9th June Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Jun 10, 2013.

1. kikinaak

kikinaak Pangalactic Porcupine

Stations are just too epic a thing not to be included in some form or another, as is the work already done on them. Seriously, this needs to be a thing. And I am totally NOT just saying this as an excuse to dust off my old rogue station AI thread...

AdenSword and Shippo like this.
  2. TAP

TAP Subatomic Cosmonaut

Having spacestations in the game would make Starbound that much more epic. I could see either there being a empty build where you can decorated each room in the station, or a full on, malleable station where you have an outline but can change room layouts and whatnot. It would be a cool thing to have and would add more to the space experience of Starbound!

(Also imagine what would happen if you broke a few blocks to the outside of the ship.... get sucked into space, have emergency doors close off the break. I don't think it'll be possible but having the chance to go out into space with space suits would be awesome!)

mrconnery24 likes this.
  3. dante2070

dante2070 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

YES THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN

AdenSword likes this.
  4. DarkSky80

DarkSky80 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I was sad when i heard that the space station was scrapped. Nice to hear they may come back as something interesting.

AdenSword likes this.
  5. mrconnery24

mrconnery24 Intergalactic Tourist

PLEASE find a way to put this in the final game! This is a genius idea and I've always loved the idea of a communal guild hall/space station in nearly every sci-fi game I've played (no one has delivered on this yet). Way to give my dreams a chance!

6. Shippo

Shippo Existential Complex

Yes! This is cool! We must have space stations and ships! Can't have one without the other! Don't leave this out! o_O

7. mo'guts

mo'guts Big Damn Hero

Always lovin' the updates, and am all for this "Guild Ship" Idea, sounds fun!. This game just keeps sounding better and better and I know a lot of the information about this game, yet there is always some small detail that arises that I didn't know about.
    GO! Chucklefish! GO!

Mukin likes this.
  8. TheJudge

TheJudge Space Penguin Leader

A big whopping yes Tiy! :eek: Please add this to the final game!!

9. The_n00b_Daniel

The_n00b_Daniel Orbital Explorer

I really hope that space stations get to stay in, they are a really cool idea, especially for multiplayer.

10. Chesus Christ

Chesus Christ Orbital Explorer

YEEESSSS SPACE STATIONS YES YES YES KEEP IT IN PLEASE

11. Trogolodite

Trogolodite Space Spelunker

I wonder just how online this game will be? How will they go about being able to visit other peoples planets/spaceships/potential space stations, how you can interact with them, and whether you can change those permissions for each visitor. Whether you can only be in one "universe"(IE you OR your friends) at a time or whether all planets of all players everywhere will have a unique identifier and able to exist in the "Universe". Whether the files will be clouded and modifiable by your friends when your offline or whether its just direct invited play. Will be interesting to see how they develop as the game gets closer to beta.

12. Evangelion

Evangelion Supernova

OHHHH! I love this space station idea! Please keep it in!

master1237 and TAP like this.
  13. lLegion

lLegion Starship Captain

i only hope it gets to the final game....well....i still think that's a good idea for an "multplayer" platform where we could have an hall full of players going and comming from plannets and showing what they've found in the galaxy, also some npcs could be good too i guess

BUT that's too much and i dont think it fits the lore of the game (i've never even readed too much of it)....but space stations in the game are awesome though... even if its only for npcs selling any kind of junk just to make things more realistic ^^

14. Xander

Xander Spaceman Spiff

While everyone's excited about them in the thread as a possibility, all the station functions got thrown into personal ships. So what would they add besides slightly bigger "space scenery" building spots? I kind of hope its put in, but for now put on the back burner for post release content. Preferably early post release content.

That way they can focus on just them, to make them as epic/unique as possible. :proper:

Zereth Deagroth likes this.
  15. Crazyfoolgaf

Crazyfoolgaf Star Wrangler

Spacestations as guildhalls is a pretty neat idea :D.

Personally Id also like to see randomly generated space stations that can be found while out exploring, just like planets, both abandoned and populated.
    Hey, maybe in the future?

Zereth Deagroth and Deimos56 like this.
  16. RedDire

RedDire Cosmic Narwhal

Yes. Yes. Yes. Make it happen, Tiy.

17. Deimos56

Deimos56 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I am both very excited to hear about the (re)addition of space stations as a 'guildhall' sort of concept, and also very curious about the level of customization that will be available to them. Beyond the decorations, that is.

18. MoonyJello

MoonyJello Existential Complex

I never considered this, but it's a cool idea.

19. XRiZUX

XRiZUX Spaceman Spiff

I think this idea is really cool, would love to see something like this in the game. Although what I would be worried about would be how similar each space station would look compared to another space station, the more variation that is available the more enjoyable it would be. Perhaps you would be able to customize the space station's interior completely, in that way you would already have a lot of variation available.

Something else I came to think of was being able to place your own organisation's/guild's logo on the wall, and also possibly being able to have it displayed in the information about the space station when you are viewing the space station from the navigation system.

Just some ideas, thanks for reading. :coffee:

Canopus and Mukin like this.
  20. Jynx

Jynx Big Damn Hero

SPACE STATIONS! Imagine Space Station dungeons you encounter every so often. Abandoned run down stations that you can raid and fight aliens in to salvage rare stuff from?