Ancient Gateway Procedural Dungeon Bug?

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by trigdaddy0, Jan 1, 2017.

1. trigdaddy0

trigdaddy0 Void-Bound Voyager

For some reason the Bosses are not spawning in the Procedural Dungeons for me. Please see attached SS. I thought it may be related to my 100% Boss Loot Drop Mod, But I turned it off and the problem persists. 4x in a row now, has not worked once. Considering turning off all My mods but concerned it might corrupt the whole file. Please advise!

2. tehcavy

tehcavy Ketchup Robot

Logs file, please.

3. trigdaddy0

There were multiple files so I compressed to ZIP format, please let me know if you want only 1 or 2 specific log files?
    Thanks again so much

Attached Files:

4. tehcavy

tehcavy Ketchup Robot

[08:50:01.858] [Error] Exception while calling script init: (LuaException) Error code 2, [string "/stagehands/bossplanner/bossplanner.lua"]:457: attempt to call a nil value (field 'takeEnd')
    stack traceback:
    [C]: in field 'takeEnd'
    [string "/stagehands/bossplanner/bossplanner.lua"]:457: in global 'bossParametersFromPlan'
    [string "/stagehands/bossplanner/bossplanner.lua"]:90: in function <[string "/stagehands/bossplanner/bossplanner.lua"]:7>

Not a damn clue what this all means. I don't really know anything about LUA, but it appears that game can't generate boss abilities properly. What mods exactly are you using?

5. trigdaddy0

Mod List Reads As Follows: Base Game Assets; Overwatch Mod; Armorsmith; The Spooky Scary Halloween Special; Submarine;Earth's Finest;Ceiling Mounted Sprinkler; Tales of Fallout; Larger Lockers; Foodstack; Extended Songbook; Compact Crops; Ninja's Play Free;Item Frame; Star Wars Gear; XS Mechs - Vehicle Edition; Fridge+; User

Sidenote: I had been running a mod called 100% Boss Loot drop as well but had unsubscribed after suspecting it was the cause, tried another procedural dungeon, and experienced the same bug. I'm not sure if there is some remainder of its scripts that remain in my game world causing the issue.

6. tehcavy

tehcavy Ketchup Robot

Try removing XS Mechs, Halloween Special and Ninja's Play. Not that I suspect those mods, it's just that rest certainly doesn't alter anything related to the issue (100% Loot is a simple trasure pool hack, Foodstack changes only food, Songbook only adds .abc files, Armorsmith pathces player.config to give recipes, rest are simple furniture/item addons.)

7. trigdaddy0

Alright, I will next time I get a chance to play later, and I will post back a report. Thanks so much!

8. trigdaddy0

Ok Just Turned them off. Same thing except I could see glowing purple lights in the center of the Boss room this time - they were never functioning before. Please see attached updated log file

Attached Files:

9. tehcavy

tehcavy Ketchup Robot

Speaking of which, you actually send me backups of old logs. The real log is "starbound.log", not ""starbound.log.1" or something. Can you send me an up-to-date one?

10. trigdaddy0

Is this the correct one? It didn't have "log" in the title like the rest so I overlooked it. Sorry

Attached Files:

11. tehcavy

tehcavy Ketchup Robot

Literally the same. Okay, do this:
    Create new character
    Get your mouse close to char and write in console
    /admin
    /spawnitem shipT3 1
    /spawnitem vaultkey 1
    Use recieved item, go to ancient gateway and use it. Bum-rush (monsters don't damage you if you're in admin mode) to boss room and tell me if boss is here.

12. trigdaddy0

Okay, I have a key but with a new character i don't have fuel or anything. Do I have to play the game to the point where i have fuel for ship or can I bypass that?

13. tehcavy

tehcavy Ketchup Robot

No. Admin mode makes flying (as well as crafting) free, and that "shipT3" item "fixes" FTL. Just find Ancient Gateway ang go inside using the key provided. If you stuck somewhere, you can either cheat enough materials to complete quest for movement techs or just close the instance, spawn another key with command and open a new one.

14. trigdaddy0

OK. Boss did not spawn with new character either

15. tehcavy

tehcavy Ketchup Robot

Allright, now rerun those vaults with that dummy char, while disabling mods one by one on each subsequent run until you see a boss. When you see it, remember the mod you disabled before and then reenable every mod except it. That's the only way to pinpoint the mod that breaks boss generation. The dummy character is a sort of blast shield, you ain't risking anything with them, as opposed to trying to pull that stunt with main toon.

16. trigdaddy0

Ok, thanks! I have a newbie question: Just to be sure, all I need to do in order to disable a Mod is Unsubscribe from it, yes? Thanks!

17. tehcavy

tehcavy Ketchup Robot

Yup.