1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

About lack of challenge and guns in Offended Koala version.

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by UnLoque, Dec 21, 2013.

1. UnLoque

UnLoque Tentacle Wrangler

Why not? The character can craft a distress beacon, but cannot make a flintlock pistol? Come on.
    And if you don't like the general idea of running around with gun on such an early stage of the game, then you can just pretend that one item doesn't exist for you, ;)
    Except for that, i didn't say it should be available right after start of the game. I could be a tier 1-end item. ;)
    And last but not least - say no to the image of Novakid with a bow!

If it's about balancing guns - completely agree.

2. Ramza Wyvernjack

Ramza Wyvernjack Subatomic Cosmonaut

If we don't talk about it being too hard or too easy.
    ...How will devs know what to try and change and experiment with?
    If no one says nothing, how can they make the game better?

3. janovick

janovick Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Try double fast 1-handed swords. Quite good, IMHO.

4. nyanlord

nyanlord Void-Bound Voyager

Its ore.

5. Namemeana

Namemeana Orbital Explorer

About the Sector difficulty: (Minor spoilers btw)
    The first 4 tiers/sectors each have the level 1, 2, 3, 4 respectively for their planets but upon reaching sector 5, sector X, that pattern was discontinued, I could visit planet levels 5-10 in that sector which weird-ed me out due to the normal progression of the game and suddenly switching it up, I'm sure that each level is planned for a new sector that isn't designed yet or some other purpose that I can not conceive. It was just...strange that they would make that system and then break it in sector X. As such I think that the tier 1 levels should be 1-3, tier 2: 4-6, etc. mainly so that progression does not break, but again this is assuming they do not have anything planned for those extra levels in sector X which they most likely do. Personally, to be honest, I do not really care what they do with the difficulty, (as long as they don't revert to that 1-hit-a-palooza again, I really didn't like that because defense was almost literally pointless.) but it dose feel like I could progress really really fast through the game at the current state, potentially too fast.

As for the Bow/Guns:
    "I say we handle this Blood Dragon style, color the bow and the arrows neon so it looks sci-fi, do the same with the pick ax, just say it like: 'A plasma pick ax, it has to be powered by certain minerals, those minerals will color the actual pick and make it stronger, like a light saber' so we can call both of them sci-fi." all joking aside though, I would like to be able to craft guns, or at least get guns from enemies that actually use guns, that would be nice. However there is still potential in the bow if it was tweaked a bit to... uh... fire different kinds of arrows maybe? Though that sounds like something for a mod not the official game, but still could be done to make the bow more interesting if needed.

(And yes I HAVE been playing a lot of FarCry 3/Blood Dragon recently due to steam sales as you probably realized from the Bow/Gun section. *Shhh*)

6. MyLittleBurger

MyLittleBurger Scruffy Nerf-Herder

No, you were correct in your assumption that they are going to have one threat level per sector (which honestly seems a little meh to me). Sector X just has things from the other tiers that aren't done yet shoved into it. That being said, they posted in one of the news updates (in a list on what they wanted to eventually get done) that at some point the galaxy map will eventually be one big one where you start off in alpha sector, and craft the map upgrades to unlock other sectors on the map. Though to be honest having a single threat level per sector just sort of makes having two armor tiers pointless, as you usually can quickly make the first one then move on to the more important one for that tier.