Modding Help [Solved] About packing part...

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Shadox2.0, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

Edit : Solved ^^ can be closed.
    thx @The | Suit for helping me.

Hello , so following the old topic (it was a true mess because many problem was mentioned , some was solved and some other wasnt spotted yet) , si finally i only need to pack 2 folders ("fridge" and "minifridge") , i've only replace .png file files with same name and pixel size.

So my first problem , if i try :

"win32\asset_packer.exe" "UnpackedAssets" "Glitchfridge1.0.pak"
    -from the "starbound" folder (with "Unpackedasset" folder in it)
    it pack the full folder of unpackedasset (infact its logic) but it's not the goal , so i've try :

"win32\asset_packer.exe" "fridge" "Glitchfridge1.0.pak"
    - from the "human" folder (with "fridge" folder in it)
    It don't find the path x(

So with the same step and with same kind of location (i mean 1 folder above) it don't work same and i don't know why.

My second problem (its maybe not a problem) , is the followinng : i need t opack 2 folder in 1 mod (fridge+minifridge) , how can i do that please ?

In the worst case i can host them on a site like mega and someone should pack it for me ?

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
  2. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Where did you learn to pack?
    None of that is right.

I suggest starting here,
    http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/unofficial-modding-ebook-2-0.2930/

3. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

With the tutorial

I've use this tuto , but it wasnt good , so after help from an older topic i've make sooner, i've try "win32\asset_packer.exe" "UnpackedAssets" "test.pak" (from starbound folder) and it was correct and packed (and was ok IG too) , but now the same things dont work.

I've already donwload the modding ebook before starting anythings but like in all in english and fairly technical i dont understand anything :/

Edit , i've also try using a modpack helper like you suggest me in another topic , but it wasnt good too , its why i try again with command.

4. The | Suit

Just try - there are examples on how to pack.
    It is written in a way you follow along and make the mod while you read it.

Something tells me the way you're modding is not right.
    There are example mods at the end of each chapter - to see if you did everything properly.

5. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

I dont know how it can be wrong :
    1 i unpack asset
    2 from the unpacked asset i open every .png file from "fridge" folder and "minifridge" folder (located in object/human) on paint.net
    3 i change texture like wanted but i keep the same name and same pixel size when i save them (for avoid problem)

Then from here it follow the first post above , it mean that :

"win32\asset_packer.exe" "UnpackedAssets" "Glitchfridge1.0.pak"
    -from the "starbound" folder (with "Unpackedasset" folder in it)
    it pack the full folder of unpackedasset (infact its logic) but it's not the goal , so i've try :

"win32\asset_packer.exe" "fridge" "Glitchfridge1.0.pak"
    - from the "human" folder (with "fridge" folder in it)
    It don't find the path

So i think the issue is the packing part , not the modding (but i'm sure of nothing infact i'm lost lol) , i'll check again the ebook

Edit2 : ok , from page 15 i've copy past an example (and ofc modify it) , and the command was :

"D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Starbound\win32\asset_packer.exe" "D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Starbound\UnpackedAssets\objects\human\fridge" "D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Starbound\mods\medievalfridge.pak"

Seem to work i'll start the game for see that IG but the main problem seem solved , i'll keep this command in sigh for learn it.

Edit 3 : Package is good but dont work in game (still display defaut skin) , i'll investigate , i've already get this problem before and i'm not sure how i've solv it , but if i've find once i can again x) , i'll check that.

Also how i should do if i need to pack 2 folder in 1 mod please ? , i need to pack them one by one then merge together or i think we have a command with name of both in it ?.

ps sorry for smiley i dont know how to disabled them.

6. The | Suit

You noticed how you learned something when you actually read the book?
    I suggest actually reading it completely - and not giving up so easily.

All your doubts will be answered by actually completing all the tutorials.

7. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

I dont doubt about the tutorial itself , but about my knowledge in english , i progress but slowly ^^'

8. The | Suit

Once you learn something - I suggest writing a tutorial in your own native language.
    That way you can help more users - who are facing equal difficulty.

Shadox2.0 likes this.
  9. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

infact after my first faillure of medieval fridge i've stop for help others while changing their .png file and posting them back totheir topic (like the copper skin for mecharaknid , glitch boat for colorful boat mod some little things like that) , but now i try again , of cours if i've have enought skill for make it (and not only as a dirty edit like i try atm) i'll make a tutorial in french , i'll be glad to help ^^

edit : "if" was missing in my last sentence xD

10. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

Ok , after reading and some try it begin to work (and as standalone , not as placeholder ^^) , so i've done the test flashlight and work IG

So yeah i've mix step between dirty edit and standalone mod step , i've also make a .metadata file (didnt made it before so it should explain some fail...)

and guess what ; we did it ! :party:

[​IMG]

Now i'll try again on the minifridge (ive the .png since some time too) ^^
    (edit i've try with my mods compil (around50 mods) and it work well too , so i think share it on the site soon :p (after working enough on the recipe part ^^))

Thx you so much for your help.

(after minifridge done i'll try to merge them in 1 mod , and for tutorial i'll see after training because i didnt create all file myself (yet) , but about the translation it shouldnt be too hard to do).

The | Suit likes this.
  11. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

Nice new , i've merge the medieval fridge and the medieval mini firdge in 1 mod and seem to work too , now the recipe part and this topic will be closed soon ^^

Edit : Ok it work , not sure if its about the learnBPonpickup but its in the crafting list with correct mats.

[​IMG]

If you want the recipe to be learned after a user finds a specific item, this is the best way to go. Simply add the line,
    "learnBlueprintsOnPickup" : [ "example", "example", "example" ]
    This will allow the user to learn the recipe after picking up that item.

But where i need to add it ? in the metadata or the player.config ?

Also it work like this ?
    "learnBlueprintsOnPickup" : [ "frozenwater", "ice", "iceblock", "icemachine", "snowflake", "smallsnowflake", "giantsnowflake", "snow", "snowball", "mediumsnowball", "largesnowball", "fancysnowman", "snowman", "giganticsnowball", "cryonicextract" ]

I've mark the topic as solved , you can close it if you want ^^
    Thx you very much.

Last edit ^^ , mod posted Thanks again ^^