1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

About Old racial weapon ?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Shadox2.0, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

So yeah , i'm begin to be a little upset , because since MANY updates , we don't see anymore racial weapon AT ALL !

And it's a true problem for a treasure hunter , so anyone have see them since some month ?
    for example http://starbounder.org/Glitch_Large_Mace or http://starbounder.org/Glitch_Small_Mace or http://starbounder.org/Crossbow ?

It also the same problem for avian http://starbounder.org/Avian_Heavy_Blaster for example or floran http://starbounder.org/Floran_Mace , infact EVRY racial weapon , reallly , chuckelefish , WHY ?! x(

It was fun for as a glitch to stay with crossbow for range (and it was a true joy when finding a magic crossbow) , schield and little mace or big mace , but since some updates i'm forced to use every kind of weapon , of cours it help but its not the same things and about RP its not the same things at all...

If never someone have a mod or something like that , please share the link...

-a sad glitch

Sock_Bunny and LilyV3 like this.
  2. LaDestitute

LaDestitute Subatomic Cosmonaut

I think they were removed from the current build or at least disabled, due to them being copies of essentially the same weapon type (identical stats), save for name and graphic.

STCW262 likes this.
  3. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

Yeah maybe but in the lore Glitch are against technology developemnt (so its why they was "stuck" to crossbow for range for example) , so now when i see a glitch knight with a machine gun im a little confused....

Mistah Pug likes this.
  4. IronSquid501

IronSquid501 Void-Bound Voyager

I'm going to be VERY upset if they don't bring back dungeon/race-specific weapons. The variation from each dungeon - Avian temples giving you awesome Blasters and Avian Spears and Swords, Prisons giving you makeshift weapons and Uzis, Apex labs giving you lightning weapons, USCM Bunkers giving you pulse rifles, etc.
    It gave me a good reason to go dungeon diving, I knew I would find a weapon that I wanted in that type of dungeon and if I looked through enough I'd eventually find the perfect one. I was devastated when I woke up and my collection of Avian blasters and swords was replaced with normal weapons.
    There's also way less variety in weapons, now. No more plasma assault rifles or spike bomb grenade launchers, no more hollowpoint bullets or laser weapons. Now it's bullets or one of four elements that all work pretty much the same, and one of a few "special" abilities if it's a 2h weapon.. They're so damn boring.

Needless to say, the combat update was my least favourite update, because it removed more than it added.

5. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

Yeah i must agree with you , even if i find magic staff awesome (aoe heal and things like that) , but yeah the older race weapon drop was so much better , if never they didnt bring them back i'll may search to go back in the game version until someone make a mod for "fix" that...

Sock_Bunny likes this.
  6. LaDestitute

LaDestitute Subatomic Cosmonaut

Actually, from what I've read via official in-game lore, the halt in their progression was an accident and...an error, if you will, strictly speaking.

7. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

OK be even before the MM was a good tool , i was only with pickaxe , never a drill , for glitch-fun you know x)

8. STCW262

STCW262 Heliosphere

Well, they supposedly didn't use Pixels but they use them by the time the game starts, and it is implied that they simply are stuck in the simulation and unable to technologically progress by themselves, but there's nothing preventing them from buying guns elsewhere.

9. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

Think the only ones I have ever seen from those are the blaster & the crossbow in the old versions. Not to mention the needler. Floran had a special mace? didn't know that. Never got any type of mace before in the old versions. Did get folding chairs and uzis and pulse rifles though.

So more or less I do miss those special weapons. The main one I miss having is the crossbows, as I loved that over any gun I could find short of a sniper.

There are some laser weapons. My sniper I currently have is laser, even has the sound for it. Granted its' 2nd is just marked shot which only slows & about 3/4 max damage or something like that when used; beyond the obvious marking target thing. It is non-elemental, so no element attached.

Although still i do agree with the missing of racial weapons. I haven't seen any at all, not even the human bunker; which I think was taken out?! Unsure... Just have not seen one and don't feel like looking in the assets just yet till I am going to mod myself a personal mod. Regardless some of those weapons could essentially enter the treasure pool in the chests we find in those dungeons. The last floran one I been in was small and only had 2 chests compared to the 3 of larger ones, and I really didn't get anything... I think the only weapon I got was yet another bloody rocket launcher. Something I personally don't like using. At least I got a nifty glove in box somewhere. I wouldn't mind if they were set as rare drops in the treasure pool of specific type of dungeons.

Would make for going to specific ones more... feasible beyond vanity. I like the vanity items, but miss the racial things. I hope at least a good portion comes back. Especially those folding chairs & crossbows.

I guess I see if I can find an upgrade to me spear for the time being... Never thought finding an upgrade could be so difficult. I don't find too many spears, but just could be the planets I am going to; the universe is a pretty big place. :nurutease:

10. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

I've see a folding chair in a weapon crafting table (mod) , but nothing about racial weap.

11. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

mm... Still not default, is what I am referring to. I mean I could if I wanted do a mod for the racial weapons, but haven't interest to make mod of that type; as I am more going to eventually make a personal mod that makes many of the furniture/object items craftable, including ones that have been already done in other ways. I have a specific way in mind. Regardless it is nice to know there is a mod for that one. :nuruhappy:

12. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

Yeah but it mean chair are still in game , but about glitch weap for exemple , i havent any proof.

13. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

I have old assets just in case if it comes down to it.... Only way to know is to look at the assets which I haven't just yet. Probably won't till I am ready to make my personal mod. So it is up in the air whether they are in game or not. Hopefully the content is still there so it would be able to make the modding part more smooth.

Of course the way I would go about modding it is to add it to the treasure pool of specific dungeon treasure pools. Crafting them seems... a bit too far. That would be something I have not learned to mess with even with the old way of modding. I only so far know of the recipe type of the old way, which I am sure I can pick up quickly. Regardless one day I'll see or someone else will note. Which ever comes first. The only people that may know would be the modders & CF.

14. BrianUK

BrianUK Void-Bound Voyager

I, too, am at a loss as to why we lack racial weapons at all. They were a pretty inoffensive set of weapons, and so what if they were identical in stats? Variety has gone down the pan in favour of what?

Sock_Bunny and ladyKAE like this.
  15. STCW262

STCW262 Heliosphere

I guess they'll be readded once CF figures out how to make them unique.

16. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

I hope you say right
    --- Post updated ---

Infact i'm almost sure it was intentional because when they study history , they conclude by technology = self-destruction , so IMO they choice to stop their progress for protect themselve.

17. [curly] servo

[curly] servo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

no, they're specifically explained to be "glitched" into a certain part of the simulation in technology which is why they don't progress.

18. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

Infact we both have right :

"The Glitch were part of a program invented and built by an unknown race of enormous intelligence as a means of simulating the social and technological progress of a non-human civilization.

These experiments took place in a vast number of regions across the universe. Despite changing a plethora of variables, each civilization eventually destroyed itself when its technological progression began to overtake its social progression. The only exception was the Glitch.

For reasons unknown a fault caused the Glitch to become stuck early in the simulation, where they now remain. The experiment long abandoned, the Glitch are unable to shake their medieval values and beliefs. They're entirely unaware of their origin and are built to experience feelings and desires, like all other sentient organisms."