Animal care. Want to make them happy.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alphapharmer, May 25, 2017.

1. Alphapharmer

Alphapharmer Subatomic Cosmonaut

does going outside affect their happiness? Also if you leave the barn door open all night, does that affect them in any way? Thanks.

• Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

Yes, it does. Plant grass outside, in a fenced off area, and make sure they have access during the daytime, Spring through Fall, when it doesn't rain. Also, keep heat radiators in the coop and barn. They're essential to maintaining a good mood among your animals. -And pet them once a day.

Don't leave the barn door open at night. And don't let them out unless you have fences. They can easily wander off and never return.

• Charity322

Charity322 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Leaving the barn door open doesn't affect anything badly. And mine have never permanently wandered off without fences.

• Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

I'm glad to hear it--but I have had it happen. And in earlier threads that discussed this issue, a number of other people reported it, as well. Which isn't to say you're wrong, only that it is a very real possibility. And it's a real annoyance to wake up and realize you've lost a happy animal, knowing you've just saved over the last day when they were around.

Last edited: May 25, 2017
          • Magistrella

Magistrella Big Damn Hero

Until the last patch this had nothing to do with the open door, but the happiness roll over bug that only was fixed recently. If animals were petted and had outside grass to reach maximum happiness for the day, staying up after 6pm rolled their happiness over to negatives. Since the patch was out not one of my animals had a grumpy reaction for me, even when leaving the door open consecutive days of rain or storm. Chance given i only have 20 of them, it should've happened at least a couple of times now, considering how often it happened pre bug-fix :/

• Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

I was referring to the latter part of Charity322's comment:

...when I wrote about farm animals, "And in earlier threads that discussed this issue, a number of other people reported it, as well. Which isn't to say you're wrong, only that it is a very real possibility. And it's a real annoyance to wake up and realize you've lost a happy animal, knowing you've just saved over the last day when they were around."

Last edited: May 26, 2017