Modding Discussion Additional Festivals?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Tanpoponoko, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Tanpoponoko

Tanpoponoko Big Damn Hero

I'm very new to this whole modding world, but I'm a long-time Harvest Moon/Rune Factory/Animal Crossing/Stardew fan.

One thing I was really wanting while playing through this game the first time was a few more festivals during the year, maybe one or two per season. Maybe even something fun like a birthday party as well!

I know ZERO about how mods are created, so I apologize if this question is really silly, but is it possible to create new festivals through modding? I am a writer (several novels published, professional work for a company) and I would be more than willing to team up with someone to add some new festivals! I'd be happy to do any and all writing or event planning necessary, but I have no clue about the technical aspect of creating a mod.

Here are my ideas, largely inspired from Harvest Moon games:

1. New Year's Day/drinking contest (Spring 1st)
    Similar to Harvest Moon 64's drinking contest on New Year's day. Every time you speak to someone you cheers and drink. I don't know if it's possible to code in an alcohol tolerance value, but if not this could be done with quizzes from the characters. If you can out drink everyone in town, you get a prize of some sort.
    2. Tea Party (Spring 18th)
    A big tea party in the square with super cute decorations...maybe even dressing up for the characters! You can bring sweets and pass out to the villagers for a boost in FP/LP. Perhaps a little musical number happens at the end (Abigail on flute, Elliot on piano, etc.)
    3. Lantern Festival/tanabata (Summer 7)
    Everyone meets at the river to float bamboo boats down the river. You can choose someone to float a boat with for a boost of FP/LP. As you float the boat, you can make a wish for money (small boost of g), getting along with everyone (boost of FP for all villagers), love (another boost of LP with the single person who loves you most or your spouse), farming success (all crops in your field become ripe), etc. Maybe you have to do something skill based really quick to make it come true.
    4. Fireworks festival (Summer 20th)
    Meet at the beach to watch fireworks. You can ask anyone in the village to be your watching partner for a boost in FP. Maybe some fun summer festival type games, buyables, or a swimming contest!
    5. Moon Viewing (Autumn 10th)
    A date festival. You ask your desired bachelor/ette the day before to meet you at night the next day. The two of you enjoy a picnic while watching the moon.
    6. Oktoberfest (Autumn 4th)
    Maybe a fun twist on the Thanksgiving festival from past games where you pass out wine/beer/drinks instead of cakes.
    7. Star Shower Night (Winter 19th)
    Meet up in the meadow to watch a meteor shower, star fruits are for sale, etc.
    8. New Year's Eve (Winter 28th)
    You have a choice of three locations (the saloon, the square, somewhere in nature) to join a party of some of the villagers. You can invite anyone at the party to watch the sunrise with you.
    9. Birthday party for MC
    You get a surprise party on your birthday! If the villagers have high enough FP you will get presents.
    10. Horse Race (fall/spring)
    Don't know if this would be possible at all, but it would be like horse races from previous Harvest Moon games.

I'm also open to any ideas! Let me know if you are interested!

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
      Rosalie, IronZelly and xangria like this.
    • xangria

xangria Subatomic Cosmonaut

For New Year's Day, perhaps it could be a guaranteed lucky day (if you have control over that), and maybe some kind of custom item for each New Year. For example, this year is the year of the rooster, so it would be a rooster themed item (furniture?). There would need to be 12 it total, I believe. That's just an initial thought I had. Also, my only concern with that would be having a festival on the first day of spring, which is a huge planting day. It would probably be better celebrated on the 2nd of spring.

• Coolwyngs

Coolwyngs Giant Laser Beams

This sounds amazing and I hope it will be made.

• HopeWasHere

HopeWasHere Existential Complex

That sounds great, would be nice to also have a horse race festival mini game like in Harvest Moon

• Belethine

Belethine Title Not Found

I don't use mods in my game but it would be great getting all that done. Something I definitely love about this type of games is festivals. Good luck! ^^

• HopeWasHere

HopeWasHere Existential Complex

You know, for some of the smaller ones, where the main character doesn't need to interact as much (like ones where the player is mostly watching something) you could make those events really easily with: http://www.nexusmods.com/stardewval...ey/ajax/moddescription/?id=889&preview=&pUp=1
              I'm not sure the extent of the events you could create, but if it were a date event I'm sure you could easily set up the highest ranked bachelor or bachelorette to ask you on a date, then have a second event where the two of you watch fireworks/the sunrise/the meteor shower

IronZelly and Belethine like this.