A More Interactive Tutorial

Discussion in 'Side Quests' started by Alvin Flummox, May 14, 2012.

?

What kind of tutorial would you prefer?

1. A more in depth one as suggested

31 vote(s)
    91.2%
  2. A quick 'press X button, now press Y' style one

3 vote(s)
    8.8%
  1. xboy777

xboy777 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I love it! I had no idea that the ship was damaged and required repairs. That makes me even more excited to play the game! :DD

2. Alvin Flummox

Alvin Flummox Existential Complex

There's a few new bits in an interview I posted here if you haven't read it :) Yeah the start of the game sounds like it'll be quite interesting!

3. Robert2812

Robert2812 Star Wrangler

Love this ship's A.I. thing, I would love this intro to the game. Once I buy it I plan to sit and play until it's done with some friends on the server I'll make ( I assume it'll be peer to peer anyway ). Seeing as they should hopefully continuously update this unlike Terraria.

4. Robert2812

Robert2812 Star Wrangler

I'll also go check out the other stuff!

5. xboy777

I'll check it out right now. When you said the ship will have an AI, I immediately pictured its voice sounding like GLaDOS. Of coarse they plan on making a sound effect play when text is being displayed to make it appear someone is actually talking and there will most likely not be any voice acting in the game.

Oh yeah and if you haven't seen it on Twitter, Tiy is going to start tweeting more and said they were talking with Maluka (if you don't know who that is see here) and seeing if they could get her to do some vocals in the game (most likely for in-game music).

6. Alvin Flummox

Haha yeah or HAL, although though maybe with less of a sprinkling of crazy evil. But yeah I think everything is just going to be similar to simlish. I hope they at least have different sounds for avians and humans though etc. Voice acting is a hell of a lot of work too, and I don't think it would really fit with the game anyway. I like not having voice acting some times!

Ooh thanks, I saw yesterday that he'd tweeted here but looks like something might come of it then :)

7. xboy777

Yeah that would be interesting. And voice acting would be really hard to do since everything is randomized and there are going to be so many NPCs. I wonder if they NPCs are going to be procedurally generated. Right now it doesn't seem like they are.

8. Alvin Flummox

Yeah, and it would severely limit what they could randomise. Without voice acting the npcs can have a lot more lines to say :) And I don't know, but lol.

xboy777 likes this.
  9. Rene6305

Rene6305 Star Wrangler

i really like the old idea for a tutorial that you maybe customize your guy or girl in a dream like vision and wake up on a sunny morning... things are looking great then everything you had sounded good maybe yo can get a chance to explore your town a bit while you do some tasks for people and then BAM everything is going wrong and you and few others escape but only you are in your escape pod

xboy777 likes this.