9th June Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Jun 10, 2013.

1. The space stations would be so amazing for multiplayer :DD

AdenSword and Kernkin like this.
  2. ihartsnape

ihartsnape Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Space stations look super fun. I really hope this is something that will make it into the game.

3. Emnigin

Emnigin Tentacle Wrangler

Perfect! Now I can make my Space Marine Chapter in SPAAAAACE!

AdenSword likes this.
  4. SivCorp

SivCorp Parsec Taste Tester

SivCorp approves.

We need a safe base of operations, for a single ship will simply not due for our galactic monopoly. :proper:

5. demanrisu

demanrisu The Original Agaran Menace NPC

m'aiq cannot into spacehome

AdenSword and Awesomized like this.
  6. Ghoul159

Ghoul159 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

i'd like these spacestations a lot! :)

7. Awesomized

Awesomized Oxygen Tank

but m'aiq want spacehome. u racist.

AdenSword likes this.
  8. LastHazzerd

LastHazzerd Title Not Found

how many people just had near heart-attacks from the positive feelings this idea gave...
    this is indeed a really good idea and is clearly backed by the fanbase.
    whether it be a multiplayer guildhall sort of deal, or places to explore in space similar to the temples on planets, space stations would be a brilliant thing to add to the game... forgive me if i have a multitude of star-treck/Alien/Dead-Space flash backs~<3

AdenSword, Canopus and Kernkin like this.
  9. 1mwb

1mwb Big Damn Hero

COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL! ;)

AdenSword likes this.
  10. EnderRydel

EnderRydel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Must say I'm rather liking this idea. Having a massive hangout like this seems like it'd be pretty awesome.

11. Biscuit Sawce

Biscuit Sawce Pangalactic Porcupine

*Gasp*! I had an idea a while back that Space stations should be like guild places :D Even though I didn't really do anything, its coming true! YES!!! Love you Starbound Developers!

12. TheSilentObserver

TheSilentObserver Big Damn Hero

Man this is conflicting!

On the one hand, AWESOME! Space Stations were always one of my favorite aspects of this game. I loved the whole concept of having myself a great big orbital platform from whence to organize and conduct my doings.

On the other hand, discovering that they'd replaced by the use of a ship disappoints me. I've been a bit out of the loop, news wise, so the fact that the 'station' was taken out kind of leaves me feeling... sour. Still, I'm glad to see that the concept is still floating around in there. I'd love to see them make a comeback, though I hope it won't be SOLELY in the form of a Guild Hall type situation.

I'd really love to see that some stations could be like a 'Guild Hall', but others could be individually owned by persons such as myself who wish to rule over their subjects from on high through extensive use of their Orbital Ion-Cannon Array.

13. Haslet

Haslet Void-Bound Voyager

I will almost certainly never try to build a space station, but I'm glad other people seem enthused.

I'm way more interested in the personal ship.

AdenSword likes this.
  14. Undead

Undead Subatomic Cosmonaut

I cant wait till beta release.

AdenSword likes this.
  15. Forehead

Forehead Void-Bound Voyager

The idea of derelict ships and stations sounds amazing, or even capturing or raiding those types of locations. Bring this to the gamne!

16. Pixeludicrous

Pixeludicrous Subatomic Cosmonaut

I am truly hoping we will eventually get to experience this in game - I want nothing more to look down at my massive, mechanical empire, and laugh knowingly as I ponder just how much labor the enslaved populous are being forced into doing...just how many statues of me my drones are making them erect. All the while thoughtfully sipping on my champagne from the safety of my fortified Space station.

I uh. I mean. "World Peace". :love: Woo.

17. Snowflake

Snowflake Aquatic Astronaut

I'm imagining spooky abandoned space stations like in Super Metroid with unique horror-based creatures and special gear to be found. The flashlight + abandoned things + space, right? :D

18. Desert_Rose

Desert_Rose Scruffy Nerf-Herder

excuse my probably horrid spelling its 6:30 in the morning and ive been awake for like 16 or more hours xD i hope these space stations become an actual thing and part of the game :) and if they do than themed after what species you chose ofcourse :) and with cool npcs. maybe with a rare chance of spawning a captain having a similiar name to kirk or picard? just slingin out a lil thought i had :) also sorry but i cant help it the guy above me "or below? i have no idea .-. THE JUDGE DREAD GUY! vlad!" YOU BETRAY THE LUAAAW! :D sorryX3 keep working on this gem guys. each update really really makes me excited and hope for beta around the corner :) doesnt hurt to stay positive :))))) lots of hugs! and cookies! wait i wonder... :cookie: AHAHAHA! THERE WAS A COOKIE EMOTE! MY DAY IS OFFICIALLY COMPLETE! :rofl:! thats it for me xD im in need of sleep bad.. :zzz:

AdenSword likes this.
  19. bounding star

bounding star Existential Complex

AdenSword likes this.
  20. Zzinged

Zzinged Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hope the space station makes it into the final game! :D

AdenSword likes this.