Modding Discussion A place to discuss map editing and other related stuff

Discussion in 'Mods' started by QuantumConcious, Apr 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SythianBard

SythianBard Space Spelunker

Hiya.
    I would like to remove the Fire and Green Smoke animations from the Wizard's Cauldron. Can anyone tell me how this is done, please?
    I've already used the method in the Awesome Tutorial Video at the top of this thread to do the map editing, but I can't seem to find access to these animations anywhere.

• sheetcakeghost

sheetcakeghost Weight of the Sky

As far as I can tell that's hard coded, but I got around the issue with the slime egg incubator auto loading into the wine mod by making the map dimensions larger and shifting it far to the left, so that the in game coordinate put it in a black space. Maybe that would work here?

• mushfae

mushfae Pangalactic Porcupine

okay so I wanted to create a new map for the farmhouse and completely change all the rooms around because I really didn't like the original layout. I made this and now i want to put it into my game but every time I try load my character it crashes..... i made sure to put all the action tiles and stuff and I had to change the warp tile cause I moved where the entrance is. am i missing something?
        [​IMG]

asteriaex likes this.
        • taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

The house map inside is pretty hard coded, that's why you dont see a lot of maps with such edits. Also custom tilesheets that arent attributed right will also do that.

• sheetcakeghost

Yeah, for instance, where the beds are located is a hard code. The farmer's bed in particular. The children's matter a lot less, but if you have kids, they won't go to where you've replaced the beds. Their pathing is hard coded for them to walk where there beds used to be. That said, those beds can be removed entirely and the map will function fine. This is if you decide you don't want kids, or you replace the kids with a mod like the one that makes them birds or one of mine that can change them into a cat or a junimo.

You may have also accidentally overridden some tile actions. The actions don't always copy over when you move things around, or they're not on the tile you'd expect them to be. Like the floor. And even if you do have the actions in the right places the game can get confused. TouchAction Sleep (or something like that, check the first post to be sure) for the farmer's bed should make it usable where it is, however, when the farmer wakes up you may be in your living room again.

Plus any extras space you add won't be able to be registered as a wall or floor that can be changed. So you wouldn't be able to hang art on those walls nor change the flooring or wallpaper. I compensated for this by decorating those parts in my map editor.

All of that said! The warp is also hardcoded, so (if you don't have any custom tilesheets) you moving that is probably the crux of your problem. I had that problem with Elliott's shack. Despite where I told the game to warp me in, it'd put me where the door was originally located. While it never crashed, with something as fiddly as the farm house, I can see where it might crash your game to change it.

Last edited: May 21, 2016
              taintedwheat likes this.
            • taintedwheat

to be honest, i find decorated in tide a lot of fun. me and jinxie are comin' out strong with a cute cellar soon n__n

its a lot more easier to be more creative by making it in like PS or something first and doing it in tIDE instead of actual walls/furniture despite the mobility, w/e it is saul goodman.

although groan. i need the reg micro basement now, and i really want a pizza oven and dogbeds i made to be put in eventually.... hmm.. i originally wanted ankou's birds in the cage next to it but while making the tilesheet for qc it's was iffy because it takes up a bunch more square's than i'd like. are your jumino babies 16x16? that would be kinda cute, idk how to animate though but it seems easy enough if someone understands how to set the tiles to do so in tile animations (i don't)

• sheetcakeghost

It really is! I made the nicest little library/computer room for my home. I also got rid of the shit in my kid's room (I have no kids and never plan to have any) and use it to have all my museum gifts and artwork I've bought, leaving the room beside it open to be a nice den.

The toddler junimos, while the same size as regular ones, are not set up in a 16x16 manner as the child sprite is thin and tall. However, the junimo.xnb sheet itself should be the right size to use for that, but they'll be white unless you want to make custom sheets with the colors. And tile animations actually aren't that hard to do. Just right-click the tile you want to animate, select tile animation, then click on and drag (not click and drag, click on it first to select it click it again and then drag) it where the frames are. You can adjust how fast or slow it animates with the frame intervals.

• aerophin

aerophin Void-Bound Voyager

Is it possible to warp to different places in the FarmHouse? Trying to add another (separate) section to the farm house so I can have another place to decorate and add furniture (since the farm house is the only place to put furniture), but every warp just takes me right to the entrance of the house. I can warp from within the house to the separate section, but not from a separate map (at least not the beach, which is the only place I've tried so far).

• Inccubus

Inccubus Star Wrangler

You can expand the farmhouse maps and add more rooms to warp to easily. I have been messing with QuantumConsiousness' FarmHouseExtended and added a door that leads to a hall that then leads to the basement and attic. I did it by giving certain tiles on the building and back layers the Warp Action and setting the appropriate coordinates.

• aerophin

Sorry, guess I should have specified a little more. Is it possible to warp to a different spot in the farm house than just the front entrance from another map? Setting a warp from the beach to a new area separate from the farm house (but still in the FarmHouse.tbin) will still bring you to the entrance even though the coordinates are somewhere else.

• Zelnite

Zelnite Big Damn Hero

its hard coded you can't change it. you will always get warped back to the entrance.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Yeah, there is no way to warp to any place except the entrance when warping into the farmhouse, its cause the door is in a different xy for each upgrade, and because of that the game needs to move the player to the correct spot whenever they enter the farmhouse.

• aerophin

Yeah, that's what I figured. Thanks for the info!

Also, the farm house is the only place you can put furniture, correct?

• taintedwheat

Apparently CA tweeted some stuff that there are going to be sheds that you can customize/put furniture in.

Psh, my smapi cellar is still probably going to be cuter.
                              /self-proclaimed as color queen and most fashionable person here

• sheetcakeghost

Oh, if that's the case, we may not need to make the wine cellar mod after all. I can just format the tilesheet to be usable placable furniture for a shed. Neat.

taintedwheat likes this.
                                • taintedwheat

Yer winery is cute though! I do like that idea as alternative fix though n.n

I hope theres more than one type of shed or could be sampinized to have multiple different skins like the livestock toolkit

• sheetcakeghost

Well I didn't make the winery. I just used the assets that the OP had made. But thanks!

• sivolobwho

sivolobwho Phantasmal Quasar

I'm having some issues with custom tiles in the townInterior.png tile sheet. The original size of the tile sheet is 512x1088, but I resized it to 512x1344 to add a variety of custom tiles for a mod of mine. I can use the tiles just fine in tBIN, but none of the tiles below the 1088 pixel line (the original size of the tile sheet) will show up in game. They seem normal in tBIN, like I said, but when the map with those custom tiles is loaded into the game, the custom tiles below that line will not show up. Custom tiles that are ABOVE that line in the tile sheet show up just fine.

I assume this means that the size of the tile sheet must be defined somewhere and that my added tiles are going out of the set limit, but I haven't the foggiest idea of where that would be defined. If anyone has any idea, please let me know! I'm wracking my brain trying to figure this out.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

that is hardcoded into the exe I do believe, and in that case not really much you can do about it.
                                        Might I suggest taking a look at Advanced Location Loader, that lets you do quite a lot with editing locations without needing to know C# at all :)

• sheetcakeghost

I agree with Ento. The problem with adding things to townInterior is that it confuses the game about tiles it needs to load. If you wanna make custom tiles it's easier to put them on a special sheet that you then add to the yaml.

Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.