Abandoned Space Stations

Discussion in 'Planets and Environments' started by AirplaneRandy, Jun 10, 2013.

1. ThePIT

ThePIT Subatomic Cosmonaut

Uh Oh sounds like Deadspace! I hope it woulnd not be that scary otherwise they would have to rate the game +18 !!! xD

Titanium likes this.
  2. Tectal

Tectal Scruffy Nerf-Herder

As the sky bridge extended towards the ruined remains of the abandoned space station, I tremble in trepidation for what is to come. What will I encounter in this murky wreckage? Zombies? Monsters? Mutations? I linger at each step towards the gaping scar in the station that is the entrance.

And that was when... I upvoted.

Facethelight likes this.
  3. Titanium

Titanium Existential Complex

Oh, that would be lovely! I'm serious, too.
    (I mean, if it was done in a way that wasn't so depressing.)

Anyway, I really want ancient robotic systems like in Knights of the Old Republic. That would be sooo cool.

[​IMG]

ThePIT likes this.
  4. SpaceRobo

SpaceRobo Phantasmal Quasar

Reminds me of some show I've seen long long ago :O , there was some doctor writing a diary and he mutated alone on a spaceship,and wrote about it while he could,he stayed there alone and it was ditched because his mutation was contagius...anyways it was nice :D it would be cool to exlpore stuff like those,i just hope they'll be big and actually look old and have lots of rooms *O* maybe even old loot they ditched in there...

5. Tectal

Tectal Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I would love to see serious and perhaps slightly horrific quests like that (not too troublesome).

SAD QUESTS FOREVER!

Facethelight and SpaceRobo like this.
  6. SpaceRobo

Wooohooo!!! Maybe we could even find diary pages around the rooms :D could be awesome,Starbound,you must make that idea!Muuust

Sneech likes this.
  7. Sneech

Sneech Void-Bound Voyager

I like the idea of diary pages around the ship! Or maybe even a ship log that recorded everything up to the point of it becoming abandoned.... That would add major suspense awesomeness!!! Although I'm sure I would be just as satisfied if I entered the ship to find an alien crew having a tea party.

FrostyBlaster and DuskrunnerX like this.
  8. SpaceRobo

Wee,Alien Tea parties xD do they have pikies? :eek:

DuskrunnerX likes this.
  9. DuskrunnerX

DuskrunnerX 2.7182818284590...

How about a 'haunted' spaceship like the 'Event Horizon?'

Iterum likes this.
  10. Sneech

Haven't actually seen that movie yet but I just added it to my to watch list so it'll be watched soon! It seems similar to Sunshine, which was already mentioned in this topic as well as an incredible movie!

11. DuskrunnerX

DuskrunnerX 2.7182818284590...

Just watched the trailer to Sunshine, looks awesome! I'll be using that to distract myself from thinking about Starbound temporarily :p

Also, I noticed that Event Horizon is also a trophy on this forum hehe

Sneech likes this.
  12. Sneech

Nice! Let me know what you think of Sunshine! Shit gets intense!

Titanium and DuskrunnerX like this.
  13. Titanium

Titanium Existential Complex

Sunshine gets to me on a spiritual level.
    I'm not even kidding.

Sneech likes this.
  14. matheusmmsbr

matheusmmsbr Pangalactic Porcupine

When you reclaim a space stations maybe pirate like the goblin attack on terraria would be

15. Brutaii

Brutaii Void-Bound Voyager

Maybe a boss battle with a remaining captain?

16. daxxog

daxxog Seal Broken

This reminds me of the movie Aliens.

17. SquareSnap

SquareSnap Aquatic Astronaut

I like this idea very much. To add to this idea there should be vacuum pressure with space stations, asteroids, moons, ect. For example, if you have a space station and you shoot a window, it should create suction.

18. SentientDawn

SentientDawn Aquatic Astronaut

Having to find a rare space station, clear it of baddies, and repair key systems would be an awesome way to get your own I think. Once you get it in operating order again you could build onto it, renovate it, or perhaps, completely tear it down and take the core systems in order to build your own where you choose. That way rather than just buying a module and building one, space stations would be much more valuable because you need to explore and scavenge to create one. Perhaps some key systems are missing on one, so you need to go salvage another to get it operational again. Then, if you had teleporter pads or docking platforms, it'd basically be a world that you own. Perhaps add some random events such as pirate attacks or alien infections, and this game would be complete for me!

Xchris128, Aeryc and EnergyProExtreme like this.
  19. Xchris128

Xchris128 Void-Bound Voyager

Thats sounds epic. Mabey when the station is about to be consumed by the sun, sirens/red flashing lights should turn on to add suspense and try to make you rush out of there.

20. Spertin

Spertin Big Damn Hero

Essential feature !:yoda: