7th June Update

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by OmnipotentEntity, Jun 8, 2013.

1. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

IMO, i think posting a fake trailer on the homepage, of all places, is very unfunny. :c

2. Necrius

Necrius Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I guess now we officially have the worst daily update in daily updates' history.

3. fadohacolu

fadohacolu Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I've never had my hopes and dreams stomped on quite so hard...

AdenSword likes this.
  4. Paradigm

Paradigm Master Chief

I'm glad Chucklefish is taking time out of its busy schedule to take the piss out of its fans. Fans who - in good faith - furthered its cause by well over a million dollars.

I'm actually contemplating requesting a refund on my pre-order, as I don't take kindly to such an attitude towards an army of fans who have been very loyal for a very long time now.

flamedance58 and AdenSword like this.
  5. TheForeignHunter

TheForeignHunter Subatomic Cosmonaut

:whaaat: Sometime's i hate chucklefish, but then i love them after haha! The Trailer......:iswydt:

AdenSword likes this.
  6. Lost in Nowhere

Lost in Nowhere Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That was the weirdest trailer I have ever seen.

AdenSword likes this.
  7. Necrius

Necrius Scruffy Nerf-Herder

After this trailer I'm gonna wait for 75-80% discount on steam. I'm totally not buying this for full price.

LeifGram likes this.
  8. kesvalk

kesvalk Cosmic Narwhal

that update was strange...

kyren is doing something...
    bartwe too, but whatever...

oh! and here is a troll video!

AdenSword likes this.
  9. Devious_Psychopath

Devious_Psychopath Gotta Catch 'em All! Mk.2

Omni! Why?! We trusted you!

AdenSword likes this.

10. I think the thing to remember here is that Starbound is a game, and games are meant to be fun. Our fans have been very loyal to us, and we're grateful, and we've in turn been very loyal to our fans-- let's not forget that the video in question was posted at the end of a daily progress update. How many developers post daily updates on their game's progress? Our audience wanted more frequent updates, and they've gotten them. Excuse us for trying to keep things light and funny in the process.

Anyway, we're not "taking the piss out of" our fans. It was just a joke. I hope most people understood that.
    But if you're that offended by a developer daring to crack a joke once in awhile, I will gladly refund your pre-order.

11. mario3585

mario3585 Void-Bound Voyager

I forgive you though :)

12. LFPO8k

LFPO8k Subatomic Cosmonaut

there is something odd with the video... Not sure why, but it seems a bit different from gameplay footage... maybe the development was taken on a different direction?

13. Yeah we decided to go for the whole next gen, photorealistic thing. It's all the rage.

AdenSword, Karamunin, Haslet and 5 others like this.
  14. Masasume

Masasume Title Not Found

I was so excited when I got to the part about the trailer. Thought "Oh yay the trailer we were told about in the May newsletter is finally here! Now I can show all my friends exactly what Starbound is so they will pre-order the game too!" And then I saw what it really was... I haven't been this disappointed since...ever :cry:

AdenSword likes this.
  15. Bonabopn

It's like turning up, dressed in the right uniform, to a house that's ordered pizza, and giving them an empty box.
    Where's our piiizzaaaaa D:

16. Masasume

Masasume Title Not Found

Being a pizza delivery guy I'm pretty sure that the average paying customer would be very upset if I ever did that =|

17. Eris

Eris Void-Bound Voyager

ยท

Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
  18. Solstice

Solstice Void-Bound Voyager

That video. I liked it.
    BBL, gonna watch the rest of his videos.

19. Bonabopn

(Well, except they are getting a 'pizza' eventually, it's just getting their hopes up early as a joke)

AdenSword likes this.
  20. Bman2095

Bman2095 Aquatic Astronaut

I didn't like the trailer. There wasn't enough gameplay.

AdenSword likes this.