9th July Update

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by OmnipotentEntity, Jul 10, 2013.

1. OmnipotentEntity

OmnipotentEntity Code Monkey Forum Administrator

It's already solved. I talked about how I solved it in the post. It was most of the post. >_>

Toryu-Mau, Sakaru, Axe Garian and 3 others like this.
  2. soul4heat

soul4heat Tentacle Wrangler

SEEEEE I told you that you were genius!..... Touche my brilliant of brilliant....

Toryu-Mau and RicardRC like this.
  3. soul4heat

It's not my fault that you are beyond awesome. If only I could harness that amazing.

Toryu-Mau likes this.
  4. madtulip

madtulip Phantasmal Quasar

hmm. depending on how precise the first drawing is i guess it might be wrong. the person would fall down (last movement vector + new gravity acceleration) and the rope parts would pull together at the same time until the two rope parts are one line segment again. doesnt seem that simeple to me but i would start at carcase mechanics and then just add stretching of each single beam over time (spring effect).i would interprete the joins of 2 segments of the rope in picture one as 2 single beams with one joint which has one DOF (z rotation). you could then use quite simple ray vs block intersection (which you probably already implemented for infinity speed projectiles like lasers) in every frame for each of the beams (sections of the rope). that way you can assign a weight to the hook itself as well and have the whole construction fall in any direction once the block under the hook is cleared. also consider that the whole rope is the length of the spring and not the length from person to last anchor point if there is no friction at the anchor point (other then the hook). you could implement friction there just as an additional spring constant for every spring elements between the hook and the anchor point currently under opservation. if i.e. its hook, anchor,anchor,player you would have 3 springs in series with k_1 = k; k_2 = k+1*frictioncoefficient; k_3 = k+2*frictioncoefficient;. anyway :9 nice work. dont overdo it :D !

Toryu-Mau and soul4heat like this.
  5. soul4heat

He rocked it! :D IT was in a post that I didn't read all the way through lol But at least they all know we're hear to back them up each and every step of the way to glory :D

Toryu-Mau likes this.
  6. Sethusk

Sethusk Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oh man, that would be so awesome to fight a titan-sized enemy in game like this. Climbing up to it's weak spot while it tried to swat you off or grab you and eat you would be so fun!

7. madtulip

madtulip Phantasmal Quasar

actualy its quite a bit more complicated :) i just looked up the case of a double pendulum which doesnt consst of springs:
    Double Pendulum and the case for when both segments are also interpreted as springs (Double spring Pendulum). Hope that helps!

Toryu-Mau likes this.
  8. soul4heat

COULD you imagine? A cookie fighting back while you tried to consume it! I concur with your post.

9. RicardRC

RicardRC Scruffy Nerf-Herder

What I really like more about Omni's words rather than the rest of the developers* is that he's the only one (that I know off) brave enough to say "the beta will take a while" knowing many people will have a mini-heart-attack and make their best efforts to stand above their vicious need for this game for its own sake. Or maybe as he slept only four hours, he did it allowed by unconsiousness...
    But the truth is at least something you can rely on. Evasives only make it harder to withstand.

*:Words of gods anyways, don't get me wrong... at least gods in starbound, as they made the light, the land and the penguins... oh ... I love them... those fluffy
    penguins...

Toryu-Mau likes this.
  10. TheKeyLimit

TheKeyLimit Phantasmal Quasar

I read the whole post, and my reaction was:

.....Uh?

soul4heat likes this.
  11. masher14

masher14 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

My design teachers once told us that Programmers are the worst at making estimations. Hahaha, turns out it's kinda true.

But don't worry! By the looks of things you're still working hard at it. Thanks!

12. soul4heat

LOL yeah I get that :) Have to keep it fun and mind bending random. lol it's the coffee that talks mostly.

Toryu-Mau and AdenSword like this.
  13. Tom Baker

Tom Baker Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You didn't buy the GAME, you bought access to the game and the beta when they come out. Be patient.

RicardRC likes this.
  14. RicardRC

RicardRC Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It's interesting how many game industry related students and professionals, or at least well over "hello world" people, is gathring here....

15. cecil1994

cecil1994 Star Wrangler

I am now fantasing about zipping around, releasing a devastating barrage of shotgun shells into monsters(and people's) faces.

16. Fatheed

Fatheed Aquatic Astronaut

This would be me reading the update for today.

That being said, this isn't a criticism. It's cool they vary their posts based on what people want.:whoop:

[​IMG]

Freddy and RicardRC like this.
  17. Cadaver

Cadaver Aquatic Astronaut

Has anyone else pointed that Worms does have mutable terrain? At least Worms Reloaded does; I haven't played the Gamecube one.

18. Takigushi

Takigushi Aquatic Astronaut

And man he/she is right. (This is comming from a former programmer. I'm really glad I switched to Network engineering)

masher14 and Toryu-Mau like this.
  19. Silican Beat

Silican Beat Subatomic Cosmonaut

You.
    See this :

Axe Garian likes this.
  20. EarthlyOdin

EarthlyOdin Phantasmal Quasar

Will there be more types of grappling hooks like in Terrarria?

Axe Garian likes this.