1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Access violation error: Can't play game! :(

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by DrBob3002, Dec 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knavt

Knavt Void-Bound Voyager

We need more "same problem" in this topic

2. PackOfHighly

PackOfHighly Seal Broken

Uninstall all your audio drivers again and install UNi but selecting C-Media Panel as shown below:

[​IMG]

XcaninoX likes this.
  3. deadmeat1471

deadmeat1471 Space Spelunker

No fix for this yet?

I tried antivirus, I tried run as admin on all files and steam, i tried reinstalling. Nothing.

4. Morman10yrngkoyou

Morman10yrngkoyou Void-Bound Voyager

Hey have you tried making your sound quality too 16 bit? Idk if works or not but it worked for skyrim!

Edit: Starbound did not work before and I am going too test if it works!

Edit Again: I ran server as administrator and it worked! Windows 7 32 bit

Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
  5. VenomIreland

VenomIreland Yeah, You!

Still no luck, unfortunately.

6. Anderan

Anderan Orbital Explorer

The UNi drivers appear to have been the issue for me. After Switching to C-Media Panel the game launches without issue.

7. Asway

Asway Space Hobo

8. drkcid

drkcid Big Damn Hero

I tryed that on Win7 x64, and It works. Important: change the 3 files and use compatiibility mode for: Windows 7 + Run the program with administration priveledges for all users

TY

9. Jman1177

Jman1177 Void-Bound Voyager

Doesn't work for me :(

What does this have to do with audio drivers? They're not mentioned anywhere in the error?

10. lukafin1357

lukafin1357 Space Hobo

Same problem but I'm on Windows Xp

ScoudyDePirate and vancity604 like this.
  11. 0bj4ct7

0bj4ct7 Void-Bound Voyager

I have a siliar issue. It seems to work when it decides to have mercy on me, while i try random combintions of Steam/admin mode/compatibilites.
    It never works the first time, works after a few failures, often with differing error messages. Once it goes past the port forwarding bs it works well.

Windows 8 64 bit, Asus N75SF (laptop)

12. nachtmahr2

nachtmahr2 Space Hobo

I have Windows 8.1 64 bit and the same problem like most of the people here. As soon as I click on "Launch Starbound server" a cmd window pops up and after some computing I receive two error messages:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What I tried to fix it:
    - go to the Starbound folder, set the following files with compatibility mode (Windows 7): launcher.exe, starbound.exe, starbound_opengl.exe
    - setting all the files mentioned to run as administrator
    - change starbound.exe to starbound_old.exe and starbound_opengl.exe to starbound.exe
    - close steam before running the launcher with administration rights

Nothing helped, it still gives me these error messages.

13. Misszov

Misszov Void-Bound Voyager

Yesterday before today update my game was freezing at Chucklefish logo, but after this update I get an error:

Acces Violation detected at 0x77c23509(Read of address 0)

The game is at *loading* screen and when I press OK at this error thing I get second error same as these guys before and then C++ Runtime error

14. Shmong

Shmong Void-Bound Voyager

It's not necessary, at all. I have UniXonar drivers with "original" panel and all working fine. Card is HDAV 1.4 Deluxe
    Your win7 is hm.... official? Why i'am asking: unofficial Win7 x64 have the problem, it cannot approve the administration priveledges for user without "Run as administrator" button and UAC off.

15. reffere23

reffere23 Space Hobo

same

16. nachtmahr2

nachtmahr2 Space Hobo

yes it is official, and it's Windows 8.1 (as I said in my post). I just let it run in Windows 7 compatibility because in one post it was mentioned that it could solve the problem.

17. RMJ

RMJ Void-Bound Voyager

damn its starting to piss me off, just a little bit :p

Running Windows 7 x64

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
  18. ledskof

ledskof Space Hobo

Edit: I got it working by turning on UAC after SweFox tested it out: http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/people-with-violation-error-please-read.39151/

---------------

Still broken

Windows 8.1 x64
    16GB
    AMD 7970 Catalyst 13.9
    ASUS Xonar Essence STX

Still happening even after trying Run As Administrator with and without Windows 7 compatibility, with and without these settings being applied to all users.

I saw in another thread someone saying that it was run as administrator causing their problems, as they too have UAC turned off and have everything set to run as administrator all the time. So I tried creating a non administrator user without those settings, and it still has all these problems. I tried run as administrator as that user as well with the compatibility settings combinations above on and off for that user.

I even tried runas /trustlevel:0x20000 for each executable, and tried just launching from a cmd window opened with this trustlevel. Nada.

I'm glad some of these things work for other people, but definitely not working for me.

The one thing that I haven't attempted yet is turning on UAC. It's such a huge pain in the ass to have it on and breaks some of the other things that I do... I really should try it but... eh

Any other ideas to try?

Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
  19. Suicidesam

Suicidesam Space Hobo

Did re-installing work?

20. SweFox

SweFox Guest

ledskof likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.