7th of August, 2014: Blog of Dev

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by GeorgeV, Aug 7, 2014.

1. Zeliarden

Zeliarden Space Hobo

I think Solarium is a bad material name as it already exists as a word for sunbed

2. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Then just use "sunbed" for a sunbed, silly.

Alsanu and Cat656 like this.
  3. SalmonMax

SalmonMax Title Not Found

Or maybe, to be cheeky, they can include a craftable sunbed that's called a Solarium. And the description is "Not the fuel." And the description for the fuel says "Not the sunbed."

Boom. Problem solved. :)

4. Vuldreg

Vuldreg Cosmic Narwhal

I think it would be nice if they made a block for the Prisilium to be turned into, Only thing with ores i didn't care much for is you combined coal with every ore never actually requiring multiple ores to make some thing better.

Speed Lightning likes this.
  5. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

Heh, i was just thinking earlier about how it'd be neat to use plutonium and uranium for the alloys instead of coal.

But why is Cerulium an upgrade of Rubium now? I prefer the current cerulium/violium combination.

Also, i don't like that the 'bars' aren't all bars, some being crystals.

6. Speed Lightning

Speed Lightning Phantasmal Quasar

These look rather interesting. If any exist, I would recommend using the unused files for ores and materials. I also recommend that you create more equipment tiers for each class. If you wish to create a jack-of-all-trades class, perhaps the prisilium material would work rather well for that.

Cat656 likes this.
  7. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

Not had trouble with those in distinction... It is the ones like silver vs titanium vs platinum that was a difficult to tell apart. But other than that things look well with what you presented. :D

Hopefully touch-ups in distinction with go to the other ores as well. Well progress is progress. :)

8. SupertankerZambda

SupertankerZambda Void-Bound Voyager

I now have a reason to craft fuel rods! Yesss!

MysticMalevolence likes this.
  9. nours77

nours77 Sandwich Man

the most hard to see is the silver and titanium, the tools ore we see all time with the titane requires little time of play to distinguish, the other have their own color then no problem.
    there are remains few metals to add, i hope by race a specific metal, for they ultimate armor or weapon...

10. Sir_Pixelot

Sir_Pixelot Void-Bound Voyager

Prisilium looks like it could maybe be higher than impervium. Kinda like the rainbow is the most powerful.

11. Vuldreg

Vuldreg Cosmic Narwhal

so far only thing i know of to use the Prisilium is the painting tool, Though it could have many uses in the future.

edit:although that may be from a mod that the paint tool uses those as the wiki says titanium panels instead of the prisilium

12. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Hmmm, did you guys just not include some of the ores yet, or are you outright removing Silver, Gold, and Platinum?

IMO, you guys could just outright remove Platinum; It seems too hard to distinguish it from Silver. Surely there's another ore or something you can think of to take Platinum's place. Maybe Cobalt? There's no deep blue ores in the graphic you posted above.

And I'd have to agree with a few others that Iron+Oil=Steel doesn't make much sense.

13. DigitizedSoul

DigitizedSoul Scruffy Nerf-Herder

14. Milan Mree

Milan Mree Ketchup Robot

Good job on Titanium. That crap always killed me.

15. fidgetwidget

fidgetwidget Subatomic Cosmonaut

I like the chart, but wow! REALLY reduced the number of ores in the game then?
    would love to see a few of them come back (copper, tin, silver)... but I can understand that they were not all that unique visually to one another... and gameplay wise, maybe didn't add that much to the game.

Never the less, if mining is going to be a path players can take to earn pixels, making sure there is enough variety in reward mechanisms will matter.

I DO really like the fact new fuels will be at play in the creation of alloys. :D

16. MysticMalevolence

MysticMalevolence Oxygen Tank

...Should I be worried that my armor is made from radioactive material?

17. OnaNisM

OnaNisM Void-Bound Voyager

It look weird because we're used to it in Starbound but oil is an hydrocarbon and steel is an alloy made of iron and carbon.

Just saying ;)

Cyrix likes this.
  18. Demonoid74

Demonoid74 Star Wrangler

wait , there isn't going to be any unobtainium ore?

19. Thundercraft

Thundercraft Phantasmal Quasar

It's not just weird or very strange. It does not make much sense. Steel is supposed to be made with coke or coal. I suspect oil will be a lot harder to come by than coal. :lod: And if it is, then this might be yet another aspect of Starbound that I will be forced to mod just to make this "easier" (i.e., less of a grind).

For that matter, though, it seems pretty strange that Durasteel requires Uranium Rods, or that Cerulium and Ferozium both require Plutonium Rods. Again, doesn't make much sense. (Wouldn't that make those alloys highly radioactive?) And if Uranium and Plutonium ores are anywhere near as rare as they currently are, I don't see how they expect us to make much use of those alloys. :badpokerface:Though, if Uranium and Plutonium ores were commonplace, then that would make it a very strange universe, indeed. D:

Please tell me these formulas are not final.

20. R_C_A^

R_C_A^ Pangalactic Porcupine

IF, they get rid of silver,gold, and plat armors, that don't bother me as i kinda hated such soft metals being used for defensive armors... Instead they should be used in crafting other things. Like use gold as a better conductor of electricity in superior circuits.