50% CPU usage, and from sudden it can be using all 8 cores with simply 10 players online... it's very star-cpuBound! For us is not a normal usage when we ran before many other game servers as MC, and have one general idea how resource intensive this things can be, i guess optimization will fix that as development goes on.

3. SolSoCoG

SolSoCoG Astral Cartographer

I lately stopped hosting since the minute im starting the server, with barely 3 People on: 3 cores 100% and 24gb RAM usage, that looked too much of a resources waste. Good luck in fixing.

4. Sadly we got recently with the problem of the "Universe.dat" file corrupt again, i believe this is because how common is linux to crash, but it only happens after more than 1 month with the server running, bigger file? The thing is the server takes up 30 Minutes to recover the actual file, what causes complicated downtime.

No way to improve that?