1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

about 20 planets and 1 dungeon??? not very common

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by carmrawr, Dec 5, 2013.

1. carmrawr

carmrawr Space Hobo

are dungeons meant to be rare or are we just having bad luck?

2. Delusions

Delusions Orbital Explorer

possibly surface dungeons, however are you going to very small planets and circling all the way around?
    Try going to extreamly large planets(I would imagine large planets have more generated overall and higher chances of surface ones).
    Ive seen a number of people in dungeons are quite large size in various streams.

3. Black ★ Rock Shooter

Black ★ Rock Shooter Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

I have a dungeon on my very first planet filled with guys who like to knock me off cliffs.

4. Grannatz

Grannatz Aquatic Astronaut

My first planet had a Egyptian themed dungeon. The problem is, a lot of them had snipers that one-shot me and it was on the other side of the planet. Took like 5 minutes to get there. Also, the only treasure it had in it was some valuable statues. My planet has no merchants though D:

5. Avatar_Of_Shibby

Avatar_Of_Shibby Astral Cartographer

My starter planet had a robot bunker themed dungeon. I still haven't gotten very far into it because there is a guy with a machine gun that murders me.

6. Delusions

I was told you couldnt sell anything to NPCs, only buy. So im not sure if that would of helped you

7. Grannatz

Grannatz Aquatic Astronaut

Oh. Well, that dungeon was VERY useless than and a LARGE waste of my time.

8. Black ★ Rock Shooter

Black ★ Rock Shooter Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

One guy in my dungeon dropped a giant poisonous bastard sword that two-shots anything on this planet so I got something nice out of it.

9. Delusions

Some dungeons are far more visual and intended for salvaging decorations, some have a large supply of pixel capsules, some have a chest puzzly theme with a tech. Grats on that sword.

10. Osmedirez

Osmedirez Phantasmal Quasar

Apex town, for instance, is also a 'dungeon' as far as I can tell. I'm finding at least one 'structure' per planet that may or may not be a dungeon. On the surface, that is. Underground is a whole 'nother thing, seems to be a random assortmetn of smaller structures/sometimes a dungeon (or you missed it. I imagine a lot of dungeons will go unfound on larger planets, as they can be fairly small and god-knows-where in the layers.