9th June Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Jun 9, 2014.

1. ahamsandwich

ahamsandwich Void-Bound Voyager

Nice work with the new monster attacks! I'm really looking forward to the improvements in the combat system. Keep up the good work :up:

2. Jbeetle

Jbeetle Oxygen Tank

neat. Now I want to see a monster with multiple (different) heads and therefore multiple attacks.

3. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Is it possible to have some attacks not based on the mouth?
    Otherwise the bubble attack is interesting. But maybe instead of 4 separate projectiles which has a high chance of missing. it explodes and drops naplam \ acid. which remains temporarily on the ground.

4. GameQB11

GameQB11 Phantasmal Quasar

Awesome attacks. The enemies are beginning to look interesting. but can we not have the projectile come from behind the head?

5. k0rd

k0rd Void-Bound Voyager

I believe that is intentional, the monsters can only hit you when attacking.
    I imagine that it is meant to be representative of a 3d area. You can walk by an enemy if it is not attacking.

6. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Collision is off to make you have a chance at dodging. Which wouldn't be possible against larger bosses or swarms.

7. IvoryOwl

IvoryOwl Pangalactic Porcupine

I'll be damned if that first monster's head doesn't remind me of Father Karras from Thief: Metal Age.

snefu114 likes this.
  8. snefu114

snefu114 Aquatic Astronaut

I feel like someone sat down with a pokemon game for inspiration (not a bad thing at all)

9. XRiZUX

XRiZUX Spaceman Spiff

Looks good. I expect perfection from you guys, Team Chucklefish... Don't make me disappoint... :fishbowl:

10. _BIO_

_BIO_ Phantasmal Quasar

It would be great if the color and abilities of monsters depend on biome / minibiome in which they live. For example: In a snowy biome live predominantly white monsters (to them is easier to hunt and disguise). Or monsters volcanic biome can is in the lava.

Piccolo likes this.
  11. squirrel_killer-

squirrel_killer- Sandwich Man

I like the beginnings of these attacks, if I had to guess, you deliberately left out attacks that were not to do with the head. Something tells me that some monsters will likely have some nasty tail related attacks.

12. GLARE

GLARE Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Tiy, I do like these new attacks, but could you probably have time to squeeze in monsters retreating occasionally? Say, when their Health is low, or they're about to use a RANGED ATTACK. Doing this, it COULD make the battles more fun, especially if a player decides to do some kind of a Drama. :rofl:

TotalRelieph and MSJesterkid like this.
  13. BotanicalCode

BotanicalCode Subatomic Cosmonaut

Nice! I really like how you changed monsters from just trying to occupy the player's box to jumping in front of the player and then attacking.

14. MSJesterkid

MSJesterkid Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I've been checking playstarbound.com pretty regularly, but haven't really been playing the game. Are all these updates they're talking about (new combat, new monster attacks) out yet in very small updates or are they coming out in bigger ones that aren't released yet?

15. MSJesterkid

MSJesterkid Scruffy Nerf-Herder

What would also be cool is if when a monster (and players) have less health, move slower or do less damage.

GLARE and TotalRelieph like this.
  16. Milan Mree

Milan Mree Ketchup Robot

LastDay and jonathonspy like this.
  17. Astasia

Astasia Pangalactic Porcupine

Is that third one actually generating blocks? Very interesting if so.

NovastarX and jonathonspy like this.
  18. Jbeetle

Jbeetle Oxygen Tank

I noticed that too, or maybe it's "infecting" them. Either way, I hope it's one of the two.

jonathonspy likes this.
  19. Ssj782

Ssj782 Cosmic Narwhal

This question may seem outside of the subject... But what armor is the Hylotl wearing? My Floran just costumes the copper armor all the way up, because I actively dislike the way almost all the armors after it look. The more good looking armor I can hunt, the better.

20. oceansRising

oceansRising Pangalactic Porcupine

Ah! Loving that monster! Awesome work so far.