8th and 9th October progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Oct 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

No need to be rude. It's just a way of phrasing the question.

Wikipedia is always a good source.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roguelike

In particular, look at what the "Berlin Interpretation" is. It's a fairly good guideline for the high-level concepts typical of roguelikes; random generation, magical items, turn-based combat, singleplayer gameplay, permadeath, etc.

2. NeoSabin

NeoSabin Master Chief

If guards begin fighting a monster and you pull out your weapon to help will this make the guards attention turn towards you?

Solaeis likes this.
  3. Cathriana

Cathriana Phantasmal Quasar

Thanks love. <3

Jonesy likes this.
  4. failcake

failcake Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Pills here! Srlys that huge spinning thing looks like a pill

Jonesy and Ἄνουβις like this.
  5. ShadetheDruid

ShadetheDruid Pangalactic Porcupine

"Surprise!" *Nuclear explosion*

Bluehelix likes this.
  6. Siques

Siques Void-Bound Voyager

Every step you will take ends up being a step to another biome. :viking:

7. Cyan4235

Cyan4235 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

OCD GO! o3o

[​IMG]

reversePsychologist likes this.
  8. Frodew

Frodew Scruffy Nerf-Herder

They were shown in a livestream, as far as I could tell they rest in the sky with an anchor that holds it to the ground. You can climb this anchor then board the ship. I don't think they actually move though.

SomaSam and Trowzers like this.
  9. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

Honestly I get Risk of Rain vibes from that shrine/altar/whatever it is.

10. XIII

XIII Void-Bound Voyager

No. The cake is a lie.

11. Kilo

Kilo Pangalactic Porcupine

Holy Rickety Rotating Refrigerators, Batman! Although I have to admit, now I'm curious as to what exactly I can expect them to do. Random positive or negative effects? or since he said spring, can I expect random health and energy restoration A-la Diablo II?

12. OneOnlyDan

OneOnlyDan Cosmic Narwhal

I want this game so badly. Sometimes I wonder if I really want Chuckelfish teasing us with these or not... then I realize I would most likely die of desperation if they stopped :/

Also, nice update.

13. Seburo

Seburo Subatomic Cosmonaut

It spins and spins and spins...and...spins...

14. Pringlesniffer

Pringlesniffer Orbital Explorer

As long as Chucklefish keeps their word and releases the beta this year, we only have two or so months left. If they don't keep their promise it's most likely going to be another Cube World fiasco and I'll get my money back.

Solaeis likes this.
  15. MyLittleBurger

MyLittleBurger Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So I'm sort of wonder, what's in the box (capsule)?

16. destrozates

destrozates Void-Bound Voyager

Very good work!! and an inmense "Hoorray" to the development team.

17. yay899

yay899 Void-Bound Voyager

I think I earned myself a victory twirl!

What happened with Cube World? I kind of fell out of the loop until it released because I didn't know he was moving the blog part of the blog over to the new site as well.

18. Hilkyshtuff

Hilkyshtuff Subatomic Cosmonaut

Yay for guards fighting stuff other than me! Now while they're busy over there...

19. SnakeX

SnakeX Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Really liking how extensive the NPC AI is now. Smart AI adds a lot to a game so I'm enjoying these AI-focused updates quite a bit. Good stuff team! :up:

Also, in regards to that floating capsule: if it's similar to a fountain or shrine in a roguelike then that likely means that activating/opening the capsule will provide some sort of positive effect on the player, which could range from something like instant-healing/full energy or some sort of temporary boost of some kind. Of course, it could also have negative effects since that isn't that uncommon in certain roguelikes either. Either way, exciting stuff!

Presumably the AI would prioritize the hostile enemy that is actually attacking them as opposed to a player that simply has his/her weapon out. Though I'd imagine if a player is going to jump into the fray he/she would have to be careful about not accidentally taking a swing at the guards.

20. Seburo

Seburo Subatomic Cosmonaut

I had this problem all the time when I was trying to help NPCs in TES games, I would always hit one by mistake while trying to help them. :rofl:

Yanazake likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.