9th June Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Jun 10, 2013.

1. dante2070

dante2070 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

THIS...... IS...... AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sparta:X3:catface:

AdenSword likes this.
  2. Quantum

Quantum Spaceman Spiff

A sound plan Tiy. Good on you.

AdenSword likes this.
  3. Awesomized

Awesomized Oxygen Tank

Guild Hall/Space Station?

M'AIQ INDEPENDANT CAN HAVE AN OFFICIAL SPACE-HOME!

Ketoth, AdenSword, mario3585 and 2 others like this.
  4. Shurite

Shurite Orbital Explorer

They took out space stations? I thought that was supposed to be a major part of the game and your home base before you actually get a home world? Tiy has to get that in for final release now or I'll be massively disappointed at the lack of SPACE STATIONS IN SPAAAAAACE!!!

AdenSword likes this.
  5. Malachai13

Malachai13 Title Not Found

OOOH, space stations. Just hope I'm not around if you name yours "The Philadelphia" >;3 *preps inter-continental SUPRISE*

AdenSword and Spart117MC like this.
  6. thetokenshadow

thetokenshadow Big Damn Hero

That's no update.....that's a space station.

AdenSword, Dorsidwarf, AzViz and 9 others like this.
  7. Darlas

Darlas Starship Captain

All in for space stations!
    And Abandoned unknown alien space stations to explore, where you have to re-enable life support / power etc.

Also you could use them as Trade hubs so you could just host a space station on your own and people connect to it for trading, but still play their characters and only connect for sending item stats etc.
    Like drop in multiplayer.

8. LazerEagle1

LazerEagle1 Master Astronaut

He did say that things on Sunday may not be in Beta or even the final release. Don't get your hopes up, guys.

AzViz and Darlas like this.
  9. LoneRobo

LoneRobo Sandwich Man

I sure hope this makes it into the game! It would make me seriously consider joining a guild/clan.

AdenSword likes this.
  10. -Winter-

-Winter- Subatomic Cosmonaut

I am all for this! Tiy this is amazing news! :iswydt:

AdenSword likes this.
  11. John Magus

John Magus Subatomic Cosmonaut

2 things tiy I hope that you can do space stations 2nd don't over work yourself all work and no play doesn't make for a good day

AdenSword likes this.
  12. War_Cookie

War_Cookie Aquatic Astronaut

Is there a limit to the number of players I can have on a server? Could i say have a server with like 100 people?

13. LazerEagle1

The thing is, how would this work in Singleplayer? I mean, all of the games aren't hooked up to a central hub or whatever. Your Singleplayer isn't just a private instanced universe attached to a central server, so how would you get one in Singleplayer?

14. Quantum

Quantum Spaceman Spiff

You can follow the quote to the original post, or just read the conversation at pastebin. Kyren said 16 (for now) depends on bandwidth.

15. I'm assuming you would still have one, just that no one could join you on it unless you were connected to a server.

16. Quantum

Quantum Spaceman Spiff

Same way in multiplayer purchase it or construct it, whichever way Tiy decides it's acquired. It probably won't 'require' a guild/clan/cooperation just benefit them with more space to allocate members, etc.

AdenSword and LazerEagle1 like this.
  17. LazerEagle1

Yeah. The way he worded it made it sound like it would require a group of people though.

18. Quantum

Quantum Spaceman Spiff

Good point.
    Since he doesn't quite know if it's going to work out I guess we'll just have to wait and see though. He probably has a more clear idea than what he put into text I'm sure.

AdenSword likes this.
  19. LFPO8k

LFPO8k Subatomic Cosmonaut

please add it, if you think exploring was atmospheric enough, just looking at the screenshots made me cry tears of joy for the space stations coming back

AdenSword and Dorsidwarf like this.
  20. OttomanZeus

OttomanZeus Void-Bound Voyager

Being able to build space station ourselves would be awesome. How will zero gravity work in the game? I can see why it would be hard to implement but it would add a lot to this already great looking game. I would love to put on a suit and maybe jump put an airlock and muck about in orbit.

AdenSword likes this.