8th September Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Armagon, Sep 9, 2013.

1. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

I was just waiting for someone to actually count them. Thanks. :up:

Axe Garian, Lord Hatty and tassina like this.
  2. Them League of Legends terms.

3. LastDay

LastDay Heliosphere

That looks like a lot of fun! :)
    Probably had some inspiration from Castlevania, huh?

Axe Garian likes this.
  4. RainbowStarBoy

RainbowStarBoy Space Spelunker

Not enough, not enough. Quick someone bring me a glue stick and some googly eyes!! :lolwut:

5. On3fatalshot

On3fatalshot Starship Captain

Lord Hatty and tassina like this.
  6. Rex Chestington

Rex Chestington Star Wrangler

The combat looks awesome and the dash sure adds alot more depth to it. Reminds me a little of the Super Smash Bros combat! (And that can only be a compliment, I reckon)

One small issue I do have though: I've commented this on the I49 video as well...

Where is the gore at? I saw videos of Tiys live stream a few weeks ago and when monsters died, their body parts would fly all over the place with blood pixels pouring out. The current animation of monsters flickering and then sort of disappearing in a poofy white cloud, doesn't feel quite as satisfying to me honestly.

Will there possibly be a "Gore" Option at all?

7. Sophisticated Mayhem

Sophisticated Mayhem Scruffy Nerf-Herder

What?! Dashing with an after image?! WANT. WANT. SO MUCH WANT.

Axe Garian and tassina like this.
  8. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

I remember there being talk of having a gore option. I'm not sure what's planned, but it would be a good addition. I don't personally see the appeal of gratuitous gore in a game like this in any case.

9. TheLoanArranger

TheLoanArranger Ketchup Robot

Like the animation. Looks like it's triggered by double tap, though- I can see accidentally flying off a ledge when trying to adjust my position a little bit :V

10. Remnant Drive

Remnant Drive Pangalactic Porcupine

Dear God, that gif is delicious.

Be still, my heart.

Silican Beat, Axe Garian and tassina like this.
  11. Rex Chestington

Hmmm... I hope there is a "Gore" option, in the sense that "it replaces the poofy white cloud-death animation". I don't want blatant gore in a game like this, but just a little impact in the weapons would (imho) carry this game into a more serious level. To make the comparisson with Terraria, enemies would also get dismembered with a splat, without actually being "gorey".
    But I'm glad there has been talks about this at least :DD

12. AdachiTheGreat

AdachiTheGreat Void-Bound Voyager

I feel like that since the day I've been waiting for this game, it's been training my patience. Cause now I feel like I can seriously wait for things. :D

tassina and Axe Garian like this.
  13. RynCage

RynCage 3.1415926535897...

If there isn't a gore option, it better end up being a mod at the very least.
    Am I fighting piles of dust or actual creatures? Exploding into a cloud just wouldn't do it for me.
    Shit, if I had it my way, After you slay a creature, its corpse would remain on the ground for X amount of in-game days before slowly rotting away into bones [which you can collect?] and then vanishing sometime after that. But simple blood N guts effects would be enough.

Rex Chestington likes this.
  14. TheJudge

TheJudge Space Penguin Leader

Looking good

15. Renlou

Renlou Industrial Terraformer

Well, I guess it would be a little bit tricky to implement and doesn't always look good, but maybe something like this would be better for the dash animation?: dash.png

damagedice6, Sachiel, tassina and 6 others like this.
  16. Rex Chestington

Amen to that! It just feels a bit kiddish. (This is my sole complaint about the game so far, before I get crucified and broken on the wheel for being a hater of the game...). Blood and guts would be swell, especially if not all blood would be red and possibly acidic (Aliens reference, hooooooo!). Hopefully the hack n' slash combat can be followed up with sweet, delicious GORE :proper::viking:

17. Autzome

Autzome Black Hole Surfer

it's be cool to see some Ranged type tech, like sticking to walls or possibly rolling to avoid bullets all together.

damagedice6, tassina and Lord Hatty like this.
  18. Autzome

Autzome Black Hole Surfer

i could see this being post release. it would take a bit of time to make sure your armor always shows up.

19. XDarkPhoenixX

XDarkPhoenixX Pangalactic Porcupine

Cool.

Some1 posted something about maybe being able to colour the dash.

Would be cool to be able to do that. Then I can make it a black/shadow dash and not be lit up like a christmas tree while trying to ninja people.

20. Sir.drake

Sir.drake Cosmic Narwhal

that is the best update with the super speed and the jumping :up: