8th and 9th October progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Oct 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. riseoflegends

riseoflegends Subatomic Cosmonaut

Since I haven't played many roguelikes, can anyone tell me what it is fountains and shrines do in those games?

2. SteelSoldier

SteelSoldier Existential Complex

Love this update overall!

3. 2.4

2.4 Void-Bound Voyager

@SomaSam
    "Huzzah, airships! But are they like your space ship, or is it a building high in the sky of a planet, like a dungeon?And now that we have space pirates, all we need now is zombies and it will be just like SPAZ!:)

The shrines also sound like a very cool feature, but if they are anything like what you would find in a rogue-like, then they will most likely kill you 9 times out of ten!"
    (the Quote Button Glitched out so i did this, Deal with it)

Im guessing the Airship is gonna be like the ship in the first Mario Games. Looks like a ship, is really like a floating castle of sorts

im gonna play the living crap outta this game when its out, its gonna feel violated.

tassina likes this.
  4. Trowzers

Trowzers Existential Complex

Glad to see the NPC's now attack hostile creatures, keeping the town clear so you can trade and steal stuff chat in peace.

Can't wait to see the Avian airships!

And ooooo mystery boxes! I love mystery boxes! Even if they explode in your face most of the time! :DD I should stick one in my fan fic story to keep the characters on their toes!

5. SteelSoldier

They can either heal, or summon the power of deities to help you or kill you.
    So this thing in particular might actually be a good thing or bad thing.

6. Sir.drake

Sir.drake Cosmic Narwhal

the gif loops good :rainbow:

7. asdfghjkl1234567890

asdfghjkl1234567890 Big Damn Hero

Haha how I wish I were you my friend. I found out about starbound pretty darn early. D:
    Better yet I wish I'd find out bout this after its release. Oh well can't change it now. :p

NovastarX and Zerbyte like this.
  8. Diagnosan

Diagnosan Subatomic Cosmonaut

Any thought to a "suggest a mini-biome" thread like the ones you were doing a while back?

9. Nedox

Nedox Void-Bound Voyager

Now that I've done most of what there is to do in the ol' Terraria 1.2 update... I'm gettin' that beta rash again... it itches... IT ITCHES! BETABETABETA okay I'm done now.

10. DaydraStardust

DaydraStardust Void-Bound Voyager

Another wonderful update...keep up the good work. The fate of many yet un-created galaxies rests in your no doubt very capable hands my dear developers. ;) No pressure or anything.

11. Brassqund

Brassqund Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

no

Nice update.
    I love the part a mystery...
    what is the surprise inside? :p

12. darkparadise

darkparadise Big Damn Hero

i thought the gif was of a subway car or something out a moving window... sure it looks better in-game..

13. Chobin

Chobin Phantasmal Quasar

Well that's not very polite. But no, it just takes me a while to formulate and write down my thoughts and most people don't read very much beyond the first page, if even that. I can understand that securing a front page post seems rather pathetic and I do agree with you on that, but when I happen to have the rare opportunity to actually sign on right when an update has been posted and grab up a spot where my questions can actually be seen and, dare I hope, even be answered, I'm going to jump for it.

I do hope that you don't think less of me for simply making use of the edit button.

14. Yanazake

Yanazake Space Kumquat

This sounds very interesting. Sounds a BIT like a suggestion i gave somewhere. I wonder if we can take down the ship and salvage materials after it crashes.
    No, we need ninjas. TURTLE ninjas. :D

I'm not sure what the spinny thing is supposed to do tho. If it gives a random result, good or bad, that can be rather interesting too!

I have to say, this is pretty smart. Gives him more of a chance to get answers for things bugging his mind, and if he's THAT MUCH into questioning the game development, content and updates, i say go for it. We can probably get a thing or two out of it.

tassina and onerb2 like this.
  15. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

It was tempting to edit your post to add "because I'm lazy", but I decided against it as it would be an abuse of my power. But still, at least some of us have a glance over the update before posting.

16. Pringlesniffer

Pringlesniffer Orbital Explorer

For those who don't know what Fountains or Shrines do in Roguelikes.

They tend to give you random and some times permanent buffs for your characters stats. It's a 50/50 chance of ether getting a decent one or a horrible one. I clicked on some horrible shrines and fountains in Diablo back in the day.

17. RizzRustbolt

RizzRustbolt Existential Complex

Nope.

It's ninja penguins.

tassina, NovastarX and Gruntdonttoot like this.
  18. Chobin

Chobin Phantasmal Quasar

I did in fact read over the entire update before posting but that was exactly why I was so quick to make my own post. If I wanted any chance of my questions being seen or answered it had to be done before the crowd rushed in with 'hooray for an update' and 'hooray I'm so excited' and 'when's the beta?' I understand that my questions will, one way or another, be answered regardless of whether or not I ask, but the chance to actually ask said questions where they can actually be viewed by someone who would know the answers is at least mildly important to me.

I know that it isn't your job to be nice to me just because you're a moderator. I know how childish it may have seemed to post the way I did, and how it may have been taken as just another 'whee, I got the first page' post. I know you don't actually give a damn about me or my opinion or my feelings or what I'm saying now. But without any provocation you have been horribly rude to me in the span of two posts and have made entirely thoughtless accusations that I am lazy and that I didn't care to read anything before immediately jumping in to post.

I do not want you to, nor do I expect you to, apologize for the blunt and, frankly, outright rude behavior. But I do wish to ask that you at least consider that there may have been at least a little bit of thought before the initial 'To be edited for content' post.

samufel, tassina and Gene like this.
  19. SteelSoldier

I don´t think this is the place to do that discussion, if you want to discuss that, you probably should message the moderator himself and not try to solve this dispute on this thread.

20. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

I guess you're right. I know when I've crossed the line, and I fear I was rushing to conclusions. As you do not want an apology, I instead substitute an assurance that I won't make this mistake again.

Yeah. We'll leave it at that, then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.