Abandoned Space Stations

Discussion in 'Planets and Environments' started by AirplaneRandy, Jun 10, 2013.

1. cintron45

cintron45 Seal Broken

cool that will be a nice addition

2. wavefunction.e

wavefunction.e Space Penguin Leader

Maybe in addition, have some parts of the space station be a "Disrepair/Hazard" section? These sections would be Exposed to Space, which means you need Protective Gear to pass through?

3. wavefunction.e

What if, when orbiting a moon, the teleporter beamed you to the Space Station instead? Kind of like a "Technical Malfunction"?:)

Naun likes this.
  4. wavefunction.e

Okay, here goes:)

I know that when I first found Starbound, one of the ideas that I really liked was the HQ-like Spacestation(hopefully I got that right. It's been a long time)
    Is it possible to add it to the area with the Asteroids?
    Other ideas might include:
    -Space Station Sections with 'holes' Exposing it to space, and needing Protective gear, (i.e. a 'tech' item/helmet/armor.)
    -'Technical Malfunctions'? When trying to beam down to a Planet that has a Space Station in orbit, Your Teleporter might beam you to the Space Station instead?
    -Unique lore for the Space Station? like "Captain's Log" kind of stuff.

Another cool idea I've seen mentioned, is the idea(which would be Really Interesting for PvP) is the idea that Space Stations could be 'Owned' By different Clans/Factions/Groups. Also the idea of Space Stations being sort of like Trading Ports?

Phew! I think I'm done:)
    Regardless of Whether you do any of this or not, Thank you for making an already Awesome Game!:up:;)

IcyPretzel and Thetis101 like this.
  5. Thetis101

Thetis101 Void-Bound Voyager

Loving these ideas! How about getting a distress call from your ship which opens the quest to take you there (If you have enough fuel) Then EVERYTHING else you guys/gals say happens :O

wavefunction.e likes this.
  6. EdwardVersaii

EdwardVersaii Space Hobo

This could be likened to the book "Death Troopers"
    Great book- abandoned space station

7. dante2070

dante2070 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

so i found this in the files in Starbound\assets\ships\human there are 4 pics i photo shop together at it seems promising

Attached Files:

Ttamage likes this.
  8. iceman152015

iceman152015 Yeah, You!

9. Seven Dollers

Seven Dollers Poptop Tamer

Sounds like fun.
    Question: Why only abandoned? Why not occupied once as well? Finding populations, especially to trade with is a pretty boring process, space stations with people would streamline that process a lot, while at the same time giving you the expectation that a station will have people, when really it could just have horrible death monsters.

Naun likes this.
  10. Amaru

Amaru Void-Bound Voyager

What I think would be cool for a space station is, a place you can fill up your intergalactic gas tank for a price so you dont have to keep chopping down trees, or digging for other so not deadly items like uranium, witch you so could touch in with your hands, (( there should be a glow effect with that :rofl: ))

The other idea I like with space stations and my friends who play the game agrees, have a community station, where people can live and store items off world with rooms with ID slots, so only you can enter. and or spaceship upgrades or even skirmishes, if not with your own ship but as a mini game and people can bet who wins and may earn a little money on the side. (( mini game is a long stretch on a station I know but its just a thought))

What I think would be cool is a star chart, at a station of known places that has villages or merchants, after someone finds one a notice pops up do you want to send this information to Star base, 1146 gamma data cluster? Or what ever you name the place, you can even sale the info or give it away your choice.

Naun and Ttamage like this.
  11. Axius85

Axius85 Void-Bound Voyager

Why not add abandoned spaceships and stations, both of which could be selected in a system like planets are?

Granted it's all a bit Space Hulk-esque but it would be good.

12. lightofthefuture

lightofthefuture Subatomic Cosmonaut

It's a good idea to have space stations, both abandoned and operational.

13. Cheshireman

Cheshireman Poptop Tamer

METROID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sean649 and Ttamage like this.
  14. Cruxifer

Cruxifer Subatomic Cosmonaut

Here I was about to make a thread on this very subject. I think the suggestion is BRILLIANT! Encountering a gigantic derelict space station locked in orbit around a planet would be awesome. There is an endless possibility of randomly generated ships that could appear and any number of threatening stellar type creatures one could encounter. Even those dreadful plagues on the galaxy, Florans, could be the culprits. They seem to be in the habit of infesting and "zerging" into just about everything them come into contact with.

15. Jimbob Jones

Jimbob Jones Yeah, You!

or it could just be completely abandoned except for security bots, and you go out of you ship to find them and get loot from the stations

16. John Titor

John Titor Intergalactic Tourist

Your gifs....... SO AWESOME!

17. frostybubbles

frostybubbles Scruffy Nerf-Herder

thanks! I don't know why they're cut off at t he bottom like they are..

18. XxMechTechxX

XxMechTechxX Space Spelunker

I HAD THE SAME EXACT IDEA. In certain galaxies ,where you can select the planet you can also select a crashed spaceship. you should be able to get ship upgrades from these ships. And there should be enemies specific to these ships like necromorphs (Dead Space)

19. Sisel

Sisel Master Chief

How about a huge abandoned\destroyed spaceships, spacestations. shuttles and etc. in space (like USG Ishimura from game Dead Space)? Ships with side-quests like relaunch engine or save crew or something else with puzzles. Also make them really dangerous: lack of light (you can use only flashlight or flares); you can't build anything during this misson; traps; a lot of creepy monsters on board and mini-boss.
    This idea sound like a big dungeon in space, there's no one can hear you scream...

Ttamage likes this.
  20. Pizzaaw

Pizzaaw Void-Bound Voyager

I would enjoy see abandon wrecked up space station with up to 10 room for servers or personal uses! A have great atmosphere for chilling and view the cosmos in you living room. I know I wish!

Shiho likes this.