8th September Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Armagon, Sep 9, 2013.

1. PumQin

PumQin Orbital Explorer

Blood and guts is fun and all, yes. But I'd say gore is still very much childish, more than it is 'mature'. I wouldn't call a game kiddish because it lacks gratuitous graphic violence.

2. Disco2

Disco2 Existential Complex

Great job :chucklefish:

tassina and Axe Garian like this.
  3. Caidoz

Caidoz Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Looks cool, although I wish the aftereffect sprite were the same shape, at least roughly, as the player. Would be weird to have a Hylotl with a tall fin leaving a normal human shaped after-image.

Axe Garian likes this.
  4. Wulpher

Wulpher Subatomic Cosmonaut

This is epic, I love the tech implementation. Is the bug that caused all those issues fixed though? The i49 crashing thing? No sarcasm, I really do like the double jump/dash combo, makes melee a little more feasible at higher ranking difficulties.

5. Synestra

Synestra Sandwich Man

nice effect Armagon, this game is really shaped up nicely~
    can't wait to play it!

nice work as always team :)

6. Rex Chestington

Rex Chestington Star Wrangler

I see what you mean. I didn't imply the game was kiddish for it, I was refering to the animation. Like RynCage said, it's a little static and not as satisfying. Maybe because it's not a finished poduct, but I'd just like to see some more impact to our weapons. Like I said earlier, not blatant "Gore" (i.e. the hills have eyes) but just some "realistic"-looking death-animations.

The kid inside me is reall heckling me for this ....

7. Cyriel

Cyriel Pangalactic Porcupine

My jaw is somewhere on the floor right now.

8. Difiv3

Difiv3 Space Spelunker

Awesome GIF! :D looks really really good.

9. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

That's some real insightful posting there.

10. Themastadon85

Themastadon85 Aquatic Astronaut

You all are saying there is no gore or exploding/dismembered monsters in the game based off of 2 examples? Maybe its just part of this monster? I mean.. every monster is unique? Maybe the monster tiy killed in his livestream is a monster that gets dismembered, and this one is more like a... "sand monster". Its part of the desert and turns back into desert?

I dont know, but it might just be that every monster dies differently. If it isn't it would be a nice addition :)

Axe Garian and Rex Chestington like this.
  11. Mermidion

Mermidion Industrial Terraformer

Damn now i want a Megaman Suit and a Mega-Blaster in Starbound...I can totally see it as high tier stuff.

Wildaces22 and Axe Garian like this.
  12. sonic5202

sonic5202 Industrial Terraformer

and months pass in 2013 ...

13. Argthrond

Argthrond Oxygen Tank

Dashing looks great, good job guys!

Axe Garian likes this.
  14. Themastadon85

Themastadon85 Aquatic Astronaut

Ahh don't worry! The longest it might still take is 2 and a half month! The devs sayd themselves: Rest assured, we will release in 2013!

So. Worst case scenario its 2 and a half month. So its almost here!

tassina likes this.
  15. Munchkin

Munchkin Subatomic Cosmonaut

Saw bartwe working on the double jump and dash over the last few days - they really look like an awesome addition :) GJ Guys n Gals!

16. Munchkin

Munchkin Subatomic Cosmonaut

Just think that the longer you wait the more you have to play, and more means awesome features to test like these :D

17. R234

R234 Contact!

I second this! Make it happen!

18. Seir

Seir Phantasmal Quasar

Honestly, I'm more-so frustrated about what Andrew Spinks has to say. xP Needs me muh sandboxes! Hahahaha.

19. JennShii

JennShii Pangalactic Porcupine

YEAH!!!!
    This is exciting~
    Dashing.jpg

20. Amber Talamasca

Amber Talamasca Pangalactic Porcupine

You look absolutely dashing indeed!
    How many tech's can one apply at the same time? And would there maybe later on be items that combined tech's?

And that sense of freedom is something i really look forward to. Thats one of the biggest problems i had with terraria, it felt like everything stopped you from moving.

LastDay, NixeonLow and Zailiner like this.