Modding Discussion A place to discuss map editing and other related stuff

Discussion in 'Mods' started by QuantumConcious, Apr 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alicedafox

alicedafox Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You cant copy and paste rooms there to mix it.
    But under ''Tile Sheets'' you find all the Stuff to do your own rooms! :)

• GBDetective

GBDetective Void-Bound Voyager

Okay, I tried editing the map manually, but I ran into a problem I don't know how to fix. I can't scroll down to the 2100s index tiles on the towninterior.png. It won't scroll past the Joja tiles to where Shane's muddy foot prints are.

If I tile pick the muddy footprint tiles on your map, they bring me down to those post 2100 index tiles. But I'm using @endermaryn 's map as the base, and his map was pre 1.1, so he doesn't have those tiles used at all, since there was no Shane's room before.

I'm using the same unpacked up to date towninterior.png on both. Why can't I scroll all the way down? This seems like a simple UI error, and really really annoying because I've no idea how to fix it. :urgh:

• alicedafox

alicedafox Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'll upload you the 1.1 towninterior.xnb file here. Hope this will fix it!

Attached Files:

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Should be possible yes, but tIDE is more evil then evil itself, so no guarantees.

• Chibi

Chibi Pangalactic Porcupine

How do I edit a map to allow tree planting? My current modded map that I'm using keeps saying invalid when I try to plant trees. I know that you're just supposed to plant them in untilled ground. It won't let me.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Is this a modded farm map or a different modded map? Maps have to explicitly whitelist the player to plant trees, and in vanilla stardew only the Farm map is whitelisted.

• Chibi

• AngryCat

AngryCat Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I don't know if anyone else made a note of this, but I've noticed a particular issue and workaround;

When adding a new tilesheet, if you name it right away, tIDE will seemingly get stuck forever loading with no results.
                However, if you add it as an untitled sheet, it'll load it up right away just fine.

Since you can't have multiple untitled sheets, I add them untitled, then save before going into the Properties to rename them. tIDE will frequently do its "Derp, I'm thinking about it" moment, at which point I will exit out; when I reopen it, the tilesheet is there with its proper name.
                Rinse and repeat for multiple sheets.

• AngryCat

AngryCat Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Attached Files:

Chibi likes this.
                • Chibi

Thank you so much! You're a life saver. ♥

AngryCat likes this.
                  • BinaryDelusions

BinaryDelusions Void-Bound Voyager

I wanted to add some working water sources in my coop and barn, and also to move my water source in my greenhouse. But no matter what I do they never seem to work? I tried changing the tile properties on the the tilesheet to be a watersource, I tried changing them in the building layer by itself, but everytime I go into the game and test them out, they refuse to work and I don't know why. Am I supposed to alter something in the map properties or even in the .yaml file?

• Legotaz

Legotaz Void-Bound Voyager

quick question how do i edit the warp in coords as ive enlarged the greenhouse and edited the warp out coords but when i enter the greenhouse i spawn in the middle of the screen but to leave the greenhouse the exit works as it should. so basicly what im asking is how do i make it so i dont spawn in a random place but instead spawn by the doorway?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Install the EntoaroxFramework SMAPI mod, the entry location is hardcoded in the exe, so a SMAPI mod is needed to fix that, The GamePatcher module of EntoaroxFramework replaces the vanilla greenhouse behaviour with a much smarter one.

• BinaryDelusions

BinaryDelusions Void-Bound Voyager

Omg I'm an idiot. I figured out what I was doing wrong. I was setting it to Water/WaterSource on the Building Layer when it was supposed to be on the bottom layer. *smacks self*

I'm really enjoying map editing despite that stupid moment! I recently edited the Jojamart Warehouse cause I hated how they barely did anything to the community center once they bought it out.

But I have a new question: is there some code I can use to make it so that I can put down a quarry anywhere? Like I know there's a quarry in Hill-Top Farm and, well, the Quarry itself, but say I wanted one on the Mountain path or near Gunther's, how could i do that? Is that possible?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

You would need a SMAPI mod to do that I am afraid, but the code for it is relatively simple so should be no big issue to copy over.

• Vendacious

Vendacious Void-Bound Voyager

I'm editing to Forest Farm map but I can't make these bridges cross-able. I've tried adding Passable T to the Tile Index Properties of the planks like in the Fishing Farm map but then my character gets stuck when leaving the house. Anyone know how to make this work?

bridge.PNG

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

You need to add the passable as tilesheet properties rather then tile properties.

• Vendacious

I tried adding them to the tilesheet properties like so:
                                  tilesheet.PNG
                                  But I still get stuck immediately when leaving the house

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Really strange, do you have SMAPI so you can post a log of the issue? Parhaps that can explain what is happening here.

• Vendacious

Thank you, but I've sort of side-stepped the problem.
                                      fake bridge.PNG

Thread Status:
                                      Not open for further replies.