6th October Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Oct 7, 2013.

1. MyLittleBurger

MyLittleBurger Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The guards won't pursue you like you killed their king? But I like having my guards trying to pursue me, even if it was just for some insignificant thing.

Earthboundtothestars likes this.
  2. Okari

Okari Space Spelunker

Fair enough of a point.

Earthboundtothestars likes this.
  3. SeeJay

SeeJay Tentacle Wrangler

Looks really cool. Thanks for the update!

4. Bazoril

Bazoril Void-Bound Voyager

A lot of the devs are as excited as a lot of the players and i think that excitement is contagious. So yes the devs are definitely to blame for spreading their excitement just not to blame for a lot of the misunderstandings coming with this ^.^

Legodude1237 and tassina like this.
  5. Vampir1991

Vampir1991 Industrial Terraformer

What if I tell on you for more explosives in the city, and then suddenly it will blow up?

6. TheJudge

TheJudge Space Penguin Leader

:eek: No screenshots :cry:

7. Deathgarnet

Deathgarnet Title Not Found

How will you make it up to us though molly. HOW !!

8. thetokenshadow

thetokenshadow Big Damn Hero

The guards follow you around telling you to put yer weapons away? But what if yer a living weapon, like a martial artist? Would the guards force you to wear giant padded mittens and foam footies? Would they even know yer lethal when unarmed? What if you have fangs? Must Florans wear muzzles or do they simply need to hide their teeth when they talk? And pets! Some of those are dangerous too. Does Fluffy have to stay in a crate while I head into town to buy a pencil...or is a leash satisfactory? Oh, and speaking of Floran, what if a spikey Floran runs around town naked? Has he violated TWO laws? Wait, wait, what if yer that guy who can easily kill people with ordinary household objects? ARE THE GUARDS GOING TO TAKE MY PENCIL AWAY?

These kinds of questions are why we have outlaws, folks. Next time we rob you, blame the guards.

9. Mongriph

Mongriph Master Chief

I've been looking at Starbound for almost have a year, and I can honestly say that is gonna be well worth the 15 dollars I put out. It seems all I do everyday is wait for another update!
    I keep staring at my Steam, looking for something to play while I wait. But alas I end up drawn back to this website...

10. Brionkendo

Brionkendo Master Chief

Looking forward to more lifelike planets... can we have a lets play or a video of some of these NPCS? please :chucklefish:

11. Captain Galax

Captain Galax Space Hobo

When will beta come out, please could you give an estimated date?

12. thetokenshadow

thetokenshadow Big Damn Hero

The closest estimated date we currently have is 2013 for the beta. 11 weeks tops (in theory).

tassina and Captain Galax like this.
  13. ggh325

ggh325 Subatomic Cosmonaut

/sarcasm WTF??!?!! no screenshot??!? endsarcasm/ seriously though, dungeons.

14. Cozza LIVE

Cozza LIVE Void-Bound Voyager

I can't wait to play, even with the time its taken it will be worth the awesome game it is!

15. Silvestre

Silvestre Pangalactic Porcupine

Hah, I love this, it makes me surprised when NPCs don't care if the player character has a huge weapon on his hands, flashy armor and everything else, they act like he is just the normal person. It will add a lot to the RPG factor of the game to have to put them away... or not, if you are planning on hijacking the city.

Can't wait for the possibilties. And to see how you'll make up for no screenshot or cool image... maybe... a video? wink wink!

tassina likes this.
  16. Captain Galax

Captain Galax Space Hobo

lol, cool stuff.

17. Cozza LIVE

Cozza LIVE Void-Bound Voyager

It would be awesome to actually see a video about the last couple of updates with villages, dungeons and AI, or a video on anything in the game would be nice! :up:

Silvestre likes this.
  18. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Guards forget about targets out of view for a while? My Thief senses are tingling. I sense the opportunity for a stealth mod.

19. upsdn

upsdn Yeah, You!

OMG I'm so glad you guys fixed that! I was getting sick of it, always running from the guards! What a hassle. Seems much better now.

20. onerb2

onerb2 Pangalactic Porcupine

wow, good to read such update, it seems that everything is getting close to the final touch for the beta :DD