A little implementation...

Discussion in 'Other' started by Bomb, Mar 2, 2012.

?

Yea or Nay to emotes in Starbound?

1. Yea

100.0%
  2. Neigh (I-I mean nay)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Bomb

Bomb Title Not Found

You know what would be a really subtle but entertaining addition to this game? My thought was that they could put "emotes" in the game.

If you've ever played an MMOG, you probably know what I'm talking about; however, for those of you that don't know, an emote is basically when you type a command ("/dance" or something of that nature) and your avatar does the emote (in our parenthesis example, your avatar would begin to do some silly little dance thing).

It wouldn't do much for game play purposes, but for the role-playing community it would be pretty cool, and I'm sure I can find many situations where I would like to make my character dance on the ruins of a burning planet.

What do you guys think?

Chikara likes this.
  2. Lasercat77

Lasercat77 Pangalactic Porcupine

Good idea,and maybe some hidden internet references, like /megusta would make your character have the Me Gusta face for a little bit,or /lazer gives a shoop da whoop

3. Bomb

Bomb Title Not Found

Quite honestly I don't think the faces have enough detail to discern "me gusta" from "fu<dge> yeah." I was thinking more moving emotes would suffice, like dancing or sitting.

4. Lasercat77

Lasercat77 Pangalactic Porcupine

i meant just a single face. like about 5 internet references