Androbot v2.1

Discussion in 'The Monster Monster Contest' started by aiMarz, Mar 6, 2012.

1. aiMarz

aiMarz Big Damn Hero

Just to give everyone a head's up, added the drawing of the 4-legged more "animal-like" version of the androbot as requested. Stay tuned for either more drawings this week or if I can get better at it, more pixel art. Let me know what you think of the 4-legged varieties.

It doesn't look like it Ego, because I'm still getting some finer adjustments on the 4-legged versions, but that is a shotgun on the first one's back. ;)

2. Narutoman

Narutoman Void-Bound Voyager

Wow, just wow, its very creative and awsome!!

3. Ego_Tank

Ego_Tank Astral Cartographer

YES!!!! i like shotguns... :rofl:

4. aiMarz

aiMarz Big Damn Hero

Thanks Narutoman. Have you entered anything into the contest yet? I'll have to scope it out. Much appreciated though. :)

And yes Ego_Tank, who doesn't like Shotguns? My favorite weapon to use in Fallout 3 and New Vegas :-D

5. Narutoman

yes i have, its shit lol

6. aiMarz

aiMarz Big Damn Hero

Creativity comes in many forms, let Chucklefish be the judge and don't be so hard on yourself. What is the link, I'll go and check it out :)

7. Narutoman

8. Ego_Tank

Ego_Tank Astral Cartographer

9. A.N.T.I.

A.N.T.I. Spaceman Spiff

This reminds me of myself, very well done.

10. aiMarz

aiMarz Big Damn Hero

See, it's very creative Narutoman, keep up the practice and you will get there. I use to draw every single day and it took a while before I started noticing what things worked and what things didn't work. :)

We aren't bashing each other Ego, he was just being down on himself and he actually has a very creative submission :)

Reminds you of you? The stand up version or the 4 legged version? *lol* :)

11. aiMarz

aiMarz Big Damn Hero

Alright everyone, just wanted to give you a couple of major updates to all 4 images on my first post, please check it out and let me know what you think of the new images and schematics.

12. aiMarz

aiMarz Big Damn Hero

Hey Red, 4-legged version there for your viewing pleasure, also added an internal anatomy for both versions of the unit. Let me know what you think.

I may come up with a slightly heavier model for your viewing pleasure if I get some time... :)

13. Red Space Monkey

Red Space Monkey Phantasmal Quasar

Holy crap, you put a lot of effort into the internal anatomy, also the 4-legged version looks nice, I imagined it more like a spider or a crab to be honest, but this way it seems more agile and vicious. =D

14. aiMarz

aiMarz Big Damn Hero

*lol*... Honestly, I got bored last night and wanted to put some more effort into the entry. Thanks though! Yeah, I thought about something a little crazier, but thought it might look more realistic to have the 4-legged version :)

15. Giant Door

Giant Door Space Penguin Leader

Really nice man, the four-legged version came out great

16. aiMarz

aiMarz Big Damn Hero

Thanks Giant Door, appreciate it. :) I'm trying to get things together and fully together. It's taking some time however. :)

17. Giant Door

Ha, don't stress, I think you've done more than enough. I know some of the other entries are quite daunting, but you got to remember it's about creature conceptual design and not an art competition. Additional work is great and can really flesh out a creation, but if it takes a mountain of artwork and a giant wall of text to explain an idea than one should probably rethink their concept.

What you've done so far is great, you've made the android your own, and your style and randomisation concepts really suit the game you are designing it for... I think you've got the complete package as it is. Worst case scenario, if your creation doesn't win the comp, I still think it would be worth a repost in the suggestions side of this forum.

18. aiMarz

aiMarz Big Damn Hero

Thanks for the comments Giant Door. I appreciate it and I completely agree with you on the submission. Makes sense. Likewise with your submission Giant Door, has a lot of creativity. I think I just want to do a couple of pixel art mockups, unfortunately so far I've had a horrible time with the pixels... Everytime I add one, I want to zoom out and check it out and then make alterations... *lmao*

19. Giant Door

Yeah, pixel art is fidgety.... one wrong pixel can lead to a series of alterations that just completely mess up your design lol. You shouldn't really stress over that either though... I mean part of the fun of winning this contest is getting your design transformed into the Starbound pixel art style, so I'm sure the artists will have their own ideas on how the winning concept should translate. I only did a quick pixel art for my creation just to highlight the difference between the lumpy, grumpy adult and the cheeky younglings, not because I thought it was necessary

20. aiMarz

aiMarz Big Damn Hero

*lol* Very true. :) Well, let's see what the contest holds for us.