5th October Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Armagon, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Yeah. You'd just need to make sure it isn't an annoyance. In Skyrim, for example, the Dawnguard DLC added random vampire attacks on towns. All it did for me was have unique townsfolk killed. I actually got a mod to make townsfolk invulnerable because of that addition. But if Starbound had something a little less lethal, it would at least give the guards some relevance.

tassina likes this.
  2. In my opinion things like that are really cool especially in RPG games because it makes the world feel alive, no matter what the event is (generally speaking, I'm not talking about the Skyrim example since I haven't played that DLC, besides Skyrim gets on my nerves as an "RPG" game).
    I mean, it's logical for a small town to be destroyed by I don't know... a random event in which a bunch of raiders destroy a village or something, it's tough but hey! The townsfolk could have paid more for better guards!

tassina and Jonesy like this.
  3. MasterSnop

MasterSnop Void-Bound Voyager

Nah, that's just a decoy,its clearly the guy pulling the wagon. The way he looks at you with those optics, he's on to something...

Mikerlantz and tassina like this.
  4. Riem

Riem Master Chief

Obviously the captain is hiding in the haystack.

JT` and tassina like this.
  5. MithranArkanere

MithranArkanere Space Kumquat

Does that hay prevent fall damage? Because it should, you know.

And an eagle cry should sound when you jump to hay from a tower.

clevernamegoeshere and tassina like this.
  6. Seiklus

Seiklus Subatomic Cosmonaut

Pick a fight, eh? Lets see you guards hit me up on this roof! *uses grapple gun*

7. darkparadise

darkparadise Big Damn Hero

Regarding the Lefthandedness...
    Earth is really one of the few planets i have been to that so many people are right handed, on most other planets they are left handed. Its good to see Chucklefish doing this correctly while so many other companies never consulted me about it..

Seiklus and tassina like this.
  8. Skrapers

Skrapers Scruffy Nerf-Herder

OH CAPTAIN, MY CAPTAIN! Seriously though. The more I hear, the more I want to get my grubby little hands on this game and play with it!

9. RedDire

RedDire Cosmic Narwhal

'K, I knew how to get that way. I just thought that you were looking at some percentage meter that isn't loading for me :p

10. JT`

JT` Phantasmal Quasar

Precisely December 31, 2013, 23:59:59.99, UTC-12:00. The beta release is being staged with a keg party on Baker Island.

Razyar likes this.
  11. lyrael_rayne

lyrael_rayne Big Damn Hero

Whoo! Yay Jordo and Bart! And everyone else too.

12. transcengopher

transcengopher Zero Gravity Genie

I have an idea of space travel and ship combat system for Starbound growing ripe in my head. It's not exactly like FTL's, but I see it as "close enough". If I'll be able to do it, I'll mod it in.

13. Angly

Angly Aquatic Astronaut