7th of August, 2014: Blog of Dev

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by GeorgeV, Aug 7, 2014.

1. PositivAndroid

PositivAndroid Phantasmal Quasar

[​IMG]

Anyways I'm really interested to see how the new crafting system turns out.

yclatious likes this.
  2. SilverDarkBlade

SilverDarkBlade Subatomic Cosmonaut

too many "ums" not enough "ites" or other suffixes for rock/crystal types

MysticMalevolence likes this.
  3. Psycho Hyena

Psycho Hyena Phantasmal Quasar

You guys sure chop and change your ores a lot. I remember when some of them were blatantly named after team members.

4. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

A sphincer says whaaat?

5. Areyon3339

Areyon3339 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Rubium.

Brilliant

6. Mackerel II

Mackerel II Void-Bound Voyager

Yo, looks good, looking forward to the new less linear progress, somehow I guess this is part of that.

Any chance we can get quenched (hardened) iron and steel. Like iron + water or something for a boost to stats?

7. MikoLightning

MikoLightning Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Wait a sec, does this mean no Copper, Silver and Gold anymore? :( I really liked the 3 ores as starter ores. Those higher tier ores could be only found in higher sectors and the lower tier ores like Copper in the low 2 sectors with the chance to find the other higher tier ores as well but with a very small chance compared to the other 2 sectors in space.

8. Vik_SMG

Vik_SMG Void-Bound Voyager

It's all 1 sector now.That's probably also why there'll be no copper,silver and gold.

9. Kyasupah

Kyasupah Pangalactic Porcupine

Anyone else having various types of ore simply vanish when you mine them? Copper can be obtained just fine, but so far iron, gold, silver, diamonds, and core fragments are bugged :( I'm playing nightly btw.

Edit: Oh lol, my bad. I just needed a copper pickaxe :p

Last edited: Aug 8, 2014
  10. korda

korda Pangalactic Porcupine

I wonder if they increase amount of uranium (and how abundant will Plutonium be)?

If understand correctly new armor system Cerulium, Ferozium and Impervium are on same tier right now (just used for different class armor)? I guess that means Uranium and Plutonium should stay rare...

11. steelwing

steelwing Big Damn Hero

Very nice, George!
    I'm guessing you haven't worked on copper yet, since I don't see it there? Or is copper being removed and armorcrafting being reworked at early tiers?

12. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

Again, they never said that there's no copper/silver/gold anymore.

13. Psycho Hyena

Psycho Hyena Phantasmal Quasar

I don't know quite what you mean by that but don't you remember this old thing? Really can't help but feel they're kind of making it up as they go along.

[​IMG]

14. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Oh, that. I hadn't even noticed! And of course they're making shit up as they go. The best laid plans aren't laid at all -- just ask Harrison Ford.

Lintton likes this.
  15. R_C_A^

R_C_A^ Pangalactic Porcupine

I don't think you understood what i meant, as i did not say remove the metals, i meant just the armors. I posted other ideas in using the precious metals, such as in electronics, or other crafting applications. I know they wouldn't remove them altogether, because that WOULD be silly. :p

16. NintendoYoshiMetroid

NintendoYoshiMetroid Void-Bound Voyager

It would be nice if you could put some of this awesome stuff into the Beta's because it's pushing people away from the game :(

17. Demos_Tex

Demos_Tex Orbital Explorer

It's nice to see all these changes. I used to play the guessing game with some ores when I was in farming mode. Is it silver, or platinum, or titanium? Let's find out!

Shouldn't prisilium be a little more...oh, I don't know...fluffier?

[​IMG]

yclatious and Bonabopn like this.
  18. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

Have you tried the Nightly beta? It's really broken, but it updates every day so chucklefish can go "THIS IS WHY WE HAVEN'T UPDATED YET, STOP ASKING"
    (FYI it might eat your saves, back up your player/ship/universe files!)

Demos_Tex likes this.
  19. Flagdread

Flagdread Big Damn Hero

Um, why does the steel ingot like exactly the same as the titanium ingot now?

20. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Because your eyesight isn't quite optimal. I find titanium to look noticably purple-er than steel.

Steel: █ #E9E9E9
    Titanium: █ #DAD8ED

Haha what manner of bullshit is this? The different contrast on this board makes them look more similar :D

Alsanu likes this.