1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Am I going crazy or is my world shaking?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Hadies237, Sep 13, 2016.

1. Hadies237

Hadies237 Title Not Found

I finally have internet again which means I could download Starbounds Updates! YAY!

I was minding my own business and got down to making my home planet pretty and all of a sudden my game started shaking subtly, I put it off the first time or two but it's happening more often and I'm not sure if I'm going crazy because others I've asked who play say they haven't seen it. It only happens when I'm on a planet not on my ship or in a mission. I've tried searching for this online but I haven't found anything.

am I crazy :nuruconfused: or do your planets shake too? does anybody know why?

2. LordBaconator

LordBaconator Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Sometimes it happens to me when I stop moving. Moving even the tiniest amount makes it go away. I just ignore it since it's clearly an obscure ground collision bug.

3. BlueLeafeon

BlueLeafeon Cosmic Narwhal

This. It's the same thing that causes some kind of weird object vibrating noise when you kill those ugly orange fly-things. (Bobfae, according to the wiki) It's nothing you should be alarmed about. Just move a little and it'll stop.

4. Hadies237

Hadies237 Title Not Found

:nuruflirt: Thanks Guys

5. tehcavy

tehcavy Ketchup Robot

Huh. I thought Ctrl on my keyboard is misbehaving, and now it turns out other people have that too. Speaking of which, pressing Ctrl and releasing it fixes that.

6. Lintton

Lintton Guest

I've been seeing that too! what is it? its too random to be weather...

7. LordBaconator

LordBaconator Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It's just a hitbox error. Your character's hitbox gets dropped a fraction of a pixel into the block you're standing up, just far enough to trigger the unstuck code that tries to push you out of the block. The game constantly thinks you're both in an out of the block so your camera vibrates between both positions.

8. LazerRay

LazerRay Cosmic Narwhal

I get this too some times, usually if I stand too close to an elevation change in blocks (even a 1 block rise or fall) so it might be related to the hit-box glitch like LordBaconator mentioned.

9. Mr T

Mr T Void-Bound Voyager

I get it occasionally. I just assumed it was an in game earthquake.

10. Xen_Glaris

Xen_Glaris Void-Bound Voyager

Space Crew Warning : Do NOT take any drugs or alcohols during space flight. Consider this would help.

Ablekaine likes this.
  11. Mr.PotatoFudge

Mr.PotatoFudge Phantasmal Quasar

Yeh its just ground collision garbage when you stand on the corners/failed corners of blocks

just ignore it

its annoying but meh not worth caring about for now

12. Phantom5582

Phantom5582 Phantasmal Quasar

Are you sure about that? I can't remember if it was pre-release nightly or not, but I recall there being a tremble on the outpost and an NPC commented on it.

Hadies237 likes this.