27th May - A challenge room appears!

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, May 27, 2015.

1. mollygos submitted a new blog post:

27th May - A challenge room appears!

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Axe Garian, rhomboid, Tamorr and 15 others like this.
  2. tomatelopes

tomatelopes Subatomic Cosmonaut

Now I want that boxing gloves. :\

3. NerArth

NerArth Pangalactic Porcupine

Are there invisible wiring blocks at work here? Such as proximity wire triggers or area/zone triggers?

4. Galactic Avatar

Galactic Avatar Cosmic Narwhal

Nice! I'm just trying to figure out how your supposed to know when to duck or jump?

5. GenoMech

GenoMech Cosmic Narwhal

I knew unarmed weapons could be a thing lol

Relten and General Nuclear like this.
  6. Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

I actually like those boxing gloves, even if the animation looks like a gentle tap.

Excited for this update, Colonization in a sandbox is something I've wanted to do in an epic space game since first reading about (the disappointment that is) Spore.
    And guns are going to be great and as plentful as melee weapons, there are real things to find underground.. Massive silly boxing gloves <3. Just so much going on at once, it's amazing.

Not to mention all the other stuff. :3

Edit:
    I prefer full-armed weapons. ;)
    I still wish vanilla chargeable arm cannons were a thing. Most complicated thing I've worked on in a long time, especially since the game isn't designed for them.

Relten, Greenfinger, Tamorr and 6 others like this.
  7. volnues

volnues Void-Bound Voyager

I want those laser projectiles in my life now!!!!!![DOUBLEPOST=1432744289][/DOUBLEPOST]
    You could make a arm cannon by making a drawable for it then putting it on the buster

8. Varixai

Varixai Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

When a giant laser beam is coming at you.
    ---

Huh, that challenge room definitely looks like a lot of the laser dungeons Quiqksilver made.. But I know he is just starting to dig into making dungeons with Tiled. Anyway, that one is looking fun, can't wait to try it out.

For future updates this week, do you have any new concept art you could show us? Or any tidbits about the overhauled floran mission and/or future missions (Avian, Apex, Hylotl)?

Last edited: May 27, 2015
    DaedricShadow and volnues like this.
  9. Towerbooks3192

Towerbooks3192 Void-Bound Voyager

Any word if the bug where characters can't create wooden platforms will be fixed soon in the nightly updates?

10. General Nuclear

General Nuclear Supernova

YEAY! KGB Killing Gloves of Boxing Heavy weapon guy approve
    And that platform map:up::mwahaha: Super! job devs

11. Ridge106

Ridge106 Void-Bound Voyager

They already have a mod for that.

12. joaorafaelrr

joaorafaelrr Subatomic Cosmonaut

Guys, i'm not playing Starbound right now. I''m playing Witcher 3. But i always check your page and i can say that i'm not playing the game because i want to see the final product. I can say that i love this story of chalenge room and the dungeon with leasers! WOW!
    Love you guys!

Greenfinger likes this.
  13. shannyxvx

shannyxvx Space Spelunker

unarmed weapons would be awesome and great for variety :) there could also be brass knuckles/gauntlets, or gauntlets that give off electric charges or other elemental abilities, maybe a pushback with a gust of wind?

Tamorr and n1t3n like this.
  14. The challenge room looks fun, Always glad to see new traps and inventive new blocks. My favorite Megaman stages were the ones with the shifting in and out blocks.

NerArth likes this.
  15. Kitsune241

Kitsune241 Void-Bound Voyager

Boxing gloves? Pretty cool. Challenge dungeon? Neat. The floors light up when you step on them? WANT.

Greenfinger, Tamorr, n1t3n and 2 others like this.
  16. wiillo

wiillo Void-Bound Voyager

soooo
    iis the challenge room goiing to be an extensiion to the ark? maybe iit could start on the random pllatform iin the top lleft of the ark or even the hiidden area iin the llunar base miissiion.

17. Unclever title

Unclever title Cosmic Narwhal

Wait, how would you operate a console with boxing gloves on?

D3AD_FIRE and PabloM like this.
  18. Yanazake

Yanazake Space Kumquat

Alright, my pants are full of bricks now thanks to that challenge gif. I think i'll have to get the movement-tweaking mod...

Greenfinger likes this.
  19. dropdead

dropdead Big Damn Hero

Looks good although I'm not interested in this kind of gameplay at all. Was never one for jump `n run and the like. I like the possibility to explore and do what I want so I just hope that you keep people in mind that just want to roam and not depend on 1001 quests that have to be done before you get something interesting. I mean I play games like DMC, Witcher, Dragon Age and Skyrim and whatnot and these have their own bosses. But I still love games like Terraria, Minecraft or Starbound and one reason is exactly the relatively stress free roaming (aside from more or less severe OCD problems with ore) and just... well... looking at things, grow a crop or two, put down the occasional snotty monster and do just that. Hang about.

Edit: I tried to "crow a crop". Didn't work, so I decided to grow it instead. <headdesk>

Jonesy and NerArth like this.
  20. Royal_Starlord

Royal_Starlord Big Damn Hero

FIST BASED COMBAT!!! 8D
    [​IMG]